It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boxer Introduces Carbon Tax Bill 3 Months After WH Promised 'We Would Never Propose' One

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This is the Legislative Branch not the Executive Branch, besides it won't pass unless it benefits corporations somehow.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
This is the Legislative Branch not the Executive Branch, besides it won't pass unless it benefits corporations somehow.

You know it does benefit green corporations since the other "fossil fuel" coporations will be put out of business.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

No they won't be put out of business. The Climate Change/green energy debate is currently controlled by Right Wing think tanks. I guess you missed the part of the SOTU where Obama talked about drilling and incentives for switching to natural gas.
edit on 14-2-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

Obama still has a second term to complete (if he's lucky) to match up to his two predecessors. You know The two guys with big numbers after two terms. Obama is now at 148 as of his latest Cyber Security Order which if unchallenged by Congress becomes law after 30 days. At this pace he'll top that evil no good Bush... The pace always picks up toward the end of the Lame Duck term.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

No they won't be put out of business. The Climate Change/green energy debate is currently controlled by Right Wing think tanks. I guess you missed the part of the SOTU where Obama talked about drilling and incentives for switching to natural gas.

Yes they will. the climate change debate is being controlled by the left, I guess some people missed the fact that the keystone pipeline is deader than a dodo bird.

Incentives for oil and gas?

Yeah the more they produce the more they get to tax as in carbon tax ,a and it will end up putting more people out of work and forcing them offshore.

edit on 14-2-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

If the debate was being controlled by the Left, there wouldn't be debate. Science is clear on the issue, humans are impacting climate via carbon and other emissions. Our Policies are not reflective of that scientific knowledge, they are reflective of a society in denial and lip service to those that aren't.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

If the debate was being controlled by the Left, there wouldn't be debate.

Argue with Archie

If

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

What do Democrats have to do with the Left?
For that matter what does a fictional character have to do with anything?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

What do Democrats have to do with the Left?
For that matter what does a fictional character have to do with anything?

Everything what party is Boxers currently a member of?

What party is the current potus a member of?

What party constantly cries global warming we need to tax the air as per what the carbon tax is that will make everything in this country more expensive, all the climate legislation thus far has led to higher prices across the board from food to other products.

That so called fictional character is not so fictional for anyone paying attention to current events.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Timeline of major U.S. environmental and occupational health regulation (wiki)

This is the last piece of environmental legislation passed...2005 (wiki)

Everything what party is Boxers currently a member of?
What party is the current potus a member of?

Democrat, which aren't Left, they're center.

What party constantly cries global warming we need to tax the air as per what the carbon tax is that will make everything in this country more expensive, all the climate legislation thus far has led to higher prices across the board from food to other products.

One party talks about global warming regularly, The Green Party of whom I see none of in Congress. There's not really a significant number of members of Congress proposing carbon taxes.

ETA: Woops, my bad 3 amendments have been made to existing laws since 2005 and 3 bills being proposed one of which is a bill proposing that carbon not be regulated until China and Russia regulate carbon.
OpenCongress.org

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Unlike other carbon tax proposals, the Sanders-Boxer measure would return 60 percent of collected revenues to consumers instead of filling government coffers. In doing so it would take a cue from a program in Alaska that provides a monthly dividend payment to residents from oil revenues.

Reuters

Hmm that's pretty interesting, most of the taxes would come to us not go to the government. I'd love to this bill graphed out, though I think it has zero chance of passing.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Unlike other carbon tax proposals, the Sanders-Boxer measure would return 60 percent of collected revenues to consumers instead of filling government coffers. In doing so it would take a cue from a program in Alaska that provides a monthly dividend payment to residents from oil revenues.

Reuters

Hmm that's pretty interesting, most of the taxes would come to us not go to the government. I'd love to this bill graphed out, though I think it has zero chance of passing.

I seriously doubt that assesment, but I haven't actually read it . . . The whole point of a carbon tax is to line gov coffers. The corps will be exempt and receive subsidies, just like ACA and so many others. The only people that will feel this is the citizen and small business owner . . . just another way steal the wealth of the nation.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

The elites - both dems and repubs - are scared to death. There is no more money - they'd try to get "tax money" out of foodstamps if they think they could. The US is imploding - they can't really print anymore useless dollars from the fed because China is acting up.

They're trying to tie the pipeline construction to passing a "carbon tax" - ridiculous. It's worked soooo well for Europe.

They're trying to confiscate guns because the emperor has no clothes - there's nothing left they can do. Even their dollars are going to be worthless and they're afraid of the angry citizens gunning them down.

It's about to be endgame for the elites. Watch the financial channels late at night and look at the european people just quaking in their loafers.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

That load of bull@$@ obozo was spouting in the state of the union, was sooooo telling. Increase in minimum wage? Pre-K for all 4 year-olds?

If you believe any of this crap, I have a load of swamp land for development.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

The rats are jumping off the obozo ship. Did anyone bother watching the congressional sessions interviewing Brennan and Hagel for head of the CIA and DOD chief? Niether one of them wanted to be there - Niether one of them want the jobs, they know it's ending, and sinking.

I'm guessing they owe some people for things they've gotten in the past - IT'S YOUR TURN TO SWEAT! They all know what has been going on in the past decades to lead this country to this default.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

That's why it won't pass, it targets Corporate polluters.
I think if the middle class were made to shoulder the burden there wouldn't be so much denial about climate change going on. Not that we should at all.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

You do understand how Congress, the Senate and the President's office work, don't you?

Some people complain that Obama is trying to take control and be sort of a "dictator", but then they ALSO complain when he doesn't control everything that happens in government.
You know you can't have it both ways, right?

The White House did NOT introduce this legislation. That's not how it works.
And it will not pass.

But it's a good reason to invent another good, old-fashioned blame-Obama-fest! Yeeeeee-Haaaaw! Boys!

edit on 2/15/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Thanks for covering what has already been discussed. I don't believe Boxer made this move totally on her own. Not one bit. She is just keeping Obama's nose clean. As usual.... Don't you know how the process works?

Going back on one's word and promises is common place in this administration and they have political lemmings and useful idiots to help them along there way... I'm sure it won't pass. So, why bother....? Are they just keeping their fingers crossed because they need the money?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Today, Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-CA) introduced a bill to levy a carbon tax. But, back on Nov. 15 of last year, Pres. Obama's press secretary promised the administration would "never" do so.

I am no political scientist, but I think I found the problem....Believe it or not...Sen. Boxer and President Obama are actually two completely different people...and not only that, but in two different branches of government! Amazing...I know, I know it's crazy!!...right...but that affords for the possibility of the "President" and his "administration" not introducing a bill, while the several hundred members of Congress can introduce any bill they like!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
On Feb 12. Boxer had this reaction to Obama's call to action on Climate change during his SOTU address. Try not to laugh about the Super Storm Sandy Comment.

“The President is right – we must do more to combat climate change, and Superstorm Sandy was a wake-up call. It is happening before our eyes, the science is clear, and we must act before it is too late. I am committed to working with my colleagues on a comprehensive solution, and I strongly support the President’s efforts to move forward with executive actions to address this serious threat.”

boxer.senate.gov...

Glad she's got Obama's back because she introduced her bill 2 days later. Don't forget that she is also Chairman of the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works.

edit on 18-2-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join