It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1947 Roswell Newspaper I found

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Catalyst317

Nice find, Two Thumbs Waaay Up for Catalyst317!!! Years ago when Walter Haut was President of the Roswell Museum, he autograph 10 copies of that front page newspaper that they were selling at the Museum, still have three left, gave most away to family & friends for Christmas!! Mr. Haut was such a cool person, I was so happy he did that for me! Still after all these years it still a Great Story!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

And those tax dollars will be used to provide disinformation and perpetuate the "denial agenda."

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
What a great find! You have given us all hope now in finding that "Treasure" we always look for...
One thing I don't get about the story, I had read farmers in that area were paid to bring in any weather balloon's with instruments if found on their farmland to the B-29 base. No big deal, everyone knew what thy were and looked like. Why all the chaos and misidentification, along with sending it away? Makes no sense. Whatever it was, it was not a weather balloon. UFO, maybe a secret project going bad...
edit on 15-2-2013 by lyingunderoath because: addition

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Congrats on a great find. I would have shelled out that money in a heartbeat as well.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Amazing find.

I would LOVE to own this newspaper.

...wait, I just noticed that you said you bought it for $25! From where?
edit on 15-2-2013 by Mikey923 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
WOW... What a find. My wife & I have relatives that make their living off of antiques & flea markets. I can only imagine what they'd do if they came across a find like this. It is a genuine piece of Americana as well as a priceless item in the history of UFO phenomenon.

Like many others, I read the firsthand account with interest. I've never seen it before. Usually, Jesse Marcel dominates the subject. Having the impressions of witnesses who had no reason to stretch the truth is invaluable.

I grew up on a small farm in Southern Indiana that is line of sight from another farm that would be the location of a UFO sighting that warranted a visit by both Blue Book and NICAP and eventually was put in the small percentage of "unexplainable" investigations.

Because of what I saw our neighbors put through, I have made the decision not to risk saying much publicly of what my family has experienced until after my mother passes away (dad is deceased).

One incident that I have put out there took place one afternoon while my parents were back in the woods keeping an eye on a cow experiencing problems in labor. There is a small stream that skirts the western edge of the woods and runs roughly SW to NE.

My mother was the first to notice something was strange. There was an intense buzzing that was gradually getting worse. (Impressions are funny things. We know what we feel but putting it into words that someone else can relate to can be difficult.) Moments later they became aware of an object she described as round and somewhere between the size of a grapefruit and a basketball. The color was silver if you take into account that it was so bright that you couldn't actually look straight at it for long just as you can't at the sun. It was following the stream although there was no wind and bobbed like a soap bubble.

The buzzing when it was at its closest was enough that it made their fillings in their teeth hurt.

After traveling almost to the N edge of our barn lot, it suddenly shot off into the West at a steep angle and disappeared from sight in seconds.

WTH was it?? I don't know and they didn't either. I, personally, believe in using the term in the classic sense. It was a UFO. Other than that, I wouldn't hazard a guess.

It is always a pleasure to get to read the unvarnished accounts of UFO witnesses before "journalists" have had their way with them....

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CornShucker

It looks like 1 ET survived the crash near Roswell, NM in July 1947.
Her name was Airl.
They had to teach her how to speak English.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Cool find. It's most likely not an original because that would be extremely rare and valuable. Most likely a reproduction of the paper. They sell these on ebay and other places for about $25. You should have it checked out to see if it's genuine.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
How in the world the government can expect people to believe it was a weather balloon when there's a newspaper article full of credible witnesses saying otherwise, along with the Air Force? I'm about 99.9999% sure they wouldn't have said they recovered a flying saucer unless they actually had recovered a. . . Flying Saucer!

And how cool it was to read the Roswell resident's description of a saucer shaped object flying through the night sky- coincidentally on the same night a flying saucer crashes! Actually reading it from the newspaper itself kind of transported me back in time, imagining what it must have been like. Can you imagine what the residents of Roswell were thinking reading this in their paper? Outrageous!

