It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A video on police brutality.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Whilst the video's motive was to encourage filming the police in order to make them accountable, I was still very shocked to see some of the very harsh and OTT response from officers - and what makes it worse is that such criminal and violent acts from officers doesn't exactly reduce crime or deter criminals (not that I'm saying illegal brutality by police is permissible in any circumstances). In fact, what it actually serves to do is increase dislike of the police and whatnot.

I do hope that not all officers are like this. What do you think - is police brutality a phenomenon of a minority; or are police safe in the knowledge that they won't be prosecuted or punished and so confidently go in, all guns blazing?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
And white America was so shocked when rap and hip-hop came onto the scene and talked down towards cops. What they did not realize is that what goes on in black communities and low-income communities is not the same as suburban America. Some people have woken up to this now, with the invention and spread of the internet, but still nothing is done about it.

Americans forget that our power comes from the Constitution, and our ability to enforce it in any way possible, with protests on the lower extreme and violent revolution on the higher extreme. This abuse of power and abuse of democracy is why we have the 2nd amendment, as our Founding Fathers made very clear in their writings, and things are not going to change until we collectively challenge the government, including law enforcement. It must be done on a large scale however for it to succeed. Those who say it is too late for revolution to succeed are simply ignorant. It is not even too late for protesting to succeed, it just has to be done collectively.

join