It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confiscate Firearms - Missouri Democrats Introduce Legislation : Gives Gun Owners 90 Days to Turn in

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GuyverUnit I

4. Any person who, prior to the effective date of this law, was legally in possession of an assault weapon or large capacity magazine shall have ninety days from such effective date to do any of the following without being subject to prosecution:

(1) Remove the assault weapon or large capacity magazine from the state of Missouri;

(2) Render the assault weapon permanently inoperable; or

(3) Surrender the assault weapon or large capacity magazine to the appropriate law enforcement agency for destruction, subject to specific agency regulations.

5. Unlawful manufacture, import, possession, purchase, sale, or transfer of an assault weapon or a large capacity magazine is a class C felony..

Source

Read The Bill

So it begins.
Will it pass?

I live in Missouri, and there is no way this has a chance. Still it shows you how badly our country has deteriorated. Any legislator that introduces something like this isn't American and should be publicly labeled a traitor to our country. The best defense is to join the NRA, NRA-ILA, Gun Owners of America, or The Second Amendment Foundation, and complain to your representatives. It's time for all patriots to stand up and be heard. Let's run these traitors out of our government by voting them out, and by making sure our voices are being heard. The real problem is not enough of us are standing up for The Constitution and our rights!

Here is a great article about where we are headed...

www.investingchannel.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 19KTankCommander

LOL, That's why they are liberals, they are too stupid to understand facts. All their decisions are made emotionally, facts have no influence on these people.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

so...unpopulated large tracks of land by a few wealthy owners should be the disciding factor in elections, and not individual votes by all the people of that area including cities?
isn't that what drove people out of england to america in the first place? so one land owner that has 500 acres has more voting power than one apartment dweller in a city...po' people need to learnt to obey yo' massa

Contrary to what you may have been told, there are very few "wealthy landowners" out here in the hinterlands. Also contrary to what you may have been told, there are people out here - LOTS of people, real, actual humans. People don't live only in cities. As a matter of fact, cities are not even our natural habitat - they are a decidedly UNnatural habitat.

City folks can run their artificial anthills any way they see fit - we don't interfere in how they run them. City folks by rights ought to stop trying to Lord it over us country folks. If St. Louis doesn't want guns, they can outlaw them in St. Louis. They can make that decision for themselves... they can NOT make it for the rest of us. I don't think Kansas City is a factor - from what I could see, Kansas City likes their guns.

If city folks can't get control of themselves and STOP trying to be our Lords and Masters, well, we can always just stop growing the food and raising the beef for them... and wait.

It probably wouldn't be long before they saw the light, and came around to sanity.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Problem is the feds want to target the food growers for confiscation (7 USC 2204g).

The feds also do everything they can to stop people from living 'off the grid'. If anybody is successful at it and formulates methods to keep Monsanto, Cargill, ADM, and the like from making the big bucks by swindling them with their GMO crops and hormone-infested beef, then they get squashed by federal laws.

Although this law will not pass, it is a foreboding of what's to come. Civil War is almost guaranteed.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by vtr99

Here is a great article about where we are headed...

www.investingchannel.com...

That WAS a great article! I particularly liked the lasst three paragraphs of it:

Peacefully deny the corrupt system’s authority over your life by supplying your own needs and your own security, rather than lashing out blindly. Force them to show their true colors. Expose their dishonor and maliciousness. Make them come after you like the predators they are, and then, once they can no longer play the role of the “defending hero” in the eyes of the public, use your right to self defense to send them a message they won’t forget.

Skeptics will claim that physical defense is useless against a technologically advanced enemy. They will claim that we need a "majority" we do not have in order to prevail. These are usually people who have never fought for anything in their lives. They do not understand that the “odds” are unimportant. They mean nothing. No revolution for good ever begins with "majority support". Each is fought by a minority of strong willed and aware individuals. When all other methods of protest have been dismantled, the system leaves us with only two options: stand and fight, or kneel and beg for mercy. All you need to know is what YOU would do when faced with that choice.