This is why I came to ATS! Awesome! Totally Awesome!
edit on 15-2-2013 by chrome413 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geetface

And those tax dollars will be used to provide disinformation and perpetuate the "denial agenda."

Yeah, but they can't hide it forever. Sooner or later someone's going to let the cat out of the bag. Maybe even the aliens themselves!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catalyst317
reply to post by Klassified

It cost me $24.99 + tax (Uncle Obama made sure he got his cut too)

edit on 14-2-2013 by Catalyst317 because: (no reason given)

Local and state sales tax has nothing to do with the federal government or the sitting President. I'll assume that was in jest.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrome413
How in the world the government can expect people to believe it was a weather balloon when there's a newspaper article full of credible witnesses saying otherwise, along with the Air Force? I'm about 99.9999% sure they wouldn't have said they recovered a flying saucer unless they actually had recovered a. . . Flying Saucer!

Oh that's an easy one .. repeat over tens of years that it was a weather balloon, let the witness die off, stop commenting on the fact that some old paper had a "saucer" statement all those years ago, let people forget the actual event, make a few movies about it and Hollywood-ise it and viola, You have changed history

Disclaimer: Not saying it had to be UFO (it was something other than a weather balloon in my opinion , just not 100% sure it was extraterrestrial ) but If I wanted to change an event over the course of time, that is what I would have done

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
Hey, that's cool. How deep did they hit your pocket book?

Seriously, I like some of those other headlines. They could be in any newspaper today. Interesting how some things never change.

House passes tax slash by large margin
Security council paves way to talks on arms reductions

and my favorite...
Air Force General Says Army Not Doing Experiments

Of course they aren't.

edit on 2/14/2013 by Klassified because: tags

Except maybe the house passing a tax break ( or anything for that matter) article.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
My husband and I have been to Roswell a couple of times. Replicas of the newspaper are readily available and cheap. I bought one for a UFO friend. Also if you get a chance to visit Roswell, go the museum and listen to the original radio broadcast of the crash. It's stunning to hear.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catalyst317
reply to post by Klassified

It cost me $24.99 + tax (Uncle Obama made sure he got his cut too)

edit on 14-2-2013 by Catalyst317 because: (no reason given)

I had to leave for a while so I just read your reply above.
Could not help but wonder if you would be willing to sell this item for enough to get your money back. I'll pay the shipping.

Mostly teasing. I would like to get hole of something like this to put with some other things which I have collected. If I owned it , it would not be for sale.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
What you should do OP is to get some high quality copies made and frame them yourself, then sell them to UFO nut jobs - you'd make a killing.

A fake autograph of Jesse whojah would be sure to add to the value - I can help with fake autographs if required.

Abraham Lincoln is my specialty

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Its obvious for the majority of people that they swallowed their own disclosure .. And that they never gonna tell the truth to the people ,never...

Just like the Kennedy files an many more! What they do is back-engineer everything and than tell us what they are capable of. Things like advanced technology we see today is a side product from all the retrieve stuff that have been done,

So one day you will see flying saucers over every city. But made by our own corporations and there will be no soul who would stand against this . Because nobody will listen for we all then have the beneficial of these technologies .

Happy end after all.....

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Quite a startling find you got there! Don't let it out of your sight, before to long it will be more a piece of history than anyone realizes!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Put your image through google and found this: ramanan50.wordpress.com...

looks like someone already stole your images LOL

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebelv
reply to post by whyamIhere

I agree, nice find. They said what they said, and the newspapers printed it. They tried
to retract they're statement, but unfortunately, Once its been printed its been printed.

Rebel 5

edit on 14-2-2013 by rebelv because: Syntax

^^^THIS. I think that the whole mood of America at this time was so different from today, that it is hard to put ourselves in the time period we're talking about. The secrecy did not exist then on the same level that it does now, and I can totally buy that an officer told what happened, and gave the truth. People were more honest back then on average anyway. I am willing to bet that that person expected the air force to tell the public about it anyway, and since nothing like this had ever happened before, there was no secrecy procedure in place. This was just after WWII remember, and alien spacecraft were the farthest thing from the military's mind at that time. The Soviets were much more important, lol.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join