It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yukon Miner Claims Infection by an ‘Extraterrestrial Life Form’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
You read it right , Yukon Miner Daniel Sabo found a meteorite 1986 , after moving to Arizona he decided to sell it and noticed it had grown a green crust which he believed to be an extraterrestrial life form , long story short it infected him and made him mightily scared .

Mr Sabo claimed that he'd given the meteorite to the Geological Survey of Canada for tests but when he asked for it to be returned the green growth had gone and the returned meteorite was a replica

The National Post reports that this resulted in “an epic court battle that featured dramatic claims about a devious geologist, extraterrestrial life, government conspiracy and the black market in space rocks.”

As the Court of Appeal for Yukon put it in their new ruling, “There is no dispute that the ‘meteorite’ did develop a green colouration. The only material dispute about the green colouration is whether its origin was extraterrestrial, as Mr. Sabo contended, or terrestrial.

“Something was going on,” Mr. Sabo said. At first he thought it was lint from the felt bag, but then he looked closer and something seemed to be leaching out.
Then, as he drove home with it, sometimes balancing it in the crook of his elbow, he developed a terrible rash up and down his arm. He believed he had been infected by some extraterrestrial life form, and was mightily scared.
news.nationalpost.com... covered/

Luckily the rash subsided and Mr Sabo was awarded $1,000 and the missing piece of his meteorite , of course he'll always have that fear that at any moment something nasty could come bursting out of his chest

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Nah brah, it was the Blob.

It came from outer space hidden in a harmless looking meteorite. And then...

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Reminds of the short story from the movie "Creepshow II" where Steven King turns into a weed after touching a meteorite that fell at his farmhouse.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Interesting! well at least he didn't get very ill it seems, a little rash could have been anything really. Still there have been past episodes of colored stuff that could have come from space, I don't see why not.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Creepshow

"The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verrill"

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by eManym
Reminds of the short story from the movie "Creepshow II" where Steven King turns into a weed after touching a meteorite that fell at his farmhouse.

Ha Ha that's what I was thinking
"Meteor sh!t" I think he called it.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
But the real-life case sounds like a metal allergy or exposure to radiation.

Since he recovered pretty quickly, it's most likely it's just an allergy. (Read on how some people react to stuff like nickel when they get sweaty or such. Some other metals can likely cause the same reaction as well.) Some heavy metals exhibit toxicity from exposure without allergic sensitivity playing any role.

If it was radiation, he'd take a longer time to recover and burns would be more penetrating. Then he'd have to worry about cancer in the longer term.

But I guess it goes to show, if you don't know what you're handling - you likely don't want to touch it. Alien infection or not.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

edit on 14-2-2013 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Nice little story.
Good for him he didn't put it on his lap while driving.
Wife:"Yeah right, meteorite my #$$"

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I was going to post the "Meteor Sh%t!" clip, but I'm happy to see someone beat me to it.

top topics

join