Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

1947 Roswell Newspaper I found

page: 5
86
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

log in

join

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
having that newspaper might attract alien related things to you. You know, if you believe the law of attraction and all that stuff




posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSuave
Put your image through google and found this: ramanan50.wordpress.com...

looks like someone already stole your images LOL


Wow if that's not the OP'ers Blog..., that's one of the quickest thefts, and catches I've ever seen.

Nice Job.


But on to the original topic, that was an awesome read, I've never gotten to read the actual article, only the headline. I would love for someone to get a hold of the paper that came out the next day retracting the statements (the one with the guy holding the tinfoil in the pic. LOL. I'd like to read that article too.

great stuff.



posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUBKONCIOUS
Personally I do not believe in Aliens.. at least not as in being among us in physical form... Why would the media.. which was as controlled then.. as it is now.. go through the trouble of creating hysteria about an unidentified flying craft has been recovered.. and then say oh never mind.. it was actually a weather balloon. well i could think of one really good reason... the Germans figured out how to build "flying saucers" and rather than admit that the Germans had completely out-done them technologically.. they decided they would be better off creating the "illusion" that it could be of"extra terrestrial" origin... does this mean I think German pilots crashed in Roswell? No. I believe American military had seized German prototypes and tried to fly them or try to reproduce them.. or both... but failed miserably.. how come you less commonly hear about the Kecksburg UFO incident? The one where witnesses described occult markings on the "craft" that strongly resembled German style occult symbols.. Look at project silver bug... American Engineers with the help of paperclip nazis trying to emulate German engineering to create a "flying disk" and it failed.. millions of dollars wasted.... Now what about all the UFO sightings that still happen today all around the world? the question you should be asking is.. hmmmm.. Extra-Terrestrial? or Extra-Territorial? Just lookin at things from a different angle.. that's all...


It's a good theory, that humans had made the 'objects lighted from the inside' to skip like coins off of the horizon and to be named 'flying saucers.' There are many reports of these objects in the 40s to enter very large ships, some to be flying into space and most to be balls of light, but yes it is even rumored the Germans had visited mars by the 40s and NASA was not even first to go to the moon in the US.




But there is only one way these glowing balls of light can be located around the 4 corners of the mysterious US and be of German origin perhaps through the operation paper clip exchange of scientists - from the mind control program of the 50s they would have learned how to literally plant the realistic dream of being abducted by aliens, and yes the 'missing time' was true but it was really government hypnotists creating a virtual reality of 3 or 4 aliens entering the room and so forth...



posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Wait What! You found a newspaper saying an alien craft crashed landed in Roswell New Mexico over 60 years ago! Some ATS members should pull their collective intelligence together and look into this, might be something there......



posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213

Originally posted by MrSuave
Put your image through google and found this: ramanan50.wordpress.com...

looks like someone already stole your images LOL


Wow if that's not the OP'ers Blog..., that's one of the quickest thefts, and catches I've ever seen.

Nice Job.


But on to the original topic, that was an awesome read, I've never gotten to read the actual article, only the headline. I would love for someone to get a hold of the paper that came out the next day retracting the statements (the one with the guy holding the tinfoil in the pic. LOL. I'd like to read that article too.

great stuff.


That site was from several years ago, maybe the OP used it instead of taking a full-page picture himself? No biggie, that is one of the most reproduced front pages in newspaper history!
Nice find, looks like it is real and not a reproduction judging by the yellowing and stains.
Along the same lines, when I was a child JFK was assassinated and for the next week I took all my folks newspapers and put them in the attic. I did the same when Apollo 11 went to the moon.
I put them under some of the glass blanket insulation and my brother was the last to live there and it (the house) was sold,
Sometime in the future I suppose someone will find this treasure trove and get all kinds of money!! LOL!!!
I never thought to have my brother retrieve the papers before he and his wife moved out a few years ago... UNTIL the OP put this up, thanks a lot OP!! Now I am depressed!!!

Someone asked why the Army Air Force was changed to the United States Air Force, being ex-USAF I know this, it was in the works since the war, the AAF and the US Army was so independent by the beginning of the war because it was growing so rapidly it was a natural transition to make it separate.
edit on 15-2-2013 by wulff because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Catalyst317
 


That is a really cool find and I would have had to buy it too! It's funny because if you read that
paper the people who saw it do not sound like they saw a balloon.



posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Everyone is way behind. Our Government is already experimenting on us like we are lab rats. Only Yeshua can save us.



posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by greyer
 


Montana, I've been there, a nice state. Still not certain this video is there



posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Interesting! Thank you for sharing!



posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
It`s no secret, and they admitted, that they took the crashed "weather balloon" to wright patterson AFB in ohio. The thing that seems suspicous to me about that is, did they always take all their crashed weather balloons to wright patterson AFB? If not then why did they feel the need to take this "weather balloon" there?
Why would they put a crashed "weather balloon" on a plane in New mexico and fly it all the way to an AFB in ohio?
It sounds fishy, they aren`t fooling me.


