It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carnival Triumph cruise ship situation is worse than what is being reported.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
LOL!!!
First world problems...
I have to poo in a bag... Some folks do alot worse for a living.
Luxury cruise...Get over it and fix your hair princess.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I can't even imagine the lving Hell this has turned into for these people. I would want out of there SO BAD! And you what A-holes a lot of people are......

I would consider not eating so I wouldn't have to poo......

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lynzer
I can't even imagine the lving Hell this has turned into for these people. I would want out of there SO BAD! And you what A-holes a lot of people are......

You know there are people that have never taken a vacation due to having to pay bills or because they live in a third world country yet alone take a vacation on a big "luxury cruise".
Sorry no sympathy here.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
watching CNN right now and they are definitely NOT talking about any deaths. broken ankles seem to be the worst they are willing to speak of. do we know for sure someone died? is there any chance that CNN doesn't know?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
With responses like I've seen here its no wonder that the world thinks the people of the United States are a bunch of candy asses.

Geeze if the SHTF really happened you people will be screwed

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

You know there are people that have never taken a vacation due to having to pay bills or because they live in a third world country yet alone take a vacation on a big "luxury cruise".
Sorry no sympathy here.

I don't have money for fancy vacations either...but I DID get to go on 4 day cruise one time because my boss gave it to me as a reward. So not everyone gets to take a luxury cruise because they are dripping with money. Anyhow what does that matter? People are suffering. I do feel sorry for them.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Tardacus

One of the worst parts is that they closed the bars as soon as it happened.

5 days at sea with a bunch of angry party animals and the bar is closed!!!

The only thing Carnival has offered these people is a refund for this trip and 50% off the NEXT TRIP!

Really?? Next trip??

edit on 14-2-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

Of course the next trip will be infested with that nasty stomach flu/Nora virius.

These people are true gambler/adventurers.

I never understood why people are all happy to pack themselves into a cruise. I just don't get it.

Hell, if I want to go to Belize or Europe or wherever I fly.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Sorry no sympathy here.

I don't have money for fancy vacations either...but I DID get to go on 4 day cruise one time because my boss gave it to me as a reward. So not everyone gets to take a luxury cruise because they are dripping with money. Anyhow what does that matter? People are suffering. I do feel sorry for them.

What matters here is this is a minor inconvenience, nothing more.
There are people all over this world who live far worse than this every day, they cannot simply get off the boat.
Boo hoo, ya stepped in poo!

Get over it, wipe your shoe, fix your hair and get up on deck.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Was reading on Foxnews a minute ago and pretty much as soon as it docks they are loading the people on buses and shipping them out to New Orleans or Galveston.

I am pretty sure as well once they accept the refund and get the $500 they will sign a receipt which in fine print will keep them from suing.

I am sure in a couple days there will be some good videos hitting youtube.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Originally posted by seabag

One of the worst parts is that they closed the bars as soon as it happened.

5 days at sea with a bunch of angry party animals and the bar is closed!!!

The only thing Carnival has offered these people is a refund for this trip and 50% off the NEXT TRIP!

Really?? Next trip??

edit on 14-2-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

Of course the next trip will be infested with that nasty stomach flu/Nora virius.

These people are true gambler/adventurers.

I never understood why people are all happy to pack themselves into a cruise. I just don't get it.

Hell, if I want to go to Belize or Europe or wherever I fly.

I agree, Cruise ships might look fancy from the dock but they are just cattle cars packed with people in a relatively confined space.If I want to spend a week in an environment like that i`ll just go ride the subway all day everyday for a week.
The most unbelievable thing about it is that people actually pay real money to be packed on a ship and floated around in the ocean for a week.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
She said they opened up the bar yesterday finally, and all these guys were trashed drunk and peeing all over the walls and everything. The carpets are soaked wet with sewer leaking from busted pipes in the walls. That in it's self can be a danger. People have the potential of getting very sick. They have given them biohazard bags to poop in, and they are supposed to leave them in the halls. They were told to pee in the showers. ( insert Seinfeld joke here) She said most of the people sleeping on the decks were in rooms with no windows, so they were in pitch black. She said they went 24 hours without eating. People in the front of the line were hoarding the food- taking 10 hamburgers- leaving none for the people at the back.

I agree conditions may be no worse than some 3rd world conditions, but let's see if you were thrown in these conditions, if you wouldn't complain when you had been expecting a great vacation.

I'm interested in hearing about the death in the fire along with the 2 injuries. I'd like to know if this is true. She says the fire was much worse that they are saying.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
They should have to have some back up generators, like someone suggested. Also why can't they have some type of secondary engine, maybe not as big as the regular ones but something that could provide some kind of limited power to move the ship.They should also have some way to get food necessities delivered.I'm surprised people didn't take matters into their own hands and start escaping in lifeboats. You wouldn't get me on one of these ships anyway. I wouldn't want to be stuck with a bunch of tourists when things get desperate.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Hell, I just can go to Vegas and never leave the hotel. That would pretty much be the same as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

I'm sure we'll hear more once the ship reaches dock. But the thing that bothers me is that these instances are happening with increasing frequency, along with the sickness outbreaks.

Why this this business is still in business is beyond me.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
at least it wasn't a party cruise...

Ive been on a party cruise in the gulf of mexico, it was wild. A lot of booze boobs and sex.

If this same scenario played out with thousands of 21-35 year olds on a party cruise it would be absolute pandemonium, used condoms everywhere barf in the hallways and in the ice machine. Fights and blood...

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Some of you are so heartless...
It's bad enough not having proper facilities, but there are reports of food poisoning in some cases. How awful! Can you imagine the stench of that ship?
It's not first world problems, it's not whining...If you were in similar conditions, you'd want out too.
How about the ones that are being jerks, why don't you guys go live in your own filth for a week (if you're not already doing so), then report back to us on how awesome it is. While you're at it, disconnect your internet, and your electricity.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Retikx

I used to work at a hotel a few years ago, and someone had thrown a big party in one of the rooms. The smell of pot, mixed with beer and vomit, is not a smell that's easily forgotten.
Ugh, it's making me sick, and sad to read these posts. I hope these people sue the crap out of Carnival. This is beyond ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Britster1821

Thank you for some sanity and empathy, here. Those conditions sound like the hurricane Katrina dome. I saw on my tv news earlier, that someone had a stroke on that ship, too. Sounds horrific. My sympathies to them.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
It wouldn't hurt some of you to grow a sliver of empathy.

Situations like this are why I will never go on a cruise. Too many things can go wrong and none of the companies seem to want to plan for it until they have to save face for the media. Plus, for that type of money, I could go run around a nice hotel in Vegas or some place like that and wouldn't have to be faced with the possibility of being stuck in the middle of a giant body of water if something goes awfully wrong.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I've always wanted to take a cruise, but guess not anymore.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join