It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moderators Are People Too. (and they have opinions)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I have responded to this post and all clearly know my opinion of what happened.

I am a believer in Democracy, and as such majority rule.

It seems that the vast majority of people thought this "holiday fun" was just that fun.

In the vain of the up coming elections, I will now go silent and accept the majority opinion of this as a fun and interesting way of celebrating the holiday.

Please forgive any word/thoughts or comments that may have offended anyone involved or who read my posts on this subject.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I dislike red tape. To give too many rules to moderators MORE than what regular members have to abide by would tie up their hands and NOTHING would ever get done in the direction of MODERATING. In all honesty, I'd like to see moderators have less rules to fight with than they already do, IRRELEVANT of how mods could abuse those rules.

Remember, sometimes opinions, whether they follow what you think is logic or not is NEEDED because logic is often hindered by the "social norm". Think about it, what's the diffrence in views on gay rights NOW as they were only 50 years back? both sides had "facts" then and now, but you see there's a big shift in what people believe is "factual." Ex: WITHOUT ARGUING which side is right: look at the opinions and evidence offered on the evolution vs. creation debates. There's no way in hell that either the logic or the evidence on either side is going to stop the debating....especially since this is a 200+ year old debate. Mods better be able to post their opinions in such a thread, should be able to start such threads, and when people get too personal (as what happens in such debates, even between the most rational of people, since it touches core beliefs of many) they should be able to bring the hyperemotional back into line. To leave ANYONE out of the debate leaves either side(s) with one less defender, specifically an experienced debater, one who has been here for some time, who knows exactly what to push, and when to shut up. It is more dangerous to put too many restrictions on mods, especially when other mods can see when a fellow mod may need to be told off,

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I could name a few mods who are really great. And others who have never hesitated to bash a country or in some cases another member. I agree with the person who said that it is not whether the mod adds their thoughts to the debate that matters, but the tone and intent of their posts which irritate and intimidate others. If you are new here and have a mod come down on you or your country aggressively, it does nothing for promoting community here. And as you all know ATS is nothing without it's community, who are people too.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
There's proof here that mod's are people too, and they have a sense of humour just like the rest of us

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
i've been in the modcaves, where they perform their sacrifices. formerly arrogant newbies are ground into pulp with the ceremonial ban hammer.
mods AREN'T HUMAN! they're shapeshifting squirrels, collecting nuts, i SWEAR! i saw it when i was astral projecting into a remote view psyball state. there they all were, crowding around skeptic's seventeen inch(WOW!) powerbook screen, pointing and laughing at old THENEO, and Freemason posts, while they slowly chewed on the nutty flavoured brains of said former members.
i KNOW they've got their beady little squirrel eyes trained on my deliciously nutty macedamia melon. if i get banned, listen for crunching sounds with your third ear.

IT'S A CONSPIRACY, I TELLS YA!!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
If you will look right here...

!FLASH!

Billybob doesn't have a clue, mods are not shapeshifters with bushy tails,
this and the above post do not exist, you are all decent citizens who contribute to ATS.

And then at the party, OH MAN, what hoot...

*Walks away, while sliding shades off.*

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
If I could shapeshift do you think I would be in THIS body?

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Advisor, I am really quite concerned about you. You seem to be flashing people a lot these days. The police take a dim view of this, so I would advise you only flash in the privacy of your own dwelling.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   

There's proof here that mod's are people too, and they have a sense of humour just like the rest of us

the thread did kinda get a little hijacked lol...

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I want to say the mods here are doing a great job, I mean it looks like you guys have really cut out the "stupid" threads that get repeated over and over....

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Not complaining really, it's just I have seen certain mods...how shall I say this "Walk the Line" between Strong Opinion and an Overt Attack(sometimes crossing it). Not going to name names here but it crops up from time to time when discussion gets heated.

Overall though
to the mods/supermods/admins. Doing a great job dispite the torrid growth rate.

Personally I would love it if more Mods/Admins were to participate in dicussions more often(You too SO
)

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
If I could shapeshift do you think I would be in THIS body?

Westley is facing off with Vizzini to save the princess. Westley has put poison in one of two goblets; Vizzini is to choose and they both will drink. Vizzini rambles on about how he can "clearly not choose" either glass. At one point he gets distracted and says, "Where was I?" He had been discussing the poison's country of origin and Westley replies, a bit bored, "Australia."

Wesley: "You guessed wrong."
Vizzini: "You only THINK I guessed wrong! That's what's so funny! I switched glasses while your back was turned! Ha ha! You fool! You fell for one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha -" (Vizzini drops dead.)

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
*Walks away, while sliding shades off.*

*BLINK*

yeah. good party......
all of a sudden i feel a need to post valuable contributions to ATS. good party!
party on, nothing to see here.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 01:01 AM
link   
The mods do a great job and I love reading their opinions just as much as anyones elses, maybe more so because i know they have been around a long time here. Anyhow hears to all the diferent mods and all the mod differences.

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   
The key word in "Moderators have an opinion" is an. As in one, uno, ein, une. The number is one. no greater or lesser than any other single opinion.

In democracy this is one adult person, one vote.

What about when a moderator trashes a thread you start and when you u2u them to find out why and they never answer? In this particular case i don't think the thread fit well with their political mindset.

Those to whom greater powers are given should be answerable to their actions. Otherwise the system becomes a tyranny of moderators.

Truth doesn't recognise status, respect or acceptability. Those are social charaterististics. If that is what anyone here is trying to gain they are diverting things from the fine edged seeking of truth.

If one is looking for prestige is that really anything to do with truth?
If one is looking for acceptability, personal or of an idea, is that anything to do with the truth?

Real truth doesn't need anyone to be 'won' into agreeing with it.
That is sociology and politics.

Truth doesn't have to be expressed or even comprehended.

Truth is truth whether it is spray painted graffiti on an alley wall, and falsehoods are still false if they are carved in marble and embossed with gold leaf lettering.

Truth does not require anyone to believe it.

The intelligent mind tries to mold one's beliefs to fit the truth one understands.

Truth doesn't need humanity.
Humanity needs truth.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
*bumpty bump bump*

seekerof

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
And this is the good thing about ATS, yes they have opinions, yes they make mistakes. But there are many mods, there are many super-mods, etc, they are all kept in check by one another so that nothing "bad" can ever trully happen.

(Except for Seeker, who is power-hungry and beats me. :| )

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
The mods are on a mission to deny ignorance, sometimes they forget that they will expose their own along the way.

Which to me proves they are at least human.

ESP

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
(Except for Seeker, who is power-hungry and beats me. :| )

This is So true, NOT.

I had an oops today due to pixel imaging. Who was at fault? ME, it happens, we're human, we make mistakes. But we get bashed, like we're omnipotent, omniscient. We're not!

Guess what, I asked forgiveness and the member gave it. But it was MY mistake,

Don't look for one if you're being a tool.

posted on Jul, 11 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Here I am, one of the newest mods.
I can tell you I'm the same human I was before I became a mod.

Well, except now I have access to the ATS copy of the Secrets of the Universe.**

**just kidding

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join