It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carnival Triumph cruise ship situation is worse than what is being reported.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I know someone on this ship and I talked to her sister today. She is saying the conditions are much more worse than they are saying . Someone has died in the fire and 2 others were injured. In fact, she got a text from her sister when I was talking to her , and her sister wanted the contact info to CNN so she could let them know what is really going on.

Carnival is denying anyone has died, and I know this is hearsay, but I believe this woman. I know her, and she owns a local business and wouldn't lie about conditions. I have no links to any news stories about this besides the ones in MSM.....abcnews.go.com...
edit on 14-2-2013 by toolstarr because: pressed enter too soon

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

Apparently someone got through to CNN, this video was posted 7 hrs ago. I don't know, this media report makes it sound fairly disgusting.

Video Description:

Published on Feb 14, 2013

Carnival Cruise Ship From Hell - Floating Petri - Dish - Passengers Have Degraded Themselves to hoarding and stealing...Using the bathroom in bags as urine runs the walls and fecal matter backs up in the rooms...what a vacation!

Carnival spokesman says: "conditions on the ship are challenging"

I am sure the Youtube videos will be quite telling once they finally get in and have had a shower...or 3...and a decent meal...or 2!
edit on 2/14/2013 by UberL33t because: tags

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The ship is probably not US flagged so not much can be done about it. Sounds like a pretty low budget operation to me. Playing the odds

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
My wife had the T.V. on and was watching the news and as I was passing through the room I heard the news say that people on the ship were using plastic bags for toilets since the ships toilets aren`t working.

edit on 14-2-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I feel bad for those people.

But here is my thing..Why is the media lying about this? These people aren't going to die. They are going to come back to land and run their mouths. I don't blame them. I'd be more mad at the media for belittling to situation I was in than Carnival for letting it happen. Plus Carnival is giving full refunds plus $500.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mikell

Sounds like a pretty low budget operation to me.

Low budget, however, dollars to donuts it's high profit (corporately speaking). Although, I am sure the Corporate Bonuses this year may see a slight dip once these passengers seek legal counsel. I don't think a refund (ETA: + $500) is going to cut it here...
edit on 2/14/2013 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Plus Carnival is giving full refunds plus $500.
reply to post by headorheart

Thats what carnival would LIKE to pay out. You can add several millions of dollars to that figure.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I'm sure its pretty disgusting onboard, but come on. Noboby is in any danger. Its not like they've been torpedoed and are taking on water. "Oh woe is me! My A/C doesn't work and I smell poop!". Everyone is getting their money back and a free cruise out of it. And this isn't the first one of these vessels to just up and quit while out to sea. I doubt they're very carefuly maintained.

link   
I believe that the conditions are way worse than they have been reporting. It is a terrible situation for those people.

What I don't understand is why they couldn't transfer all those people over to another ship while it was still out at sea. I know that there were thousands of people but for the amount of time they were stranded at sea they could have somehow slowly moved them to a working ship. As a potential passenger on a cruise ship I would want to know for my own safety that it would be possible to escape a situation like this.

I also don't understand why the people on there are having to eat what is available on the ship. One lady was quoted on the news as saying they were eating cucumber and onion sandwiches but she chose to eat whatever bagged chips were there so she didn't get ill like some other people were. I wonder why can't they bring fresh food onto the ship from another ship or helicopter?

I for one have never and would never take a vacation on a cruise ship and this horrible situation just adds to my list of why I wouldn't. I can't even imagine how disgusting those conditions must be.

link   
reply to post by Tardacus

One of the worst parts is that they closed the bars as soon as it happened.

5 days at sea with a bunch of angry party animals and the bar is closed!!!

The only thing Carnival has offered these people is a refund for this trip and 50% off the NEXT TRIP!