There is no other culture on earth that has the capacity, like Americans currently do, to defeat centralists, defend individual liberty, and end the pursuit of total global power in this lifetime. We are the first and last line. If freedom is undone here, it is undone everywhere for generations to come. This is our responsibility. This is our providence. There can be no complacency. There can be no compromise. There can be no fear. It ends on this ground. One way, or another…

I hear that lame "you have no chance against advanced technology" excuse all the time, and it's bogus, just as the man says. It's spouted out by folks who have never fought for anything in their lives like they really meant it. If the will exists, the tech can be gotten around or made irrelevant. just ask the Taliban.

Also, in the matter of "compromise", there are some things that just can't be compromised. Liberty is one of those things. You either demand it, in all it's glory, or you have none. Asking for "permission" is what you do when you nullify your OWN liberty, and ANY "compromise" is going to be prefaced by the opposition's demand that you give them "some" of your liberty. That's in the nature of compromise. The problem is, when you give ANY of it away, it's ALL gone at that point.

edit on 2013/2/16 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by lynxpilot
Problem is the feds want to target the food growers for confiscation (7 USC 2204g).

The feds also do everything they can to stop people from living 'off the grid'. If anybody is successful at it and formulates methods to keep Monsanto, Cargill, ADM, and the like from making the big bucks by swindling them with their GMO crops and hormone-infested beef, then they get squashed by federal laws.

Although this law will not pass, it is a foreboding of what's to come. Civil War is almost guaranteed.

That isn't really a problem - when you take a farmer's livelihood away, he's got nothing to do to occupy his time other than lay around in the woods and shoot at stuff, with the occasional foray out to burn down factory farms, which in most cases were taken away from real farmers to begin with.

I can't stress enough that they can TAKE nothing that you refuse to give while you still draw breath. You can NEVER subjugate a free man - the most you can do is kill him, and that usually comes at a pretty dear price.

You might kill him, but you'll never beat him - he'll die undefeated and still free. We ALL die at some point, and it's better in my estimation to die free than live enslaved.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by lynxpilot

That isn't really a problem - when you take a farmer's livelihood away, he's got nothing to do to occupy his time other than lay around in the woods and shoot at stuff, with the occasional foray out to burn down factory farms, which in most cases were taken away from real farmers to begin with.

I can't stress enough that they can TAKE nothing that you refuse to give while you still draw breath. You can NEVER subjugate a free man - the most you can do is kill him, and that usually comes at a pretty dear price.

You might kill him, but you'll never beat him - he'll die undefeated and still free. We ALL die at some point, and it's better in my estimation to die free than live enslaved.

And I'm right there with you.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Oh no.... I live in Missouri and an AR is about 7 feet away from me as I'm typing this. Not good, not good at all.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by vtr99

Originally posted by GuyverUnit I

4. Any person who, prior to the effective date of this law, was legally in possession of an assault weapon or large capacity magazine shall have ninety days from such effective date to do any of the following without being subject to prosecution:

(1) Remove the assault weapon or large capacity magazine from the state of Missouri;

(2) Render the assault weapon permanently inoperable; or

(3) Surrender the assault weapon or large capacity magazine to the appropriate law enforcement agency for destruction, subject to specific agency regulations.

5. Unlawful manufacture, import, possession, purchase, sale, or transfer of an assault weapon or a large capacity magazine is a class C felony..

Source

Read The Bill

So it begins.
Will it pass?

I live in Missouri, and there is no way this has a chance.

And, so, what have you done about it? Do you just assume it has no chance? These gun grabbers don't assume anything and they are out in force to get this pushed through.

I called my local state rep within an hour of this becoming public. I was one of five at that time. Five.

Look people, you can't simply assume things will just go your way. You have to take action. All I had to do was call my district rep and you know what? I didn't get a form letter or some other BS like my state rep would send me. My district rep actually called me back within about 1.5 minutes. We talked for about 20 min. Nice guy, he has my vote.

