It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Not only should their pay be cut, their pay should be removed until they start doing the job they were elected to do. If I went in to do a spreadsheet, and goofed off for 5 years, well...I wouldn't have had a job after probably the first day.

Clean house next election, all incumbents must go.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
All Federal employees have been on a pay freeze for a few years now, and now they are seriously talking about furloughs. For those who are unaware of what a furlough is, it is a period of time where government employees are in an unpaid status. They do this to save money, although a budget hasn't been passed in 5 years, so how do they even know what they have or what they will save? This is a slap in the face to regular gov't employees, not to mention the pay increase that Obama gave the VP a few weeks ago. Not all gov't employees are high paid bureaucrats... a lot of the in the federal wage grade system make between $10 - $20 an hour. I guess those people don't deserve the "dignity" of their respective jobs.
edit on 14-2-2013 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

We're not talking about working class Americans who happen to work for the government for working class wages. We're talking about the living sponges in the Executive, Judicial, and Legislative branches who suck up all they can from the tax payers pockets, and then whine for more to support their lavish, undeserved, lifestyles.

I know you're not... I hear you loud and clear. My point was that Pelosi has the proverbial "balls" to say something like this when the situation I described exists.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
Like these criminals care about the pocket change they make from the people of the US.
They make a CRAPTON more than this off of big corp.

It's actually the other way around...

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

I know you're not... I hear you loud and clear. My point was that Pelosi has the proverbial "balls" to say something like this when the situation I described exists.

Aaahh. Got it. I hear YOU loud and clear.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
History again repeats itself...

Source

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the peasants had no bread, and who responded: "Let them eat brioche."

I say this with every ounce of the dignity her position as a Congresswoman and former Speaker of the House deserves: Nancy Pelosi is an ass.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
INDEED.

WHAT DIGNITY?

They sold any their gnat's fart's worth of dignity their first week in D.C. for a Sunday paper.

The treasonous . . . creatures from an endless booze and orgy party gone bad deserve Leavenworth . . . in exchange for their phony manipulative, arrogant, traitorous, globalist, Marxist destructiveness to the Constitution and the Republic.

What a horrid farce.

They care not a flip about the sheeple and exalt brazenly in said disdain.

They exalt in how brilliant they are to snooker so many so evily.

May they all fall in the pit they have dug for the rest of us.

Originally posted by neo96

Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Thursday that she opposes a cut in congressional pay because it would diminish the dignity of lawmakers' jobs.

thehill.com...
What dignity?

Making 6 figures to screw people over that dignity?

"I don't think we should do it; I think we should respect the work we do," Pelosi told reporters in the Capitol. "I think it's necessary for us to have the dignity of the job that we have rewarded."

Pelsoi you are a millionaire, and so are most congressman.

Plenty of it by corrupt government contracts in California for her hubby's firm, too.

I don't respect anything she or her colleagues do in fact I support a pay cut since none of those people on the tax payer dime earns a damn dollar they make.
edit on 14-2-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Only banks CEO and congress receive six figures to run this country into the ground. Pelosi wants to talk about dignity, her district has zero of it for voting for her. They should check water supply for lead.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Awwwww, you guys are to hard on her, after all they want to raise minimum wage to nine dollars.

They live like kings and queens yet think they are doing us a favor with nine dollars a hour?

wow

I wish we could fire them.

edit on 102828p://bThursday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Here is what is meant by "entitlement mindset".The world owes me because I'm special.
MANY PROGS AGREE with her. Money is the core #1 problem we have with our polititians.
If we get through this mess we really need to change that.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
Something I can agree with you on.
They should be facing a pay freeze until they stop acting like children.

They should have their pay cut to 39 thousand a year, the same as the average American worker.

How about Nancy Pelosi get some dignity the real way.

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET

Originally posted by g146541
Like these criminals care about the pocket change they make from the people of the US.
They make a CRAPTON more than this off of big corp.