GOOD point eh!!!!

What was this some radioactive crazy criminal air balloon.... wth???

Your point is undeniable, and anyone with half a brain reading your post would see the logic,

I feel dumb for not seeing it that way earlier,,,lol

I like the way you think.



posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Very awesome!



posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I gave this a flag, just finding the original newspaper is amazing. Plus that newspaper is basically the foundation of the whole story. Which to me is truly legit. I can't understand why there is debunkers. because just from the funeral director's testimony alone is enough to have broken the case wide open. That guy seemed totally conservative about his being contacted to find little caskets etc. His contact with the nurse and how she freaked out because of the shock of seeing the little beings. Such a break through case, though I'm mainly interested in the Lonnie Zamora case and Gary Wilcox how they are a different race (martians) (possibly chinese origin).

I think from most of the accounts these beings were robotic greys and not martians. Because the beings that were spotted in both Lonnie's case and Gary's incredible testimony were dressed in white type suits from head to toe. Not bug eyed tight fitting outfits. Gary stated the suites were loose at the elbows.

My claim is that the martians are the ones that are making the public showings (phoenix lights, contacting Gary Wilcox etc. because they are related to earthlings

To me the crash at Rosewell is from a distant stars system. When reading Gary Wilcox testimony the two beings that contacted and talked to Gary stated they come every two years from mars. To me the greys are biological and the can travel greater distances.

Just thinking out loud of the iMPORTANT of the 1964 sightings Gary Wilcox Lonnie Zamora and Donald Shrum are SO different in dress and appearance to the Rosewell Crash victims.



posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Um...what is the actual POINT of this thread anyway? So someone found a newspaper from Roswell....so what?? We have all seen this paper. The posters paper isnt different from any other from that day. It offers no new information. In fact, the reason this thread is on the front page is mind-boggling. More concerning is why this topic isnt in Chit Chat or Skunk Works where it belongs.

That how this forum works? Someone can just repost a newspaper they bought and everyone stars/flags....FOR WHAT!?

Pfft, if I could take away a star and flag I would cuz this is just nonsense. Only my opinion and since I wont be revisiting this non-thread again, your comments on my reply will be wasted.

Figured I'd mention that ebay has 112 of the exact same paper available at the buy it now price of $45...or less.

The paper is not rare at all...sorry to piss in ur cornflakes OP.
edit on 16-2-2013 by CaptainOblivious because: (no reason given)
edit on 16-2-2013 by CaptainOblivious because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainOblivious
Um...what is the actual POINT of this thread anyway? So someone found a newspaper from Roswell....so what?? We have all seen this paper. The posters paper isnt different from any other from that day. It offers no new information. In fact, the reason this thread is on the front page is mind-boggling. More concerning is why this topic isnt in Chit Chat or Skunk Works where it belongs.

That how this forum works? Someone can just repost a newspaper they bought and everyone stars/flags....FOR WHAT!?

Pfft, if I could take away a star and flag I would cuz this is just nonsense. Only my opinion and since I wont be revisiting this non-thread again, your comments on my reply will be wasted.

Figured I'd mention that ebay has 112 of the exact same paper available at the buy it now price of $45...or less.

The paper is not rare at all...sorry to piss in ur cornflakes OP.
edit on 16-2-2013 by CaptainOblivious because: (no reason given)
edit on 16-2-2013 by CaptainOblivious because: (no reason given)


The point is that we get to read the entire article not just the headline.
Also, there are other newspapers with similar headlines.
It looks like we had more visitors July 28, 1952.




posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by thetiler
I gave this a flag, just finding the original newspaper is amazing. Plus that newspaper is basically the foundation of the whole story. Which to me is truly legit. I can't understand why there is debunkers. because just from the funeral director's testimony alone is enough to have broken the case wide open. That guy seemed totally conservative about his being contacted to find little caskets etc. His contact with the nurse and how she freaked out because of the shock of seeing the little beings. Such a break through case, though I'm mainly interested in the Lonnie Zamora case and Gary Wilcox how they are a different race (martians) (possibly chinese origin).

I think from most of the accounts these beings were robotic greys and not martians. Because the beings that were spotted in both Lonnie's case and Gary's incredible testimony were dressed in white type suits from head to toe. Not bug eyed tight fitting outfits. Gary stated the suites were loose at the elbows.

