It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+45 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Pelosi: Congressional pay cut undermines dignity of the job

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Thursday that she opposes a cut in congressional pay because it would diminish the dignity of lawmakers' jobs.

thehill.com...
What dignity?

Making 6 figures to screw people over that dignity?

"I don't think we should do it; I think we should respect the work we do," Pelosi told reporters in the Capitol. "I think it's necessary for us to have the dignity of the job that we have rewarded."

Pelsoi you are a millionaire, and so are most congressman.

I don't respect anything she or her colleagues do in fact I support a pay cut since none of those people on the tax payer dime earns a damn dollar they make.
edit on 14-2-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Something I can agree with you on.
They should be facing a pay freeze until they stop acting like children.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
S&F neo, something we both agree on. No more raises.

+27 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The guy who collects her garbage has more dignity than her.

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Dignity?
Job?
At least she has a good sense of humor. She made me laugh. Out loud even.

She wouldn't know dignity or job if they bit her on the buttocks. I still say fire them all, drop their pay to what ever the average Joe makes working 40 hours a week, make them pay for their healthcare, take away their retirement, and make them contribute to a 401K.

On top of that, make a new law. Any public servant that takes a bribe, or lobbying money gets fired, and has to give the money they took back to the people of this country. Oh, and one last thing. Lets go back to the death penalty for high treason. Oh wait...Can't do that. We'd have to hire a whole new government.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
she has a pretty high opinion of herself and her fellow self serving douche bags in congress. There`s no dignity in being a sellout,butt kissing, yes man.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I'm on military retirement and legitimate sources are telling me my retirement check might go away, not to mention that my retirement healthcare plan that was supposed to be included now has a price tag on it that is doubling in 2 years, but will probably also go away.

If my pay is interrupted and hers isn't, there'll be some reckoning.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I think some of the most dignified and powerful people in the world would be able to do their job with a smile for a dollar a year. Those are the beautiful magical people, who have a high power job and don't quibble about the price, because it's an honorable job that they have, and the really good ones are masters at making it work. Their power position generates wealth for them.

She needs to know that her job price tag is not the real marker of her worth. It's sort of sad because this shows what a little rich bubble she's living in.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I am from California..and I must say Pelosi's statement shows how out of touch she and her colleagues are. Dignity? Job? ...I too laugh at the absurdity of her words.

Nancy...you not only embarrass yourself....you embarrass your state....hell....you are just an embarrassment. PERIOD.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Sandalphon

My neighbor who farms, and raises cattle...could do a better job than her......

At least he understands what it means to be a struggling American.

Des

edit on 14-2-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I believe the job should be unpaid public service job, many great people would want the position. Money only causes corruption, they should have a place to live and an allowance if they need it, most would not need it.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Wow...I didn't know being a dirty , rotten scoundrel required dignity...go figure...

Second
edit on 2/14/2013 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
All Federal employees have been on a pay freeze for a few years now, and now they are seriously talking about furloughs. For those who are unaware of what a furlough is, it is a period of time where government employees are in an unpaid status. They do this to save money, although a budget hasn't been passed in 5 years, so how do they even know what they have or what they will save? This is a slap in the face to regular gov't employees, not to mention the pay increase that Obama gave the VP a few weeks ago. Not all gov't employees are high paid bureaucrats... a lot of them in the federal wage grade system make between $10 - $20 an hour. I guess those people don't deserve the "dignity" of their respective jobs.
edit on 14-2-2013 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

LOL, pay cut...
Like these criminals care about the pocket change they make from the people of the US.
They make a CRAPTON more than this off of big corp.
What a non-issue.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

edit on 14-2-2013 by Spiritualjoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Lol... dignity...

Obama called for a raise in the minimum wage, and I heard all sorts of BS from these politicians on how its a "bad idea" and it will reduce job hiring. But ask them to take a cut to their already high 6 or 7 figure salaries, with their Cadillac benefits.. oh hellllll no!!!

America...

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
All Federal employees have been on a pay freeze for a few years now, and now they are seriously talking about furloughs. For those who are unaware of what a furlough is, it is a period of time where government employees are in an unpaid status. They do this to save money, although a budget hasn't been passed in 5 years, so how do they even know what they have or what they will save? This is a slap in the face to regular gov't employees, not to mention the pay increase that Obama gave the VP a few weeks ago. Not all gov't employees are high paid bureaucrats... a lot of the in the federal wage grade system make between $10 - $20 an hour. I guess those people don't deserve the "dignity" of their respective jobs.
edit on 14-2-2013 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

We're not talking about working class Americans who happen to work for the government for working class wages. We're talking about the living sponges in the Executive, Judicial, and Legislative branches who suck up all they can from the tax payers pockets, and then whine for more to support their lavish, undeserved, lifestyles.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I will give her a raise....

..my boot-her ass....to the moon.

save tax payer dollars too.

Hows that for deficit reduction?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Why should the congress be paid for all the dignity while the rest of us have gone through severe pay cuts as a result of the actions of this government? Earn your dignity by making a better life for the Citizens.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I think the job shouldn't require pay at all, nobody forced them to go into politics, it should just be an honor to serve their country on their own dime, because mostly millionaires hold these positions.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join