It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edited: Does anyone know why Nibiru did not hit, theories, new dates, etc, Regular 2012'ers have va

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
At this point it might be of interest to point out that before his death, Sitchin, the inventor of the fantasy planet called Nibiru, was adamant that Nibiru was not due in 2012. His statements were largely ignored. Sitchin did not put a firm date on the return of his planet but did give some rough dates.

The question is why these are not being touted today. Nibiru was hijacked for 2012. Why is it not on its original course now that 2012 has finished with silence? The inventor of the fantasy planet did not agree with 2012. Seems that he knew that the 2012 hijacking just might be the demise of Nibiru.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by St Udio

Does this site explain why there have been no magnetic reversals in 3/4 of a million years?

Does this site explain that there are 2 components to the magnetic field of the Earth and the dipole field is the one that reverses?

this site ??

i do not think so/...

but kindly explain just why the magnetic readings of the constantly widening Atlantic seabed at the mid-Atlantic ridge have magnetic shifts as late as several times a decade

clearly the geologic record is being data mined for the 'proofs' which only back up some school-of-thoughts guidelines...

i did not say that pole reversals definitely shifted every 12,000 years... i alluded that the Suns' twisted magnetic field usually takes 12.000 years on average to reach the critical stage where much un-natural phenomena may or will happen,,, including magnetosphere collapses or flips...and the resulting collapses of advanced civilizations

the HPH site has a better elaborated theory about the process with the Earth Core and the Suns energies...
they pointed out that serious cosmic catastrophies from the Sun are recorded in 3 past events over the past 40,000 years,,,(thats a little over the 12,000 year average interval...huh)

at least some people are delving into the fringe areas where school learned- Academic 'scientists' fear to tread...
'
more power to sources like HPH(half-past-human), Le Violette, Dames and others ...some famous & others no so much
edit on 15-2-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

but kindly explain just why the magnetic readings of the constantly widening Atlantic seabed at the mid-Atlantic ridge have magnetic shifts as late as several times a decade

The magnetic field is not static.

clearly the geologic record is being data mined for the 'proofs' which only back up some school-of-thoughts guidelines...

Is that what the site you linked to was doing?

i did not say that pole reversals definitely shifted every 12,000 years... i alluded that the Suns' twisted magnetic field usually takes 12.000 years on average to reach the critical stage where much un-natural phenomena may or will happen,,, including magnetosphere collapses or flips...and the resulting collapses of advanced civilizations

A collapse of the magnetosphere does nothing to life on Earth. That can be determined from the fossil record. That was determined first in 1971 in a study and has been supported by studies since that time. There is no evidence for a previous advanced civilization.

at least some people are delving into the fringe areas where school learned- Academic 'scientists' fear to tread...

These people are posting nonsense. It is also incorrect to claim that scientists "fear" to whatever. The issue is well studied and you could determine that by examining the scientific literature.

Start here
gsabulletin.gsapubs.org...

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by vkey08
reply to post by Ben81

Yeah this wasn't meant to sling mud at anyone, it's more of a, ok Dec 21'st 2012 was a bust.. WHY though, what happened to prevent this from happening, I'm more interested in those explanations, and so far all people have done is argue..

Simple answer IT DIDN'T EXIST is that really to difficult to understand

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

reply to post by Ben81

Yeah this wasn't meant to sling mud at anyone, it's more of a, ok Dec 21'st 2012 was a bust.. WHY though, what happened to prevent this from happening, I'm more interested in those explanations, and so far all people have done is argue..

You don't understand the question either, Stereologist got it..

Without gloating or saying "hey your'e wrong" I was asking the people that pushed the Nibiru narrative to explain, as THEY understand it, why it did not come to pass, this sort of thing should have been first and foremost done immediately, but it wasn't and that was my mistake..

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

reply to post by Ben81

Without gloating or saying "hey your'e wrong" I was asking the people that pushed the Nibiru narrative to explain, as THEY understand it, why it did not come to pass, this sort of thing should have been first and foremost done immediately, but it wasn't and that was my mistake..

I follow the Nibiru stuff. Have for awhile.

