posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:28 PM
But the real-life case sounds like a metal allergy or exposure to radiation.
Since he recovered pretty quickly, it's most likely it's just an allergy. (Read on how some people react to stuff like nickel when they get sweaty
or such. Some other metals can likely cause the same reaction as well.) Some heavy metals exhibit toxicity from exposure without allergic sensitivity
playing any role.
If it was radiation, he'd take a longer time to recover and burns would be more penetrating. Then he'd have to worry about cancer in the longer
But I guess it goes to show, if you don't know what you're handling - you likely don't want to touch it. Alien infection or not.