Really?? Next trip??

edit on 14-2-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111
I'm sure its pretty disgusting onboard, but come on. Noboby is in any danger. Its not like they've been torpedoed and are taking on water. "Oh woe is me! My A/C doesn't work and I smell poop!". Everyone is getting their money back and a free cruise out of it. And this isn't the first one of these vessels to just up and quit while out to sea. I doubt they're very carefuly maintained.

Easy to say while on your computer, likely in a temperature controlled room/home, food in the cupboards/fridge, and likely with a functioning bathroom.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
My wife had the T.V. on and was watching the news and as I was passing through the room I heard the news say that people on the ship were using plastic bags for toilets since the ships toilets aren`t working.

edit on 14-2-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

First World Problems.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
This is really going to hurt Carnival Cruise Lines image. Refunding passengers money plus $500 dollars isn't going to erase the bad publicity and all the bad mouthing of Carnival. You can bet the jokes about Carnival Cruises will be rampant on the late shows and in comic material around the country.

They have to start regulating cruise ships. They don't have to abide by some of the same laws that dictate business es on shore. In the past 2 or 3 years, I never heard of so many cruise ships running aground, people missing, and deplorable conditions like this one.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CINY8

That's exactly what I can't understand. Is it against company policy to have your clients rescued, under extreme situations. Seems like a reduction in law suits would be forth coming, if the company took responsibility, and allowed a common sense solution to be implemented. Taking people off a a ship that won't sail, seems reasonable to my way of thinking. I feel for all those people in such horrific conditions. Hopefully they will get this situation taken care of soon.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

I go to the bathroom into a plastic bag for fun. 4000 whiners is what I see here. Just kidding of course. I'm just being contrary for the sake of being contrary. Id be wicked pissed if this happened on my vacation. You wait and work all year for a week's worth of fun and...

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111
reply to post by UberL33t

I go to the bathroom into a plastic bag for fun. 4000 whiners is what I see here. Just kidding of course. I'm just being contrary for the sake of being contrary. Id be wicked pissed if this happened on my vacation. You wait and work all year for a week's worth of fun and...

Likewise on the being
...and as I am sure you're aware I was merely being contrary to your contrariness

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I don't know what to think because I never ever believe the MSM........that said I do have a question for any sea fairing folks here who will certainly know more than this land lubber.

I realize this is a passenger ship and it is huge, so my thoughts are why cannot these ships have a very large generator to run the kitchens and toilets and some other essentials when they have hundreds of thousands of gallons of fuel of board?

I know I am reaching but I am thinking of a couple of large sized Cat engines in the hull converted to run off of the ships fuel would be a nice touch.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Usually those $500 is for the people involved to sign a paper they won't sue. And, knowing this story they will sue. This has details that will get the victims sympathy. No toilets. Anybody can relate to that. It's hard to argue to a jury that having no toilets is a good thing. There will be lawsuits. Maybe even corporate will need to find some scapegoats for this. Make no mistake, this is bad for buisiness.

Don't accept gifts that comes with strings attached.... fair advice.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I have worked on cruise lines in the past and can vouch for the probable uncomfortable and horrid living conditions they must face.

Cucumber and onion sandwhiches are not too uncommon, even on a normal cruise day!

And let me tell you... even in the best of conditions, the cruise ship life is NOT comfortable! I feel so bad for the people who WORK on the ships! If you've ever been on a cruise ship as a passenger, the workers get half the room size with a bunk mate... Carnival Cruise will simply be the next target for the inconsistencies in Cruising Entertainment.

Hope the Cruise Director has a great sense of humor.

Poor people... not a way to spend their vacation...

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I've been on three cruises. They are floating zoos on the best days. I can't begin to imagine what something like this is in comparison.

I took these cruises to accompany friends who wanted to go. I would never choose to cruise. They're a huge waste of money and unless you've booked a higher end package (nice stateroom/priority boarding, etc.) you are treated like cattle.

On a side note, I had to use a bathroom that was malfunctioning on the HAL Westerdam. It reeked. I pity those people on that ship.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join