However I never thought the date to be 2012 other than way back in like 2006 or so. After the Mayan Calendar took hold of the date I looked further into the Nibiru scene.

I used Neumayer station a lot. Because my understanding is that this is one of the only spots you can see it. Because it does not orbit or come towards earth like any other object would.

However weird things happen at Neumayer and I don't really follow it much anymore.

Not to mention Neumayer station is 2128 km from any other station!

Really weird.

My understanding of Nibiru is that it is a Brown Dwarf.

The only way you will see it is by a Star shinning light off of it. This rules out the fact that astronomers cannot see it with telescopes/naked eye.

Also that it is coming in from under us/south.

It's kinda like Brown Dwarf Gliese 229B - Not the same thing but if you read about that Dwarf you will understand why it is not seen. And maybe only seen from the South.

Time date? Idk I'm not a fear monger so I don't make dates up.

However one thing to think about is Einsteins Time Dilation under General Relativity.

"Time passes more quickly further from the center of gravity of a large mass"

The reason why I bring this up is because some people believe time is moving faster.

They buy a cup of coffee and it gets cold a lot faster.

A day at work seems to pass by faster than usually.

A Dwarf planet like Nibiru would have a greater mass than earth. I start to wonder if it is gravitationally pulling us. Possibly further away from the Sun (Which is a gravity well).

Which would cause a time dilation.

You wouldn't notice it on clocks; Since the ticking would also be effected by Time Dilation.

I still believe there is a Dwarf out there. Don't know where it's at or when it will be here. Let alone how you would notice. But I don't think it's related at all to 2012.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Take a look here:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by JrDavis

reply to post by Ben81

I follow the Nibiru stuff. Have for awhile.

However I never thought the date to be 2012 other than way back in like 2006 or so. After the Mayan Calendar took hold of the date I looked further into the Nibiru scene.

I used Neumayer station a lot. Because my understanding is that this is one of the only spots you can see it. Because it does not orbit or come towards earth like any other object would.

However weird things happen at Neumayer and I don't really follow it much anymore.

Not to mention Neumayer station is 2128 km from any other station!

Really weird.

My understanding of Nibiru is that it is a Brown Dwarf.

The only way you will see it is by a Star shinning light off of it. This rules out the fact that astronomers cannot see it with telescopes/naked eye.

Also that it is coming in from under us/south.

It's kinda like Brown Dwarf Gliese 229B - Not the same thing but if you read about that Dwarf you will understand why it is not seen. And maybe only seen from the South.

Time date? Idk I'm not a fear monger so I don't make dates up.

However one thing to think about is Einsteins Time Dilation under General Relativity.

"Time passes more quickly further from the center of gravity of a large mass"

The reason why I bring this up is because some people believe time is moving faster.

They buy a cup of coffee and it gets cold a lot faster.

A day at work seems to pass by faster than usually.

A Dwarf planet like Nibiru would have a greater mass than earth. I start to wonder if it is gravitationally pulling us. Possibly further away from the Sun (Which is a gravity well).

Which would cause a time dilation.

You wouldn't notice it on clocks; Since the ticking would also be effected by Time Dilation.

I still believe there is a Dwarf out there. Don't know where it's at or when it will be here. Let alone how you would notice. But I don't think it's related at all to 2012.

And out sun isn't the brightest star in the local area of space, and any object coming in directly toward south pole would be visible 90 degrees either way (a whole hemisphere) , and brown dwarfs emit their own light and radiation, and that there are no gravity distortions changing orbits of all the other planets makes no difference to your beliefs?

You put too much faith in fringe nonsense so it blinds you to reason and fact.

Nibieu does not exist

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by siliconpsychosis

"However, such objects would be hard to find in the sky, as they would emit almost no visible light. Their strongest emissions would be in the infrared (IR) spectrum, and ground-based IR detectors were too imprecise at that time to readily identify any brown dwarfs."

Nibiru very much could be a Dwarf. Even a Black Dwarf.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

I authored on a thread on why the notion that something can only be seen from the South Pole is a false claim. Think of it this way, if you look at ball how much do you see? You see half the ball, right? Well if you are a flea standing anywhere on that half of the ball could they see you? Yes. In a scaled up version half the world can see you if you can see the world.

