It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moderators Are People Too. (and they have opinions)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I rarely have any issues with the moderators or site admin. In fact most of the time I have found these people to be great fun loving individuals that really enjoy a good joke.

If you remember that they are primaraly members first and don't do anything to where they HAVE to get involved you can see that they just want to be a part of the crowd as well.

Theres also the bonus that if a good thread comes along and some moderators are able to post in it the thread also seems to do better. I would be willing to bet they would rather participate on the board than to moderate it.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Recent DNA and other tests reconfirm that all* staff are still mammalian and human & have no inhuman or non mammal traits or features. Genetic manipulation and or EBE or ET seeding has not influenced or infiltrated our cadre.

Simon's strict code enforced by Sr Admin hasn't faltered. Even though some times we do, because after all we are still human, and prone to discrepancies. Working together as a team, and keeping each other in check, such occurances should be far and few between.

Thank you for reading this Public Service Announcement, I now return you to your regularly scheduled ATSer travels.

All staff also refers to and includes Mirthful Me, our solo genius "Simian" who has been or should be said, has adopted the entire staff of ATS.

[edit for clarifying and correcting my odd gramatical sequences]

[edit on 2-11-2008 by ADVISOR]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

You sure about that??

I was almost positive that MemoryShock was kind of squirrely.....

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

I always kind of figured the indoctrination process for mods went something like the "treatments" in a Clockwork Orange...

[edit on 2-11-2008 by nj2day]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Yes, how ever;
MemoryShock may or may not have under gone severe and extreame influences from MKULTRA. I can not confirm nor deny that.

He has passed the genetic testing, and meets or exeeds the requirements for quality control.

Let me reassure all members that every staff member does adhere to OSHA, FDA and purity codes.

Again, I can not confirm nor deny any activity of MKULTRA upon staff.

Thank you, thank you no more questions.
*Walks away from podium, and leaves press office*

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Again, I can not confirm nor deny any activity of MKULTRA upon staff.

I have also noticed that an unusually large percentage of the staff exhibit evidence of being susceptible to external influences affecting neural pathway formation and behaviour, to a much greater extent than the general public.

You might want to look into that.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by Ian McLean]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Quite honestly this thread is more true now than it has been in the past, at least from my perspective, I mean, look at all these people disrespecting the staff as of late. People crying "censorship" and the what not, even people going as far as to publicly state they're going somewhere else, as if they stand a chance gaining the respect the community here has.

I don't believe I'm being one sided when I say that either. ATS, and it's staff have gained quite a lot of respect from a good number of people, unfortunately it's those people who are new to the game don't have the know about to show respect in return, and thus we have conflicts similar to what have arose lately. I suppose it also has to come with the terms of getting larger, I'm sure many large and astute communities have had the same growing pains over the years.

The sad thing is that it does feel like it's affected the discussion here for the worse, these "pesty" members. It might just be me...but I remember the good ole days when ATS just always smelt of conspiracy, now it's more of the hoax killer site and what not, and at the same time, full of some of the most "too open" minded people on the net it seems. Again, it might just be me, and might also be my lack of therough browsing lately.

Still remains though, ATS mods do a thankless job, and it really does sadden me that there are so many users who seem to have a problem with them, and feel a need to draw attention to themselves.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Recent DNA and other tests reconfirm that all* staff are still mammalian and human & have no inhuman or non mammal traits or features. Genetic manipulation and or EBE or ET seeding has not influenced or infiltrated our cadre.

What about those few who were "unavailable" that day? Did they get tested too? How do we know? Personally, those guys were who I had pegged as lizzies anyhow...

Did they have a cut behind the ear like we did? So we could see?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

With new transparency of regulations and oversight, I assure you those who were absent for testing have had mitochondria extraction from sub-atomic nano manipulators. As I have seen from our research dept scholars.

All tests are available to staff with "Sierra Mike" designators or higher.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
What you have to do though is wait till the really opinionated and religious staff members post in a thread... then you can mock their beliefs all you want without them being able to edit it out of the thread... well of course they'll go get the other religious buddy mod to do it.. but atleast you get to have some fun while they call for help.

Its sad really how many mods here will edit stuff out that mocks an idea or a belief when it has nothing to do with the person. But the believers will always take it personaly because your basicly killing them.

Of course this site is going to attract deluded people... and if you didnt let them become mods then it would be suspicious so theres nothing more you can do than take every opportunity to grind away at their pitifull religious delusions and get them to show their ignorance as they childishly protect such a stupid belief.

Soon we will all get to see it washed away and those who are left out in the cold without their warm religious blankets will quickly die. mark my words.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

I have had a few incidents where certain issues with a few Mods in the past but it wasn’t discussed here on ATS but in skype ..

I have recently noticed the rules or T&C for excessive use of Quotes has been a issue with only a select Few. And it really has Ticked me off. I recently had points taken away , Yet there are tons of threads out there with many excessive quotes.

In my situation within the same exact thread there was a post that contained quotes almost half way the entire page .. Ahh …but this seemed to go unnoticed

So my point being is in the end result Moderator must have had the glasses off because seriously nothing was ever done for excessive use of Quotes in that post ,, And I'm not the only one who has those same thoughts on this same issue .. is it fair?? IMO NO …yeah right .. that’s how it goes some seem to skate right on bye and some don’t… word of caution don’t even use the Quotes IMHO
It’s not worth the hassle.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

meh. i keep seeing mods move crap around and sensor posts they don't understand. they don't seem to bother looking up info before they do so. how many mods are here? maybe too many...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by twitchy
Mod's sometimes need to learn to sit back and relax,

You've missed the whole point.

The point is that the staff of this board also get heated on some of our topics, and desire to engage in debate just as much (or more so) than our members.

Members sometimes need to learn to sit back and relax when moderators have opinions too.

I have been a member for about a month now. I am very grateful for ATS. I am going through a very difficult time in my life and being a member of ATS really helps. What a wonderful treasure trove of information and debate!

I didn't know that moderators participating in discussions was annoying to some....I for one welcome their participation on any topic. I trust that when they do....they are not wearing their moderator hat...but their participation hat.
edit on 27-5-2011 by caladonea because: correct misspelled word

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
I didn't know that moderators participating in discussions was annoying to some....I for one welcome their participation on any topic. I trust that when they do....they are not wearing their moderator hat...but their participation hat.

Being one of the more opinionated staffers here, you're right. I post as a member, not a mod. That's doesn't stop some from getting their ass in the air though. I don't know how many times I've said something that someone disagreed with and they throw out, "This guy is a moderator"? Guess what guys. It's not part of the T&C that we have to agree with you.

Wertdag, sorry but you are WAY off the mark here. Take it from an agnostic mod. Yup, we've got those. Atheists too. Your supposition is biased and inaccurate.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Don't you just hate it when your opinion is just completely trashed and you are belittled, like that?

Happened to me numerous times as a member and a mod... Just have to roll with the punches.... Then speak up a little louder so those ignoring opinions or calling names, unfairly, can finally hear you ( staying within the T&C of course.
)

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join