Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

1947 Roswell Newspaper I found

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I remember reading something about the Roswell UFO when I was young, so I vaguely remember it. As I recall, the book mentioned at first the U.S. Government openly admitted to it being a UFO, but then changed it to a weather balloon. Anywho great find keep going to thrift stores to see if you can find more strange things like this.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Nice find, thanks for posting.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by deloprator20000
What is also amazing is that a couple of days BEFORE the famous Roswell incident, two actual balloons crashed. One balloon train was stolen by a couple of punk kids and never recovered . There was no military response, no military squad sent to round up the kids and recover the balloon, no cover story, in fact no story at all.

There was another crashed balloon this time it was recovered by a rancher, the rancher promptly alerted the authorities and they came and recovered the balloon. Take note, there was no flight to Wright AFB, no military squad sent to pick up the crashed pieces by hand, no cover stories about "flying discs", no retractions, top military brass were not alerted -- all in all both cases of an actual crashed balloons were treated very differently from the famous Roswell incident.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is a good point, it would've been easier to sell the 'Weather Balloon' story if the Roswell
Base people had not mentioned that the material had been sent off to higher authorities.
Certainly, sending out a group of Military folk out into the desert to retrieve the debris would
make residents of the area wonder if something unusual had happened.

I've even heard that it was normal for ranchers to bring in downed scientific weather balloons
on the off-chance of a reward. It's been said that many in the area around New Mexico Air
Bases were familair with these sort of devices.

Granted, the Military may have been given a heads-up if the wreckage was a device used in
clandestine activities such as Project Mogul and the information gathered was needed elsewhere.
But are we to believe the guys who sent the balloon up watched it sail away and the looked at
each other and muttered "er...how do we get it back?!!"

So Mack found the damaged reflectors, the thin balsa I-beams withe decorative tape and the
mangled latex skin, didn't recognise it as a balloon and after storing some of it in a shed, he went
into town (without any of the material?) and notified the local radio station that he'd found a
flying saucer.
Didn't he realise that he'd look a fool when asked to deliver the proof?
AND if it was just a fallen balloon, then why did the Army keep Brazel locked-up for a week?

A while later, Mack Brazel and his family moved away, he seemed to come into abit of money
and supposedly bought a new truck and Meat Packing company.
It makes you think, huh?

posted on Aug, 4 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Would you consider selling it? I'm an avid newspaper collector and would love to add to my collection!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join