Also the telescope at the South Pole is not an optical scope.

Astronomers can see brown dwarfs. They have photographed them 9 light years away. Jupiter has the same composition as a brown dwarf and it is easily spotted in the night sky.

Time dilation cannot be determined by things such as ones you mention.

The position of the Earth relative to Sun is only changing due to a process called transfer of momentum. It is very slight and accounted for by the known masses of the Earth and Sun. There is no unknown mass in the solar system affecting movements of objects.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

Nibiru very much could be a Dwarf. Even a Black Dwarf.

No. Not a black dwarf. The universe is not old enough for black dwarfs to exist.

Distant brown dwarfs are difficult to detect but a nearby one would reflect the light of the Sun in the same way Jupiter does.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

Can you see a light bulb if it is turned off? Sure if there are other light sources around. We've got a biggie in this solar system called the Sun.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   

reply to post by Ben81

REALLY look at the thread title from the title "Does anyone know why Nibiru did not hit"

The answer was it didn't exist! YOU asked a question THAT is the answer

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

It was a rhetorical question, we all know it doesn't exist, however the people who normally would have been touting new data and mistaken dates are nowhere to be seen, the question therefore is for them, it's more morbid curiosity on my part, having spent a lot of time researching the claims made by these people, as to why they aren't still standing up for this theory in the face of overwhelming evidence that it's a non-issue..

Although......

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I seriously would have thought that the Nibiru crowd would be pouring over this forum with all new dates and predictions, but it's really turned into a ghost town?

I am genuinely curious as to why nibiru did not hit in the words of the Nibiru Crowd that was so vocal, I have heard elsewhere about new dates, the calculations were wrong and a host of other theories, I'd like that to be discussed here.. it's really fascinating now that everyone has the chance to start fresh.

Any ideas as to why that would be?
edit on 14-2-2013 by vkey08 because: changed the tone

Niburu DID come but in another dimensional space land dimension. Those who reached the Christ consciousness boarded niburu and flew off into the night sky with Jesus and the other guys of the GFL and Ashtar command.
The world did in fact end and with the aid of several pages of pseudo-scientific gibberish and new age backpedaling I can save face by saying I was correct about the whole 2012 event.
/lulz

I think I got it.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Because there is no end of the world, so this whole topic is useless now.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
To be honest the only way this topic goes away is for this so called planet/dwarf star/mini solar system or whatever it is being called nowadays to actually show up and by then it will be too late for us to care.

So I guess we will have to endure the Nibiru legend live on as long as there are those who want to believe in it.

Now what I find interesting is the fact that the Nibiru believers think something that is supposed to be bigger than Jupiter can just sit out there near our sun and the gravitational forces from this object have no effect on other celestial bodies in our solar system.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingFox

Your link is the same old stuff. Nothing new there. In fact the link is from 2011. It is 2 years old.

It begins with a questionable claim: "Over 80% of all solar systems have multiple suns"

They also make the mistake of inferring that WISE has trouble detecting Oort cloud comets and stuff would have trouble detecting a small star orbiting our Sun. So what if it can't detect an ice ball maybe 1 to 10 miles across? What does that have to do with detecting a heat radiating star thousands of miles across?

It's also a dubious claim that scientists are trouble by the "2 Sun" images. Scientists might struggle over which of several atmospheric conditions existed. Then article shows images of debunked videos.

Basically the article stinks.

Next time write what you think instead of placing just a link to a dubious write up.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by winofiend

In my own personal defense, I have never been a bully here. I have stated my hopes, listed my reasons, defended my opinions, questioned those of others, and that's about it.

I understand the need for skepticism. But I don't understand the need to brag about being right. There's nothing to be proud of in being right unless you've accomplished a feat worth being proud of. Homo Sapiens continues to do battle like dogs over a toy. The skeptics were right, as far as we know, but I don't see that as any cause for happiness.

That's the point I'm trying to make here.

This is a joke right? You were certainly one of the 2012ers biggest bullies, mocking lots of skeptics along the way. It was only until after you realized you were 100% wrong that you created this facade of wanting to just peacefully move on.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join