It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by neo96

Awwwww, you guys are to hard on her, after all they want to raise minimum wage to nine dollars.

They live like kings and queens yet think they are doing us a favor with nine dollars a hour?

wow

I wish we could fire them.

edit on 102828p://bThursday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

What I found amusing was during the State of the Union address, Obama somehow thought that a family of four could live on $9.00 a hour.
No wait...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Personally, i find it amusing that they really think raising minimum wage will help..... you raise minimum wage , and what happens? The prices for products, food, services and labor go UP to accomodate the higher worker pay, on top of employers laying off workers..... if theyre going to do something stupid like raise minimum wage, might as well raise it to 100 an hour. The result is going to be the same, so go big or go home, right?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

shes an idiot.

money does not equal dignity.

her & all the rest are in positions of Honor.

they do not deserve to be paid for life in their retirement, thats crap..

and they dam sure do not deserve to be paid anything about the national medium of income.

this is obviously a sign they have been talking to too many lobbyists & not the People they serve.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

take all you want, biyotch!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
this is a perfect example of being "out of touch with reality". unfortunately for the american people, being out of touch with reality is a psychological problem... and it is widespread throughout those that hold positions in government.

a pervasive disorder characterized by symptoms that include grandiosity, an exaggerated sense of self-importance and a lack of empathy for others

That is the definition for NPD or Narcissistic Personality Disorder

Like other types of personality disorders, narcissistic personality disorder involve a longer term pattern of behaviors and thoughts

That's Pelosi to a tee! Grandiosity and an exaggerated sense of self-importance and lack of empathy for others... yep, that's her and every other member of at least the Obama admin, if not the entire government.

And we wonder why government is broken, next to nothing gets done, and why we have the feeling that they just don't care about us. THEY ALL HAVE NPD!!

Truly disturbing -- Good luck to all of us with these sick people at the helm!!

The History of Narcissistic Personality Disorder
edit on 15-2-2013 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-2-2013 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The dignity of her job!
Really

What exactly does congress actually get accomplished today? It seems all they
do is fight and argue like children while the rest of America suffers.

The minimum wage worker has a thousand more times the amount of dignity than she has!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I tend to avoid commenting on any topic relative to politics but, this....this right here!!!

This is the most ridiculous, absurd and disgusting thing I've heard coming from the mouth of a politician since the crap they shoved down our throats before the presidential election.

This woman is completely detached from reality.....last I recall, congress had an approval rate of what 14 - 15 %?

If any one of us had that type of approval rate doing our jobs.....we wouldn't have one!

With an approval rate like that....Mrs. Pelosi.....there is NO dignity of the job.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
"No race can prosper till it learns that there is as much dignity in tilling a field as in writing a poem.”
― Booker T. Washington

Pelosi uses the word "dignity" the same way a wino uses soap. Poorly and incorrectly.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
Dignity?
Job?
At least she has a good sense of humor. She made me laugh. Out loud even.

She wouldn't know dignity or job if they bit her on the buttocks. I still say fire them all, drop their pay to what ever the average Joe makes working 40 hours a week, make them pay for their healthcare, take away their retirement, and make them contribute to a 401K.

On top of that, make a new law. Any public servant that takes a bribe, or lobbying money gets fired, and has to give the money they took back to the people of this country. Oh, and one last thing. Lets go back to the death penalty for high treason. Oh wait...Can't do that. We'd have to hire a whole new government.

This is quite possibly the best post in this thread! I've been grumblimg about the politicians who are currently or were in office for the past two decades or more. These idiots have no more common sense than a mushroom, and the sheer gall of thinking their performance, especially in the last decade is anything resembling acceptable performance from a 'leader', is frankly apalling and disgusting. I can't even watch the news anymore - any version of it - without the bile rising in my throat. We're in a world of hurt now, and buffoons such as the candidates who made the various rape comments during the recent elections are atypical of the menu we are forced to pick from.

