It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I think its ridiculous that politicians get to dictate when they can and cant get raises and pay cuts.
If your boss approached you and asked if you wanted to take a pay cut, what do you think your answer would be?
A big fat HELL NO!! of course, that's a no brainier.

The only person that should be able to dictate pay is the people/person who pay it, so in the case of politicians only the taxpayers should should be able to say whether or not you need that pay cut, or increase if you're doing good job.

Just imagine how great all countries around the world would be if the politicians actually had to please the people, or they risk getting their money tree trimmed.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Yes of course, so dignified they are, i suppose that's what you could
call it, my question is this, can we have them ruled unfit for their job
based on a psych evaluation? they are apparently delusional.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
A wild mind to match those strange wild eyes of hers....

More crocodile tears your highness...

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I don't ever argue against a Dem., but this is redonk. They are over paid and need to give back. Pelosi is so wrong here.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
i echo everyone's sentiments here on the thread but someone (or many someones) continue to vote her into office.

My little crystal ball says nothing is going to happen here. Politicians will give themselves a raise and penalize us with high taxes to pay for the criminal ideas. This is how it will continue to play out until they are removed from their lifelong posts.

The end.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Most of them get enough money in bribes lobbist money, so what the hell is she talking about.
Plus they don't pay their bills half the time any how because they are above thelaw.
why don't they pay income tax

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Congress critters should all be paid minimum wage with no perks like their gold-plated government-paid-for health insurance or their unbelievable retirement plans. Then we'll see how quickly they would raise the minimum wage.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
You are financing, for an example, US occupation of Yugoslavia. Jerks put CIA agents at all important functions, and they are removing any our citisen from a game. That's a kind of genocide.

Mind control, CIA, Bilderberg, destroying of communism by means of sects, drugs and making of civil and regional wars.Paranoia live?
Didn't he commit suicide in 1945? That was for public...
edit on 2/16/2013 by dragnik because: additional text

edit on 2/16/2013 by dragnik because: addition of photo

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
bad post...
edit on 16-2-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Života Starčević, that guy is over my neck since 1988.

There was a joke, a Bosnian was bitten by snake, and called his friend using cellphone. Where did it bite you? On the field. What did it bite you for? For nothing, I was just passing by...

That Ana Mladić, right on this picture, she was Ljiljana Pavićević from Svetozarevo, she was my girlfriend in 1991, for 3 months. From april to july 1991.

edit on 2/16/2013 by dragnik because: additional joke

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
bad post...

Bad for CIA... That is, for sure

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I am very surprised, according to Hollywood movies, they should have been eliminated, as a broken agents... That. Why don't they kill them?

In Vrnjačka Banja, 1969, I directed that plastic pistol right to the photographer head, he was afraid, and told me to carrey it by side... I was 4, in time of The Moon Landing...
You don't know me...

edit on 2/16/2013 by dragnik because: addition of photo

edit on 2/16/2013 by dragnik because: adding video

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

TRue, in the private sector, such as where I work, an employee is given a yearly review and ones pay is determined by how well one's employer feels they have performed the job, This should absolutely apply to public employees as well that are hired by THE PEOPLE and THE PEOPLE (a corporation is NOT a person) should have a direct say in what salaries these people are paid.

There really needs to be some mechanism (other than a fraudulant rigged Diebold/Sequoya etc. electronic vote) where the public can either reward or withold any pay increases if the people hired to do the job fail at it as determnined by real world results in real peoples lives.

And the option of having a pay CUT should also be on the table as well, in gov. jobs just like in the private sector. How can this be accomplished??? I think it is WAY past time for a massive pay cut for these FAILURES and time for them to see what it feels like to live on minimum wage of which I don't feel they are deserving of anything more. Maybe we could start there. Can we get someone to draft up the legislation or perhaps a legitimate honest vote? How would you like to try and raise a family on $7.85 an hour Nancy or even $9.00 an hour? Willing to trade in that new Mercedes for an old Chevy Nancy and those lear jet trips to some exotic getaway for a weekend stay in a Motel 6??

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by dragnik

Let me be the first to ask...

What in the name of his vile highness of the underworld are you talking about and what does it have to do with US Congressional pay?

I am genuinely confused.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Pelosi is a joke, she doesn't even think the government overspends.

Someone explain to her about deficits......or the 16 trillion debt.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I not surprised at her attitude,inspite of her arrogance.
The fact that her husband has aquired lucritive contracts due to her
Position! Her & all of Congress have lost the ability to lead America
In the "Direction",that our founding "Fathers" forsought!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
me and my boss were discussing this the other, we came up with a way to fix the problem.

1. congressional jobs should in no way shape or form have a positive benefit to the persons life other then to be able to put on your resume that you held that office.

A. you can't buy land then lobby to have a main road or city be built by it.
B. no bribes or gifts from special interest parties or anyone associated with a bill.
C. you can not have any part in the recommendation or voting process of a bill that has anything to do with your current or past job employment.
D. salary should be equal to current minimum wages during a 40 hour work week, Maximum.
E. No living or travel expenses should be paid for.
F. just a few examples.

2. Term limits should be instated.

3. (By the way some of these people act) There should be an entree test in order to qualify to run for office.

To me regulations like these would squelch any form of corruption, going on in our government, and would leave only room for the most upright people to hold office.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Politicians deserve to be fairly compensated for their efforts. Therefore they deserve no more than minimum wage.

Most of them need to be fired, put in prison, and/or sued by the American people.

A disgraceful waste of tax payer money footing the bill to pay their lavish wages, unbelievable benefits and super retirement packages. A drain of tax payer money which they do not deserve in the least.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by neo96

I believe the job should be unpaid public service job, many great people would want the position. Money only causes corruption, they should have a place to live and an allowance if they need it, most would not need it.

I think it's a fine line you walk when you talk about what is fair to pay politicians. It seems "fair" that they should only be paid what the average American makes. If they do a good job with the country and people make more then they make more money too; fair and square.

I'm not saying that paying them more stops this from happening, but you can imagine that paying someone a tiny amount of money for a job that requires a lot of responsibility might make them more apt to misappropriate funds. I'm sure you can envision a scenario where you might feel under-appreciated at work and say, "I do all the work around here. They owe me!".

So, do you give them a bunch of money in the hopes that it's enough to keep them honest or do you give them a little money and hope that they are honest?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by normal_human_being

Keep in mind both parties want to continue their current pay. Unless the republicans and or dems speak out against her they are complying and in silence her words are theirs.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join