Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Ron Paul Suing His Supporters in a "UN Tribunal"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
What more proof do you guys want to realize there is no good or bad vote.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
I believe many people told the Paulites that one day Ron Paul would show his true colors and turn on them...showing that they have been duped into a line of propaganda.

Sometimes it sucks always being right...but it sure is fun sometimes as well.

A bunch of them still can't see his true colors, or want to ignore it. Hence why this thread only got 2 flags.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
A bunch of them still can't see his true colors, or want to ignore it. Hence why this thread only got 2 flags.

Yes... that's the only possible explanation.

Here is something that might be surprising to you.

Ron Paul almost certainly is aware he is "contained opposition". Most Ron Paul supporters who spent any time thinking it through in depth will have come to the same conclusion.

Meaning... he was allowed to continue in his roll because it provided a pressure release valve for those who ascribe to the concepts he puts forward without any real threat to the status quo. In the video I linked earlier he even starts off saying that he went into DC with the appropriate expectations of what change would really be made.

---

However he voted every time the way he said he would. His speeches and ideas have been consistent with his voting record. His warnings years or even decades in advance have all generally come true. I could ask nothing less out of ANY representative whether I agree with them or not... and see few others who can say the same. Despite that being their jobs.

---

What you are trying to suggest is he's been "faking" it... which is just your fervent wish but has no grounding.

Ron Paul knew he would never be president. He knew he was being allowed to continue so that people who ascribe to his same beliefs would have someone that they "hoped" would be a source for change while congress remained almost entirely filled by people who will continue the charade.

So the choice was pretty simple: Resign yourself to knowing that you won't fix anything directly in your time in office, but use the time you do have to get the message out as best you can. And as ANY Liberty Minded person already understands... leave it to individuals to pick it up and continue from there.

The real meat of Ron Paul's time in Congress has yet to be felt because the group of people in high school, college, and young professionals who were inspired by and agreed with him haven't worked their way into the political system yet to show their full faces.

So you may think you've "figured something out", but all you've demonstrated is a distinct lack of real depth to your thinking and just a black and white cartoon charade that only helps perpetuate the divide and conquer system. Congratulations and thank you for your help.
edit on 14-2-2013 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConclusion

Ron Paul almost certainly is aware he is "contained opposition". Most Ron Paul supporters who spent any time thinking it through in depth will have come to the same conclusion.

Endless excuses from Paul stans

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
No way... I smell HOAX

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

No excuses are needed. Voting records are a matter of public record.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Devil's advocate here.
The site using his name to pocket the funds made by people buying 'Ron Paul" merchandise.
They were also trying to sell the domain name for 250k to him.

There are definitely many things about Paul’s complaint that stink, as the tech press has pointed out. But the same can be said for what’s going on at RonPaul.com.

First, it’s pretty clear that the owners of RonPaul.com tried to sell the domain to Paul. They even posted the letter of their offer on their web site.

More at - Domainnamewire.com

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

It's sad that you actually bought into the manufactured image he was selling. And I don't really care if 250k is a lot of money to him or not. It's the market price, tell Mr.Austrian School to get over it. Maybe he should go to a private charity and raise the money...that's what he says to people suffering of cancer that cannot afford the bill.

Yep, there's also charity. As Paul supporters claim, charity is always the answer! So why don't they all pitch in maybe $20.00 each? it'll only take 12,500 RP supporters to pitch in money for this website at $20 buck a person, or 25,000 RP supporters can pitch in $10? Easy peasy? What's wrong with charity or Ron buying the website himself through the private market?

hmm...

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
It sounds very ron paul to me.

In the end he is always a pragmatist.
250k is too much for that domain...and it carries his name. Precedents being what they are, he will get his name.

I do not dislike him for this.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Of course you don't. Libertarians only like libertarianism until the reality hits home.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

It's sad that you actually bought into the manufactured image he was selling. And I don't really care if 250k is a lot of money to him or not. It's the market price, tell Mr.Austrian School to get over it. Maybe he should go to a private charity and raise the money...that's what he says to people suffering of cancer that cannot afford the bill.

Yep, there's also charity. As Paul supporters claim, charity is always the answer! So why don't they all pitch in maybe $20.00 each? it'll only take 12,500 RP supporters to pitch in money for this website at $20 buck a person, or 25,000 RP supporters can pitch in $10? Easy peasy? What's wrong with charity or Ron buying the website himself through the private market?

hmm...

