It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senior Congresswoman: ‘Obama Has Put In Place’ Secret Database With ‘Everything On Everyone’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Know your enemy.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
So where do I sign up?

No...really...I spend a lot of time fighting against the Right Wing rhetoric on many different websites...I get accused all of the time for being a paid poster anyway...might as well make some cash.

I honestly don't have any moral issues with it, most of the topics in threads are people repeating or posting articles/stories/rhetoric from paid talk show hosts...so why shouldn't I be making some money on this too.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

Originally posted by burntheships

Well yes, its quite disconcerting.
If fact its very disconcerting, since its seems this is really blurring the lines
between national security and political party lines.

Indeed it does. In my opinion one things transcends political differences and is common to all parties, the desire and need to monitor/analyze and trend the population.

Very true, and while the illusion is in place now that we are free to align with any polictical party
we wish, what might happen in the future if The U.S. were to end up with such a watered down
Constitution that might allow for more of a dictatorship in reality rather than just a propped up
Republic?

You know, one is which The State is the only authority?
edit on 14-2-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
So where do I sign up?

.....I honestly don't have any moral issues with it, most of the topics in threads are people repeating or posting articles/stories/rhetoric from paid talk show hosts...so why shouldn't I be making some money on this too.

I honestly thought maybe you could fill us in?

Though, its only minimum wage, according to The Times.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Very true, and while the illusion is in place now that we are free to align with any polictical party
we wish, what might happen in the future if The U.S. were to end up with such a watered down
Constitution that might allow for more of a dictatorship in reality rather than just a propped up
Repuclic?

You know, one is which The State is the only authority?

In that situation, the power to be would not have to tip toe around issues like this, as they have the absolute decision in the matter.

We will see Orwell's 1984 future come to fruition, with obvious and imposing monitoring and such. But now we are getting a little ahead of ourselves.

Need less to say, political parties, regardless of affiliation have shared the interest in controlling and monitoring the public.

Just to play devil's advocate here, monitoring in some instances is necessary to provide the services we value.

edit on 14-2-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

Just to play devil's advocate here, monitoring in some instances is necessary to provide the services we value.

I thought that was what the Census was for, and all of those continuing surveys...
the extensions of the Census that are more neighborhood surverys. You know....?

I somehow dont think this kind of data mining, and spying is for our good. Hahah.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by xedocodex

Here, here, and here.

Nope, Nope, and Nope.

I don't think you understand what the article is talking about...it's a civilian force organizing to fight ignorance on the internet.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I honestly thought maybe you could fill us in?

Though, its only minimum wage, according to The Times.

See...I get accused almost daily of it...might as well get paid.

Minimum wage is fine...not like it is my full time job...and money is money. I'm doing this for entertainment anyway, why not make some side cash as well.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
We knew this was coming for a long time - But no one in this thread is talking about the answer.

Make yourself invisible on the Net. Use all the tools, TOR Browser, VPN's, HTTPS, anonymous email Etc. Use Them All and use them All The Time. Make it so there is nothing traceable to connect you to anything you post. This takes work and is possible.

If you don't do these things dont come crying when the Tyrannical Government has taken away your right to use the internet ( or worse, arrest you for being a traitor)

Do these things consistently and i dont care what database they try to build, the would have nothing on you.

Wanna be more secure? Dump Windows. Use the technologies above with a Linux distro that offers you open source versions of those tools. In this manner you can view the source code and confirm there are no government back doors in the software. We know Microsoft and the Government has put back doors into Windows in the past and is happening with other closed source software for Windows.

Except for hard core AAA gaming, there is nothing a Linux operating system cannot do that Windows can do and Linux is catching up on the gaming too. Many Linux distributions are just as easy to operate for a Windows user so Windows users don't have an excuse for not using the right tools for the job. ( try Ubuntu, Mint, Zorin)
edit on 14-2-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: addition

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I don't think you understand what the article is talking about...it's a civilian force organizing to fight ignorance on the internet.

Is it ignorance? People are surely allowed to have differences of opinion, no?

Ok, so which is it then, entertainment or a political cause?
Or, are we an experiment to your cause?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Make yourself invisible on the Net. Use all the tools, TOR Browser, VPN's, HTTPS, anonymous email Etc. Use Them All and use them All The Time.

