It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

iPhone lockscreen can be bypassed with new iOS 6.1 trick - Give access to...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Easy trick that allows bypass an iPhone's passcode and get full access (see and edit) to contacts list, list of recent calls, favorite contacts, and even make a call to any phone number on the hacked device and erase the log.

So.. be careful folks... never no if this can be expanded on just yet.

edit on 14-2-2013 by komp_uk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I hope this does not cause a big problem here with the Mods. Sorry if it does. I see it that the more people know the quicker apple will be forced to fix it.

Delete if not good for the forums/rules. TY.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Has any of you guys expanded on this yet? I am waiting for a friend to come over with an iphone to have a fiddle, I am inquisitive....

I would think that companies who have deployed the phone would have concerns about the contacts etc. I am sure there is some sensitive stuff that would like to remain hidden.

What about those place where you hand your phones in before access? I bet the "holder" is having a field day

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
There's no narrative in the video that explains what I'm supposed to find out.

Whatever it is. Looks like you need physical access to the iPhone to do this.

You can unlock the apple devices on computer by plugging the USB in a certain way. The ways how are on YouTube. I've had to do this when my kids forgot their pass codes. You plug in while holding home button or something like that. However this does a restore and would be hard to hide you messed with their phone. Its just handy for certain instances where you need to unlock.

Still though I suppose op method is handy for spying on your cheating spouse. If you can get their iPhone. Its fairly easy to hack a mans password or passcodes because they use such simple codes. Often using the last 4 digits of their telephone number. Or a favourite sports players jersey number in a repeated sequence, birth dates, years etc . They aren't that inventive, and have poor memory sorry to say.

I would have to watch this video again to test if I can do this on my iPhone.

There's lots of ways to spy on iPhone if you can get physical access to it that is. You could turn their photo stream on and see what pics they took with it. If you can get at the computer they used to sync, the photos are dumped in photos folders to view. Even if they deleted them. They can only be deleted by going to iCloud.com. Depends on if photo stream was ever turned on and if they know they can go to iCloud. Com and get rid of them. Or if they know they're being dumped on computer as well. They're stored for 50 days. Always replicating if photo stream is turned on. Turning it off on the devices only deletes off the device not iCloud.

Or click on the Places album and see what locations they snapped pics. See where they went at same time. Everything is being stored, particularly if they've enabled iCloud.

You could view deleted texts by texting any contact not showing up in texts, once you text once, all the previous ones load. Even if they were deleted. At least that happens on mine. Or use the search function which will show key words in texts, phone calls, emails etc.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Get someones iphone or any smart phone, root it

Job done.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I will test this out on my iPhone to see if its true. I'm not nervous myself. I have nothing to hide and my spouse doesn't have an iPhone or I would be having a field day for sure! If my phone was lost or stolen I would remotely lock it out and wipe the data, but only if I have pass code turned on. However I'm sure you can't really wipe the data from experts who now how to get at it.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

Sorry I know the video is a bit grimbo. I hope this link expands this.

The Verge

A security flaw in Apple's iOS 6.1 lets anyone bypass your iPhone password lock and access your phone app, view or modify contacts, check your voicemail, and look through your photos (by attempting to add a photo to a contact). The method, as detailed by YouTube user videosdebarraquito, involves making (and immediately canceling) an emergency call and holding down the power button twice. We followed the steps and managed to access the phone app on two UK iPhone 5s running iOS 6.1.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Sorry I couldn't really follow the steps in the video. I tried copying but couldn't force the phone details to come up like in the video.

It starts off if the phone is in lock mode you can make emergency calls only. Same with the camera , except the update I just did fir 6.1.1 won't allow the camera to be used in lock mode. I never did check if it got me into photo albums when this worked.

I need better instructions than this video shows.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by komp_uk

Ok thanks will try it again.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I can't get it to work on mine. I just updated my software a few days ago so perhaps I fixed the bug.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I guess this was a case of BAD opening post. Video is grim, explanation is lacking some what.

I do not possess any iphones so I cannot do this myself. There are more sources on this around the web now, so you might get better info from them.

Apple has reported it is going to send out a fix. The mention of 6.1.1 above maybe related... I don't know.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by komp_uk

I'm sure its all true and still good you posted about it because some users may have this and not know about it.

In the Verge article, its dated for today and says its the recent update that has this security bug. The newest software update is 6.1.1 not the mentioned 6.1. That was what I had before I updated.

So it seems I must have this Version that does it, that they might have incorrectly called 6.1, but as I said it doesn't in mine. Although the instructions were hard to follow. It says press power button twice, but no idea if I was to press and hold which shuts it right down or put in sleep mode. They tested UK iPhones. I'm in Canada

top topics

join