It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if there was never an American war of independance

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Then, my friend, we have much more in common.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

I see your French apparantely.

Did you know that Napolean had plans drawn up to invade America once he got done with Russia?

Unfortunately he caught a bit of cold while in the Motherland.

Look them up though, pretty interesting stuff.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Yes, I did. However, I am British to the core. I just live and work here.
And, although I have the greatest respect for our cousins (having fought alongside the US forces on more than one occasion), I often wonder how different the world would be, if we had all remained one nation.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Canadians don't speak in english accents, nor do those in India, the Caribbean, those in Africa, china, bermuda etc etc..

I think, war was inevitable, if the US didn't go to war with the British for their independence it would have happened over slavery. If there wasn't a war with the empire, the US would eventually been given it's independence just like Canada, Australia, Scotland, Africa, the Caribbean etc etc etc. The British Quite literally owned the world at one point, and most of those countries didn't go to war with them for their independence.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

If there wasn't a war with the empire, the US would eventually been given it's independence just like Canada, Australia, Scotland, Africa, the Caribbean etc etc etc.

Scotland?

Whilst having devolved power Scotland is still a full and equal part of The United Kingdom along with England, Wales and Northern Ireland - at least for now.
There is a referendum scheduled for 2015 on Scottish Independance.

Back on topic.

I think independnce would have been inevitable - however if independance was achieved through more peaceful means then I suspect the USA's form of government would be more similar to that of Australia or Canada and I doubt if the beloved American Constitution would ever have been drafted.
As a result US society and the collective US psyche would be very different to what it is today - and by extension so would the world.

The US would probably have acquired the same land, it just may have had to take it by force from Spain and France etc, especially considering the UK was frequently at war with both these nations, and generally won.

It would have been inevitable that a nation the size of the USA and with it's resources etc that it would, at some point, become a world superpower.
Would it have been as 'aggressive' on the world stage? - I doubt it - I suspect that without The Constitution, for all that there is an enormous amount to like and respect in it, the US would not have developed that over-bearing sense of self-righteousness that tends to fuel it's foreign policy.

I hope I haven't offended any Americans, I for one feel that despite all the mistakes it has made etc the world is a far better place for the role the USA has played upon the world stage than it would have been if it hadn't taken that role upon itself, (or had it thrust upon it, depending on your viewpoint).

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
We'd still be technically under the Crown and the Rothschilds, and speaking English.

Wait...

edit on 14-2-2013 by davjan4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
the fourth of july would be really dull.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The federal reserve owns America. Jp morgan is a representive of the Bank of England. Jp morgan people are part of the federal reserve. I think the war was just a distraction while the bankers took over.Damn Rothchilds are sneeky buggers. If America did gain independants then it certainly doesnt have it now.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Wake up and smell the breakfast. I posted this already. The Revolution was started by the French. For their military industrial agribusiness complex. Colonial French Special Forces. A ghillie suit. A single musket. A new country. Who is the unsung hero? Lafayette's pseudonephew? They say I'm crazy for thinking it. But I say. They are not crazy for not thinking it.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Look no further than your neighbours to the north. Canada! This is what the U.S. would resemble. A parliamentary democracy rather than a republic. Canada is essentially America light

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dougc411
Wake up and smell the breakfast. I posted this already. The Revolution was started by the French. For their military industrial agribusiness complex. Colonial French Special Forces. A ghillie suit. A single musket. A new country. Who is the unsung hero? Lafayette's pseudonephew? They say I'm crazy for thinking it. But I say. They are not crazy for not thinking it.

Well done, finally an American that knows their history
Good to see.

I sometimes wonder why the Americans dislike the French so much, when France single-handedly won them their independence.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dmsuse

Think about it. Lafayette's pseudonephew. The hedge. France knew neither would shoot first. They made lots of Francs in that war. And more Francs. All it took was a single shot. And he escaped. They should have looked for the man in the ghillie suit. But to them he looked like a hedge.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join