Good advice, imo, Honestly, these campaigns have so much cash,
this information is very valuable to them. Its worth a lot of money to
the candidates and incumbants.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I'm afraid that it is you who misunderstand. The Obama Cyber Warriors aspect has nothing to do with the database discussed in the OP. That is the provenance of the NSA and the US Military, through Cybercommand. In fact Cybercommand is the core of the human and social engineering programs.

The entire Obama Cyber Warriors subject, in and of itself, is still very much an "if" - as the only source, to date, substantiating it is an anonymous "insider".

What is provable is that if you wish to get paid to forum troll - the links I provided are the inroad.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

From Goebells

“Think of the press as a great keyboard on which the government can play.”

thinkexist.com...

21st Century version Think of the internet as a great keyboard on which government can "play".

They are all too willing and their "cyber warriors" are out in forcing always tell who they are they are the ones who are never critical of government and defend them on every issue there is.
edit on 14-2-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Is it ignorance? People are surely allowed to have differences of opinion, no?

Ok, so which is it then, entertainment or a political cause?
Or, are we an experiment to your cause?

Here on ATS, this is entertainment...it's not a good medium for political cause...very small audience and very right wing leaning.

I'm on ATS for the same reason many other people are...to pass the time and discuss topics I enjoy...I prefer ATS because of the right wing slant...I don't enjoy talking with a bunch of people who agree with me just to get pats (stars) on the back like some people.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I'm afraid that it is you who misunderstand. The Obama Cyber Warriors aspect has nothing to do with the database discussed in the OP. That is the provenance of the NSA and the US Military, through Cybercommand. In fact Cybercommand is the core of the human and social engineering programs.

Believe me, those links you posted for "cyber" work pays more than minimum wage. This is not what I would be interested in. I am not talking about being a government employee...but more of an online political activist as a citizen.

What is provable is that if you wish to get paid to forum troll - the links I provided are the inroad.

And why must it be "trolling"?

If I were rich and cared about my cause...why would it be trolling to employee like minded people for us to go out and promote our cause? Trolling to me is posting just to inflame and start fights, not because you actually care about the subject matter.

So why would you see it as trolling and not as a well organized political "campaign" so to speak? Would it be trolling if the same group went out door to door to spread their cause, or set up a protest, or set up a letter writing campaign? Why is it automatically "trolling" to you?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yes, I know what your saying there. You can tell.

I just found this, another in depth look into these cyber warriors,
by The Atlantic.

This is quite telling, and perhaps will lead to some other findings.

With Davidsen's help, the Analytics team built a tool they called The Optimizer, which allowed the campaign to buy eyeballs on television more cheaply. They took set-top box (that is to say, your cable or satellite box or DVR) data from Davidsen's old startup, Navik Networks, and correlated it with the campaign's own data. This occurred through a third party called Epsilon: the campaign sent its voter file and the television provider sent their billing file and boom, a list came back of people who had done certain things like, for example, watched the first presidential debate. Having that data allowed the campaign to buy ads that they knew would get in front of the most of their people at the least cost. They didn't have to buy the traditional stuff like the local news, either. Instead, they could run ads targeted to specific types of voters during reruns or off-peak hours.www.theatlantic.com...

So, we have Optimizer, we have Navik Networks,, we have Epsilon by names.

edit on 14-2-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
yeah, I saw J edgar recently as well

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It was probably not wise to let that cat out of the bag. I would bet Anon is looking for those files right now.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Google rules the world

www.infowars.com...

Google Restores Social Network in Egypt for Obama?
How to use you mobile phone safely for activism,

In an interview with the Wall Street Journal, top ranking Russian official Igor Sechin, the country's deputy prime minister and "energy czar," pinpointed Google for what he viewed as the company's role in catalyzing the protests that rocked Egypt and led to the ousting of President Hosni Mubarak.

Russia blames google
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Anyway this is what I thought about when I saw this topic,

check out my signature, I read a good article this morning on who really rules the world, the media, and that includes google.

See if I can find it

To learn who rules over you simply find out whom you are not allowed to criticize.” —Voltaire
edit on 042828p://bThursday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 042828p://bThursday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join