My claim is that the martians are the ones that are making the public showings (phoenix lights, contacting Gary Wilcox etc. because they are related to earthlings

To me the crash at Rosewell is from a distant stars system. When reading Gary Wilcox testimony the two beings that contacted and talked to Gary stated they come every two years from mars. To me the greys are biological and the can travel greater distances.

Just thinking out loud of the iMPORTANT of the 1964 sightings Gary Wilcox Lonnie Zamora and Donald Shrum are SO different in dress and appearance to the Rosewell Crash victims.


Distant Star System?
Correct. They are from the Betelgeuse Star System in the Orion Constellation.
They Greys travel great distances in Beamships.



posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213

Originally posted by MrSuave
Put your image through google and found this: ramanan50.wordpress.com...

looks like someone already stole your images LOL


Wow if that's not the OP'ers Blog..., that's one of the quickest thefts, and catches I've ever seen.

Nice Job.


But on to the original topic, that was an awesome read, I've never gotten to read the actual article, only the headline. I would love for someone to get a hold of the paper that came out the next day retracting the statements (the one with the guy holding the tinfoil in the pic. LOL. I'd like to read that article too.

great stuff.


That is not my blog and that's crazy on how quickly someone copies my images and uses them in his own blog. I have the pics on my phone and can email them to anyone if they would like. Not that I mind at all. I'm surprised he didn't use the rest of my pics of the whole article in his blog.

As for everyone rambling on about the value and authenticity, I didn't buy it because it may or may not have value. I bought it because it was a neat piece of American History and is eye catching in my man cave.

As for the authenticity, to me it seems original as the paper is very fragile as I would expect a 60 year old newspaper to be. As far as I know, reproductions use whiter and sturdier paper and the print is free from printing errors (all letters are solid). Although, I am no expert, it just seems to be original. Either way, It's a nice piece and one of the coolest finds I have found at a thrift store.



posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Wait lol...you say it is important because now, you can read the entire article and not just the headline.

Since when has anyone NOT been able to read the entire article? Has the paper been classified for the last 65 years or something? Nope...a simple Google search brings 119 MILLION returns on just that paper with the entire article right there. Heck, anyone can read the entire damned paper for that day...and EVERY day thereafter on the library of congress website.

I dunno...I guess my screen name fits because I am totally oblivious as to what the big yank is and why this non-issue appears on the front page of ATS where it definitely does not belong.



posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainOblivious
Wait lol...you say it is important because now, you can read the entire article and not just the headline.

Since when has anyone NOT been able to read the entire article? Has the paper been classified for the last 65 years or something? Nope...a simple Google search brings 119 MILLION returns on just that paper with the entire article right there. Heck, anyone can read the entire damned paper for that day...and EVERY day thereafter on the library of congress website.

I dunno...I guess my screen name fits because I am totally oblivious as to what the big yank is and why this non-issue appears on the front page of ATS where it definitely does not belong.


I see you just registered here at ATS 2 days ago?
Hmmmm.....

You should know that a recent poll here on ATS revealed that about 70% of the members
believe " They're Here ! "
We are all just curious. Who is flying around in these scout class spacecraft?
What and where exactly was this debris field on the Brazel Ranch?

According to a book called Alien Interview it's a group of ETs who call themselves
the Etherians and they belong to an organization called The Domain Expeditionary Force.

They were curious about the atomic bombs we were setting off in New Mexico during the
1940s. The Orion Empire is based in the Betelgeuse Star System.



posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainOblivious
 


You are replying to two different threads in your post. Please clarify your stance. The OP was of what I found in a thrift store, not some ground breaking info. However, to some, this is an article that they have not seen before and they are intrigued about it.

I for one have done some research upon finding this and have opened up new possibilities I did not know were there before. Maybe you should look at this as another post to open people up to discoveries and not a "let me look down on people and be an ass because they didn't know".

Take your self-righteous rant somewhere else.



posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catalyst317
reply to post by Klassified
 


It cost me $24.99 + tax (Uncle Obama made sure he got his cut too)
edit on 14-2-2013 by Catalyst317 because: (no reason given)



HuH? As far as I know Obama is not collecting any sales tax and neither is Uncle Sam. You paid the city and the state where you purchased this but not the country. Not so LOL now is it.

On the other hand GREAT FIND ! I frequent thrift stores and second hand stores too. My passion is blue and white pottery, dishes and stuff like that. I have quite a collection.
edit on 16-2-2013 by karen61560 because: (no reason given)





new topics

top topics



 
86
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

log in

join