It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unnecessary Police Brutality Caught on Camera in Florida as Man Surrenders

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Could've should've would've. Hey lets allow the cops to shoot anyone. They could've had a weapon or something.

Did you post this in the wrong thread?
edit on 15-2-2013 by TorqueyThePig because: changed text

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Nope. You can paint all the nightmare scenarios you want. The facts are that there is a suspect that is following the verbal commands of the officers and for his trouble gets assaulted. What might've been is irrelevant.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

What might happen is 100% relevant when you are in a profession where your life or others lives are on the line. It must be very easy to be a Monday morning quarterback.
edit on 15-2-2013 by TorqueyThePig because: changed text

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Definitely skipping a few steps on the force-matrix here, officers...... Not sure if it's worth a multi-mil settlement but we'll see, won't we?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TorqueyThePig

Yes lets by all means then go ahead and make the situation even worse. Yeah relevance.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Just goes to show how corrupt some police deparments are. Men with badges thinking they are the king of the world thats crazy.

Yours Truly SandHookytruther

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
well considering the other crazy law suits, he should get at least 10 million for getting beat up for no good reason.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I think there is a relatively good way to make sure, that in the BEST interest of BOTH (honest) officers and those they interact with, that only the whole TRUTH comes out and that is to make sure that EVERY arrest is 100% video and audio recorded. This evidence should be available to BOTH those who record it and those who are a party to any stop/arrest and it should be made secure and non tamperable.

The technology is extremely simple and affordable, EVERY cop should have a tiny personal recording device IN PLAIN VIEW attached to their caps or somewhere else convenient that will record the event and transmit it immediately to a secured data base and in that way NOBODY can work outside of the view of the police cameras (on dash cams) in arrests. These recording devices would be MANDATED to be on FULL time while the officers are on duty.

REMEMBER we are told repeatedly that ONLY those that have something to hide would be afraid of having cameras record events (right?), so assuming cops have nothing to hide I would think they would very much support this. EVERYONE involved might act differently and maybe a little more humanely in these situtations if they knew they were documented. People need to contact their legislators and find someone who will write up a bill to suppprt this initiative.
edit on 15-2-2013 by Tecumte because: sp

edit on 15-2-2013 by Tecumte because: txt ad.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
They must have been upset that they were called away from their shopping.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLonewolf
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

When you lead the police on a high speed chase and endanger innocent lives you deserve a ass beatin'.. the pussification of people nowadays is rather concerning.. You break the law , you get thumped on your. You pussie* wanna give everybody a slap on the wrist and say"don't do it again" ...That REALLY works..Simple soultion, behave your f***ing selves and this s**t wouldn't happen

Vigilantism works both ways. I wouldn't want to be a known vigilante cop these days setting around somewhere with a giant mark on my car. You would never hear it coming.
edit on 15-2-2013 by Tecumte because: sp.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLonewolf

You don't by any chance work for the LAPD do you?

Just curious.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
IMO this is a clear case of brutality. If the cops think that they aren't following orders maybe they should be giving the same directions to the victim. At 0:35 one cop is telling him to put his hands above his head while the other is telling him to give his hands to him. One of them is grabbing at his hands at the time to so he can't put them above his head or behind his back.

Conflicting directions happen throughout the video. The directions given should be in agreement when more than one officer is commanding a suspect to comply.

Sure they might be emotional and hyped up from the chase, but that is the job. The police should be able to remain calm and think straight. When I used to work security I have seen many a police officer go from 0 to 60 over nothing, causing the situation to elevate to a more dangerous level. Cops would also tell us security guards about beating people up while laughing. This wasn't all of them mind you, but some of them enjoy violence. Officers like these should not be aloud to protect and serve.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I hope he sues the crap out of them.
Gets a couple million anyhow.

I saw this happen before and the pig tried to use me to give threat to witness to shut up or else.
The witness said #%#% you and told truth, the guy got lots of dough.

And they wonder why some people hate cops.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Anyone who sends the police on a high speed chase deserves "punishment" upon the end of the chase, mainly for being **stupid** enough to flee law enforcement, putting countless lives at stake. Basic rule of thumb: if the police flash their lights behind you, pull the heck over. If you're not guilty of anything, then there's no problem; flash the license and registration and eventually you're on your way. Why flee? Guilty of something perhaps? If I were a policeman and someone fled the scene, and I had to pursue --endangering countless innocent people-- I'd be pretty upset with the idiot who caused the danger. Yes, in my book, people causing high speed chaes should not only get a few knocks upon capture, they should also be put up on a pedastal in the center of town at some future date and publicly caned, spanked, flogged --what-have-you. Nothing lethal or permanent, just painful and humiliating for doing something so fundamentally stupid and dangerous.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
"Stop resisting!" Police lingo for "Now I can kick the s&%t out of you because there is reason for witnesses believe that you are resisting."

They'll walk away scott free.

Amen brother. That's exactly the tactics the bullies with badges use now.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

im sorry but i have to side with the cops on this one i hate high speed chases,more often than not innocent bystanders are the ones that get hurt or at the very least inconvenienced.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The problem I believe, at least here in Mass. and most likely everywhere else, is if you don't have some kind of in at the local police, brother,son,cousin,extremely good friend you have no chance of getting on the force. So the only real prerequisite for the job is being known. When i became an adult all the people who were punks or juvenile delinquents were on the police force, making me believe they hire people who have a high chance of reaching for violence as a solution.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

It could have easily been avoided if he wasn't in a HIGH SPEED CHASE THAT LASTED 6 MILES before the said beating.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join