Because he knows he lost his buzz and would never be able to raise the funds. Private charity doesn't work...just ask his Campaign Chairman that died hundreds of thousands in debt because he couldn't afford medical care. RP tried raising money to help his family, he could only raise a FRACTION of the total bill.

Woooooooo markets!
edit on 15-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Maybe Chris Kyle's family should sue Paul?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Value is arbitrary, in the time of his election campaign his "namesake" site may have been "worth" anything ($$$). However there has been a precedent for years, where any local yokel could buy a webpage and extort the celebrity it was named for, for sums of money many 10,000%'s of a percent higher than market value/ or original asking price, only because the average local bought it sooner...and the Celebrity while not legally obligated to own their own namesake website suddenly realizes Hey My name is not mine on the Internet.

The owners are really asking for $249,990 labor cost, and 10$ for the website purchase. Any citizen that wanted to donate to Ron could have found his I dunno, official Congress address and donated there by *Gasp* snail mail.

OP, Don't try to keeping pretend you know what you are talking about.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Okay, I read some of the hypocritical posts by various liberal members
Now I gotta bring the guns out!!

FIrstly.. I FULLY support this initiative by Ron Paul.
He couldn't go via US courts because the site was registered from another country.
Secondly the site owners never donated anything to RP's campaign and kept saying they would.
They made money OFF OF HIS NAME!

Is he going against RP supporters?
No he's not going against the many many registered members of the site but against the very few site owners.

Secondly look at some of the hypocritical posts saying RonPaul bots or this or that when the left was very anti-war during Bush and now voted for Obama for a second term after he's a bigger warhawk than Bush ever was.

You guys are really funny and sad at the same time.

And this is not me taking anything personally because of how you badmouth RP this is just me looking at hypocrites!1

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

He couldn't go via US courts because the site was registered from another country.

Ron Paul had a choice. He could have done this the private way, instead he decided to pull a fit and get a UN agency to take the website by force. For 5 years this website was operating, 5 years, and there's no doubt that he's known about it's existence all this time, he never raised an issue until after he retired from congress, and after he no longer required campaign support. It was operating with his blessing, so it's rather silly for him to turn around, claim this website has been operating unjustly in his name and without his permission given these facts, he can't simply try and claim ownership of it now.

An offer was made to him for $250,000, he and his rabid supporters think it's too much. Tough. Houses are getting expensive these days, food is getting expensive, there are many things in the market that are by definition overpriced, but this is the way of the market. Ron Paul has plenty of money and plenty of supporters, so he could have paid that amount or he could have raised the money through donations from his supporters. He had a choice and yet he decided to go through the United Nations instead. It's hypocritical and many people are starting to see him for what he really is, a fraud.

Secondly the site owners never donated anything to RP's campaign and kept saying they would.
They made money OFF OF HIS NAME!

So? It's their website and they owned and operated it for years without much or no issue raised by Ron Paul himself, so what's your beef? If it's their website they can do whatever the hell they want with it. You know, the libertarian way?

Secondly look at some of the hypocritical posts saying RonPaul bots or this or that when the left was very anti-war during Bush and now voted for Obama for a second term after he's a bigger warhawk than Bush ever was.

I'm what you call a left winger, I didn't vote for Obama these elections.

So?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
So...are paulites now no longer capitalists? and uber pro UN?

hard to keep up with the fringe.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
So...are paulites now no longer capitalists? and uber pro UN?

hard to keep up with the fringe.

They believe whatever their messiah says.
edit on 17-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Ron Paul and his followers believe in "free markets" until challenging them benefits themselves.

I think diamonds are over priced, can I call a UN group and try to get them lowered just for me?

And this is not me taking anything personally because of how you badmouth RP this is just me looking at hypocrites!1

No clue why you are calling me a hypocrite.

Is he going against RP supporters?

Yes he is.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Deflect some more. When people deflect from the issue at hand you know that they are wrong or trying to downplay an issue.

All liberals I know are anti-war. Most of them don't like Obama. He's a moderate rebulican politically. Romney and his whole crew of bush era neo-cons were trying to start a war with Iran. They probably picked the right choice. Not to mention his shady past at Bain capital. He was just all around an awful choice.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
-This is funny.

I am a Libertarian and find it funny and totally contrary to Libertarian views... Then again, I saw RP for what he was several years ago. This also wasnt the first instance where he contradicted his own philosophy in a like manner. There was something during his campaign about trying to get youtube videos "critical" of him pulled and the Judge literally said something about it being Unconstitutional. I am fuzzy on the details.

I cannot understand the "support" for him either- I truly think many of his followers are less "Libertarian" and more "cult of personality".

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join