It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange coincidences regarding the date of Pope Benedicts resignation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I willl keep this brief as it is really frighteningly simple. So simple, in fact, that I have held back for days expecting someone to start a similar thread.

So, here goes.

I wont touch too deeply on the Nazi past of the Pope, as these have been widely covered. But a good start would be the wikipedia page.

In short, "Following his 14th birthday in 1941, Ratzinger was conscripted into the Hitler Youth—as membership was required by law for all 14-year-old German boys after December 1939 —but was an unenthusiastic member who refused to attend meetings, according to his brother."

Now wheres the intrigue?

Well, Pope Benedict will resign on the 28th February 2013.

What other evens have taken place on the 28th of February?

Well, the first President of the Weimar Republic of Germany died in office: February 28th 1925.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

On its own, a solitary coincidence.

Fast forward to 1933, and the signing of the Reichstag Fire Decree. i.e the single piece of legislation that solidified Nazi power was signed on: You got it, February 28th.

(The fire was the 27th, but the actual legislation was signed into power the following morning.)
en.wikipedia.org...

So, two very prominent historical events from a German point of view, both coinciding with his chosen date of resignation.

On the 28th of february 2013, Pope Benedict will resign. On the 88th anniversary of the death of the first President of Germany, and the 80th anniversary of the signing of the Reichstag Fire Decree.

How long has the Pope been in power? 8 Years.

So ATS, my question - since im never one to go into the numbers of events - is; Why all the eights? All coincidence?

I look forward to your replies

IncrementEthicalAnarchy

ps. Mods, move this thread if its necessary. And I also realise my links may not work, so any help with them will be greatly appreciated as well.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
1638 - scottish presbyterians sign the National Convent

1708 - slave revolt in Long Island NY

1878 - US Congress authorizes large silver certificates

1968 - Pirate Radio returns to the air off the coast of NZ

I see no correlation between these four and what you listed, but they all have 8's in them too. just like not everything that happens is totally random, not everything that happens has some nefarious plot behind it. removing himself from the throne at the end of the month allows the Vatican time to prepare for his departure, but allows the new Pontiff time to prepare for Easter. i see nothing in it beyond that.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by IncrementEthicalAnarchy

8 is very bizarre number in numerology. It can be seen as a sign for power, money and karma. I'm not really into this stuff but here's a link.

8 in numerology

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Hard to say if it was intentional, or just coinkydink. Numerology does seem to be important to some. We all know however, powerful people in high places would never get together and conspire.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Perhaps just coincidence. Like: Henry the VIII (8th for the Romanly challenged) was born on June 28th of 1491 and died January 28th of 1547 or Saint Lucia Santos of Fatima (miracle of Fatima) who observed Mary (Jesus's Mother) visiting her on the 13th of the each month for six months back in 1917 and then she died Feb.13th 2005.

Maybe just coincidence but who really knows?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Shamrock6

I mean, its not the significance of the 8's being there so much as its the exact anniversary of those two events. Its a historical synchronicity rather than some crazy agenda for sure.

But still, the 80th and 88th anniversaries of the reichstag fire decree and the death of el first presidente will be marked by the resignation as pope of a former nazi youth member.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
Hard to say if it was intentional, or just coinkydink. Numerology does seem to be important to some. We all know however, powerful people in high places would never get together and conspire.

Glad to say we understand each other. I mean, its not like there's a historical precedent going back thousands of years saying: "People who can; Will.", these people are obviously just like us, except for the nice robes and fancy security and *cough* unlimited authority over 2,000,000,000 people.

One thing I do know is, the 28th of February will be another manic media marathon. Chilean miners multiplied by ten.

new topics

top topics

join