But, back to the point, you have to act. Just assuming it is nonsense and letting it go is a bad idea. This is how the lib-tards win. Our complacency. There are more of us than them in most every state yet they seem to control the agenda; why is that? Because we stay home and assume no one would be stupid enough to vote for nonsense. So, while we stay home believing in common sense they do voter drives and get idiots out in force and we lose. Common sense is nothing these people have ever seen or understood.

So, do yourself and the rest of the US a favor, call your local rep or state senator and let them know just how much you hate this crap. They will listen. And you know what else? This is the rebirth of the 10th amendment. This is the rebirth of states rights. People are actually paying attention to state legislatures now. This is a good thing!

Tono

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

so...unpopulated large tracks of land by a few wealthy owners should be the disciding factor in elections, and not individual votes by all the people of that area including cities?
isn't that what drove people out of england to america in the first place? so one land owner that has 500 acres has more voting power than one apartment dweller in a city...po' people need to learnt to obey yo' massa

Lol ok... great non-point....

What I am saying is when a state (in most cases) end up like, as example, 48% Red and 52% Blue this is not a hand full of cattle rancher...it is 48% of the State. The blue is focused on one or two big cities, and that means 52% live in very dense populated areas. These big cites is also where big Unions and subsistence living thrives...

So back to my point...These big cities drive the direction of the State and that direction is whatever supports Unions and people who are physically and mentally able to work, but are still greatly supported by subsistence from the Government.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
If city folks can't get control of themselves and STOP trying to be our Lords and Masters, well, we can always just stop growing the food and raising the beef for them... and wait.

You know when I go to the big city I see the sea of subsistence housing complexes, where 10,000s of people are crammed into small spaces, I also see a target enrich environment for those who use these people as votes. These people want more and more without lifting a finger to get more and that mentality is fed by the left to offer them more and more without the need to actually do more to get it.

I guess my main question is, do big cities support the state or does everything outside of the big cities support the state AND those big cities. For me most big cities are 80% takers not producers.

And we all know the takers out voted the producers this last election...

edit on 17-2-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
house.mo.gov...

HB 633 Specifies that any member of the General Assembly who proposes legislation that further restricts an individual's right to bear arms will be guilty of a class D felony
this should end up interesting as they are trying to now pass a law that will make any one else who attempts to pass anti second amendment legislation will be guilty of a felony.... seems like Missouri cant make up its mind

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

Missouri not being able to make up its mind dates back to the civil war where they hedged their bets by having representation in the Union and Confederate governments.

In this particular instance I agree with the legislation, however, the legality of it (as well as the bill that promted this bill) is in question.

If for some strange reason the confiscation bill passes, I seriously doubt it will be enforced by law enforcement. I would also say on the off chance some moron does enforce it that the Prosecuting Attorney would not touch the case with a 100 foot pole.

Enforcement of laws falls to the Executive Branch (Governor signing the bill into law and law enforcement). Prosecution falls to the Judicial Branch (Prosecuting Attorney).

The Legislature can craft all the legislation they want. Since they are not empowered to enforce the laws they are pretty much s**t out of luck.

The one positive thing we can take from this is the publics reaction. It seems for the first time, in a long time, the people are taking an interest in government again and are willing to do more than just complain about something.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Maybe not, but if it's not registered then they can't know about it.

well then why the hell is everyone buying them, just make them and now the government has no clue who has a gun, just who has parts for guns lol

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
As I said previously, I am from Missouri. Since all of this gun control nonsense has been going on, I decided to Email my two senators, and one of my Reps. (Mike Leara) that proposed a bill that would make it a felony to propose a gun control bill. (He proposed this bill in response to Rory Ellinger's bill, the ban and confiscation bill about this topic.)

I basically told my two senators that I am against any gun control laws that may come about in Missouri.

And sent an Email also to Mike Leara showing my support.

These are the Emails I got in return:

Senator Claire McCaskill:

February 9, 2013
Dear Mr. Scheer,

Thank you for contacting me regarding gun control policy and gun safety. I appreciate hearing from you and welcome the opportunity to respond.

