It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May I pick your brains please?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Hello all, My daughter has a photography exam paper for her A level photography entitled "Covert and Obscured".
We have been brainstorming themes, and given the title, I thought I would ask for ideas from the experts!

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by katseyes

With all the hoopla over Illuminati supposedly depicted in the visual aspects of the music, and movie industries...maybe a compilation of that symbolism.... It's even making it's way into mainstream fashion industry....

Tell your Daughter, Good Luck with her project....

Des

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Yes! Thanks for that - something we hadn`t considered

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Forced perspectives are really cool.

Or you could theme it for space. The Mars rover has taken some crazy photographs as of late.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Any of the symbology from the Dan Brown books would work....

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Someone in a winter coat walking through airport security, then, do a double exposure to make it look like something weird under the coat, as if they are getting away with something (nude under the coat, weapons, smuggling lots of cats, something)....kind of like you, the viewer have x-ray vision...

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Thanks - yes, we have thought of cryptography,symbolism etc, but not sure how to apply it to make an exam piece?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Seems like this is a popular theme for photography exams so you get a ton of hits off of google from it where you could fish for inspiration

A couple of ideas come to my mind.
Camouflaged animals.
Portraits of people in the anonymous masks maybe holding a written message,
If you're in England then chavs with their hoods up

edit on 14/2/13 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Yes .. hadn`t thought about anonymous

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
And thankyou all - some inspiring ideas
)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

We have an airbase near us which is up for sale on ebay??

www.ebay.co.uk...

Used to have a big radar, and was a "surveilance and control and reporting center"

Perhaps we can pose as prospective buyers! Up for a snip at 2.5 million .

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Can you give us a little more info about the assignment? Covert and obscured seems vague. I get why people are saying Illuminati etc, but I like Spanners idea of doing something in nature that's camouflaged.

How is she liking the class? I've always wanted to take a photography class.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I'm confused as to what a photography exam paper is. Is it a written test on photography, or does your daughter have to take a picture of something?

If she has to take a picture I'm assuming it can't be too complicated, else you'd have to fly around the world to get that picture.

So, I'm thinking of having someone walking a dog on a leash, only the dog has the chain in his mouth. Maybe with some program you can make the dog smile a little bit, with a wink of the eye. The caption would read: Who's the master and who's the pet? It's all I have at the moment. Good luck!

top topics

join