It's actually the other way around...

Ok I will conceed to this point but, we must be able to agree that this is a two way street.
Lawmakers make the bulk of their income off of bribe.....err campaign contributions and big corp is allowed to skirt ....umm....issues, yeah issues and make a crapton as well off the populous.
Meanwhile leaving the little guy to fend for himself.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Originally posted by Kali74
Something I can agree with you on.
They should be facing a pay freeze until they stop acting like children.

They should have their pay cut to 39 thousand a year, the same as the average American worker.

How about Nancy Pelosi get some dignity the real way.

~Tenth

Is pelosi one of those millionaires??
If I had millions in the banks local and offshore I'm sure, I don't think losing a few thousand would hinder me any.
How about we hold these criminals feet to the fire and vote em out if they screw us.
Then we prosecute, for breach of contract.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Does it not amaze you folks how this woman continues to get elected every TWO years? What's more, she has actually been voted Speaker of the House by her fellow democrats!

Pelosi is THE example of idiocy, arrogance, selfishness, and corrupt do as I say, not as I do attitude that infects Washington DC.

To her constituants.......REALLY?!!!! WTF people?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hugues de Payens
To her constituants.......REALLY?!!!! WTF people?

Two words: San Francisco.

One of the most liberal voting districts in the USA. They are so far to the left, they occasionally accuse Rachel Maddow of being too conservative.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Oh yea, I know where she is from, and that she is an old hippie....Peace, love, understanding and all that rubbish, but sometimes ya just gotta wonder if Pelosi REALLY believes the hog wash what comes out of her own mouth.

She's a female Joe Biden, and a blooming freaking idiot. No one can tell me that she is the best the Bay Area has to offer.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Something we can agree on! I never thought I'd see the day.

Congress critters are SO out of touch with the people, and DON'T care about the people or their needs... how can they possibly accurately represent the people? They're doing a HORRIBLE job. Not only should their pay be cut until they prove they can do the job, but MANY of them should be fired. Today.

There is no dignity left in the job. They have stripped all dignity from the job and left it for dead. The current Congress (with VERY few exceptions), are just leaching from US, doing absolutely as little as possible to maintain their income, enjoying their perks and excellent health care and doing the crappiest job of representation possible. They do not represent the people, they represent themselves and their corporate owners... because that's what's good for their "career"...

edit on 2/15/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
One of the most liberal voting districts in the USA. They are so far to the left, they occasionally accuse Rachel Maddow of being too conservative.

Yeah, make it about her being liberal. Throw that divisive wrench into the works...

This is something we can all agree on - NOT that she's liberal, and therefore bad - but that all of Congress is failing us. Pelosi is a great example, but it's NOT because she is liberal. Bringing her politics into it is just... irrelevant. There are MANY conservative people in Congress (and conservative districts) who are just as bad, if not worse.
edit on 2/15/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Pelosi's statement just serves as another glaring example among many of why we need STRICT term limits in Congress. Period... This PUBLIC SERVICE role was never intended to be a lifetime gig but, that's what power, influence and money does to the system. Her and her husband have amassed most of their fortune during her overextended period of PUBLIC SERVICE. Wonder why that is??

Perhaps she can share her opinion with all of our service men and women who put their lives on the line everyday in Afghanistan all in the name of SERVING the same country that she is supposed to serve.

What a Witch!!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Dignity of the job?

What the hell does that even mean?

I mean, I know what she THINKS it means, but it makes no sense. Shows the level of intelligence we're dealing with here.

edit on 15-2-2013 by tjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

NO!!!
Their pay should be that of their home states average yearly wage. That includes Congress, Senate, Mayors, Governors and President and Vice. The President and Vice should have their pay equal to the national average.

AS for dignity???? Her brain has truly gone rotten to the core.

Pelosi, you have no dignity.

This is the cause of large expanding Govt. More morons on charge, doing moronic things and making moronic statements.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join