It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unnecessary Police Brutality Caught on Camera in Florida as Man Surrenders

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The comments on the Youtube video really tell you the times we are living in.

We have Police who cant be trusted, and politicians saying we should hand in our guns because the police will protect us. Sounds like a setup to me.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Way back when I took martial arts, we were taught to fight from the hands in the air position.

Usually it does mean surrender. I wonder what happened to the police?

Sounds like a very Honourable martial arts thing to do !!
Was that the same lesson you learnt how to gouge out people's eyes,
and bite their testicles off too?

(I think the police are here to protect us from the type of paranoid weirdos who frequent this website).
edit on 15-2-2013 by Baxta54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TorqueyThePig
reply to post by PsykoOps

What might happen is 100% relevant when you are in a profession where your life or others lives are on the line. It must be very easy to be a Monday morning quarterback.
edit on 15-2-2013 by TorqueyThePig because: changed text

Many people work in professions where lives are on the line. They don't get to go postal on someone "just because".

The public is tired of being beaten and shot. If you don't like it feel free to change professions.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The Police:

Protecting and serving the crap out of you.
edit on 15-2-2013 by SOLIDSNAKE101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
You guys know that cops are absolutely not allowed to punch with a closed fist right....

I'm just saying....

They can detain and restrain... Hell they can even football tackle you but inflicting blows upon and assailant is a no no.
edit on 15-2-2013 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
I've seen this many times...

Protecting yourself from violent attack becomes "resisting arrest."

This sums up the video right here.
He had his hands in the air in the beginning, then was thrown to the ground, and was trying to protecting himself from thugs beating him up.

Another case of bad cops escalating violence rather than defusing situations.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

It's perplexing why some red, white and blue "patriots" hate the ACLU.

The ACLU's ideology comes directly from the Constitution.

Cognitive dissonance hurts almost as much as police fists, batons and tasers.

Give money/support to the ACLU or equivalent.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

par for the course
unfortunately.

lesson learned - dont stop. you might as well get punished by the pavement after a crash while you're trying to escape than get a beatdown by 4 unethical cops after you wave the white flag.

or just hold a grenage with the pin out and as you get beat, and can no longer hold it, then the police department also gets to learn a lesson. (last resort)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
And that vid confirms why I can care less if a cop gets killed. Good or bad. Call me heartless and i'll call you ignorant.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by solizer
And that vid confirms why I can care less if a cop gets killed. Good or bad. Call me heartless and i'll call you ignorant.

It is the 1% that makes the name bad for law enforcers everywhere. Personally, I have a friend in the police and he is a good man with a loving wife and kids. He couldn't believe what he was seeing when I showed him this video.

The killing of any man is unacceptable in my eyes.

You are free to your opinion though, just remember not all of them are like the jerks on this video.
edit on 15-2-2013 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Whoops. Wrong thread.
edit on 15-2-2013 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by EL1A5

Originally posted by solizer

It is the 1% that makes the name bad for law enforcers everywhere. Personally, I have a friend in the police and he is a good man with a loving wife and kids. He couldn't believe what he was seeing when I showed him this video.

The killing of any man is unacceptable in my eyes.

You are free to your opinion though, just remember not all of them are like the jerks on this video.

I think your 1% number is very, very low. In fact you may have the numbers reversed. The 1% is the good cops, the other 99% are the bullies with badges. Now I do admit that I'm in a big city. Maybe the rural departments are better. But here, the cops have been called our biggest street gang.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
There has always been an unwritten code in law enforcement. You don't turn on your own. This one code has ruined every single one of their reputations. It does not matter if 90% are good cops. The fact that they turn their backs when injustice takes place just to protect their own makes them accomplices. When they start upholding the law no matter if it is their partner that is breaking the law it will change peoples perspective of them. If you want to effect change, that is where to start. It will not be easy, It will however be worth it.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
i hope these pigs get ficking served at their next traffic stop thats ridiculous. karma will get them. eventually. the display they put on wether he ran or not, he immediatley put his hands up and got cold clocked in the face, and once on the ground was beaten in the face repeatedly. i hope these cops get arrested for assault and un-justified assault/battery there was no reason for this to occur, protect and serve my ass.
was it really nessicary for all those cops to be on him, he surrendered. dorner was right, theres alot of corruption in the ranks. and i bet these a-holes will all cover eachother when questioned about it. but the video wont lie. i hope he sues and gets alot of money, and i hope the cops get unpaid leave. this is disgusting. it makes me not want to pull over, as you never know what they will do to you.
edit on 15-2-2013 by dirtybird because: language

edit on 15-2-2013 by dirtybird because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

this man was in no way an assailant he was non-violent. so what he ran from the police, that gives them NO RIGHT to due what they did. it makes me sick!

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by solizer

i wish i could give you more stars

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
"Stop resisting!" Police lingo for "Now I can kick the s&%t out of you because there is reason for witnesses believe that you are resisting."

They'll walk away scott free.
edit on 14-2-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

It started when tuff guy was knocked down. He then kept moving, rolling over to one side, ect. You can hear the cop tell the guy to stay belly down but the guy acted like he might get up. And who knows what was in the back pack.

All and all this was an easy night for tuff guy.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
"Stop resisting!" Police lingo for "Now I can kick the s&%t out of you because there is reason for witnesses believe that you are resisting."

They'll walk away scott free.
edit on 14-2-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

It started when tuff guy was knocked down. He then kept moving, rolling over to one side, ect. You can hear the cop tell the guy to stay belly down but the guy acted like he might get up. And who knows what was in the back pack.

All and all this was an easy night for tuff guy.

Yes, I do hear them yell for him to stay on his belly, as they are punching him in the kidneys.

Easy night for the 'tuff' guys alright, they got to beat the crap out of a surrendered man, and get out some pent up aggression.
edit on 15-2-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join