I saw other posts that refer to making these non-paying positions, and I'm all for that. Only problem I see with that is you still wind up with the rich elitists who will only further the crappy agenda we are suffering from now. This post, however, makes sense with one caveat - NO LAWYERS OR POLITIICAL FIGURES!!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by MagesticEsoteric

Pelosi should be stricken down by the huge, oversized gavel she used to pass the Obamacare bill!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Considering the approval rating for Congress is a pathetic 14% in January of this year according to the Gallup poll (source: www.gallup.com... ), I have come to the conclusion that the pay rate of the members of Congress should be entirely re-evaluated. It should be based on their approval rating. In a regular job, traditionally, one would be receive a pay increase based on their performance and their employer's pleasure/displeasure with said performance. If Congress isn't going to heed their constituents, then maybe they'll care if it hurts their pocketbooks.

Pretty crass to give oneself pay raises (believe Obama ordered a pay raise) when most of America is not fond of Congress' behavior.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I never thought I'd see the day almost everyone on ATS almost completely agree on something. I only say almost cause there still seem to be some debate on how much should be cut from their pay check.

But all in all it's nice to see.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by lynxpilot
If my pay is interrupted and hers isn't, there'll be some reckoning.

She wasn't singling out her paycheck. transcript for reference below..Just the opposite...and she acknowledged, that unlike Capitol Hill satffers who will also get hit...or other members of congress with less wealth...it won't hurt her personally.

Q: Pentagon officials were up here this week already talking about the plans they are making. If the sequester goes into effect, it also hits Congress. I'm just wondering how you personally are making plans for your leadership office, your personal offices. Do you think Members should take a pay cut? Would you take a pay cut if you had to make up the cuts in your offices?

Leader Pelosi.

Well, as you know, that's why I don't like across‑the‑board cuts because – you used one example, but there are many other examples where an across‑the‑board cut may not make the best sense.

Why should people who work on Capitol Hill pay that price and be treated as Members of Congress are? It's a hard question to ask me because most of my colleagues are the breadwinners in their families. A pay cut to me doesn't mean as much.

I mean, I don't think we should do it. I think we should respect the work we do. I think it's necessary for us to have the dignity of the job that we have rewarded, but [if there is] an across‑the‑board cut, there's an across‑the‑board cut, that's just the way it is.

www.democraticleader.gov...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Yes don't hurt those poor politicians, but have no quams hurting the people of this nation the fact is congressman make their living screwing the people over.

The issue was dignity as well as a politician has no dignity what so ever or they would not make a lifetime commitment of screwing us over.

The politicians say cut this that and the other all the while they get rich, they take power, they do whatever the hell they want to keep the status quo.

Sacrifice for us no sacrifice for them.
edit on 15-2-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObjectZero
I never thought I'd see the day almost everyone on ATS almost completely agree on something. I only say almost cause there still seem to be some debate on how much should be cut from their pay check.

But all in all it's nice to see.

Amen,

So how is it they get enough votes to stay in office with opinion at all time low,

Voter fraud?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I'm just going to throw this out there...

I think all members of congress should start with a base salary of $100,000 gross a year.

On some kind of schedule, the approval ratings of these congressional delegates will be reviewed. If your approval rating is at 73%, your pay is reduced to $73,000.

So basically, their rate of pay would be dirtectly tied to their approval ratings.

Serving in congress shoudln't be about the money anyway...it should be about helping to keep America strong and healthy.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Not sure what all that was about? I just posted the full transcript for reference...You can make of her words what you like... full transcripts vs. excerpted blerbs ....As far as your opinions on the matter...good for you?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
As far as I'm concerned not one single government deserves pay. The country is in the toilet and they think they are doing a good job and deserve pay?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ClassicCon

Were gonna need some powerful magic to take that bad witch down.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Firstly, being in congress is not a job, and it was never intended to be one

Secondly, there is no dignity in being a politician, not anymore.

Thirdly, screw you Nancy Pelosi you're a disgrace to Americans, and a waste of blood and air.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join