As you know, the Second Amendment to the Constitution guarantees Americans the fundamental right to bear arms. I strongly support legal and safe gun ownership by law-abiding citizens and have consistently voted to uphold this constitutional right. I welcomed and supported the recent Supreme Court decision in the District of Columbia v. Heller case that made clear that the constitutional right to gun ownership is an individual one.

At the same time, we have to make sure that guns do not fall into the hands of individuals who should not have them. We should have sensible, constitutional controls on gun ownership that address safety in our communities, like preventing the mentally ill and criminals from possessing guns.

Recent tragedies, such as the mass shooting in Aurora, Colorado, and the horrific events in Newtown, Connecticut, have made it clear that our nation's current gun laws should be reconsidered. Efforts to close the gun show loophole, provide for universal background checks on all guns sales, and to ensure that those with court-determined, dangerous mental health diagnoses do not get access to guns are being considered. While I want to closely study any proposal before I vote on it, I welcome these initiatives, because they represent sensible steps to keep our communities safe while respecting gun ownership rights. Importantly, legal experts believe each of these steps is consistent with the Second Amendment.

Knowing that those responsible for some of the most prominent mass shootings in recent history have suffered from mental illness, it is equally clear that we must also consider mental health services available to our citizens. A more robust mental health care system may help identify and treat individuals who need help before they resort to violence. The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, commonly known as "Obamacare," will substantially expand important mental health coverage when it is fully implemented in 2014. I am hopeful that efforts to repeal these vital expansions in mental health care will come to an end, while new efforts will be undertaken to expand access to care.

Importantly, I firmly believe that an attempt to promote appropriate gun safety measures can be done without infringing upon law-abiding citizens' right to own firearms or unduly burdening the hunting and sportsmanship culture of Missouri.

You may be interested to know that, in the past, my commitment to respecting the Second Amendment has led me to vote to permit residents of the District of Columbia to own and purchase firearms and to prevent funding for any international organization, including the United Nations, that places a tax on any firearm owned by a United States citizen.

While the debate over appropriate gun control measures is divisive, I believe there is middle ground here. This nation can come together to support sensible laws that prevent the mass murder of innocent citizens -- especially innocent children -- while we continue to respect our constitution and its Second Amendment rights. Please know that, as your United States Senator, I will keep your thoughts in mind as Congress considers gun-related legislation in the months ahead.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can be of further assistance to you on this or any other issue.

Sincerely,

Claire McCaskill
United States Senator

P.S. If you would like more information about resources that can help Missourians, or what I am doing in the Senate on your behalf, please sign up for my email newsletter at mccaskill.senate.gov....

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Senator Roy Blunt:

Dear Tyler,
Thank you for contacting me regarding the rights of gun owners.
As you may know, I am a strong defender of our Second Amendment rights. The right of law-abiding citizens to own firearms is an individual right guaranteed by the Second Amendment of the Constitution and broadly interpreted by the U.S. Supreme Court. Our Founders clearly understood that one of the most basic rights of Americans is the ability to defend themselves and their families.

In light of the terrible tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Connecticut, there have been calls for immediate action to address gun control. I do believe it is important that we have a serious national discussion about preventing these senseless acts of violence and protecting our children in their schools. Equally important, however, is an effort that more broadly addresses ways to spend federal dollars more wisely when it comes to treating and identifying those who are mentally ill as well as intervening before they tragically impact their own lives and the lives of others.

There are no easy answers here. I continue to believe that a weapons ban does not fix the issue. Whatever we do, it must be consistent with the Constitution.

I appreciate your thoughts and will continue to support legislation that safeguards our Second Amendment rights, encourages safe and responsible gun ownership, and keeps our homes and families safe.

Agai n, thank you for contacting me. I look forward to continuing our conversation on Facebook ( www.facebook.com/SenatorBlunt ) and Twitter ( www.twitter.com/RoyBlunt ) about the important issues f acing Missouri and the country. I also encourage you to visit my website ( blunt.senate.gov ) to learn more about where I stand on the issues and sign-up for my e -newsletter .

Sincere regards,

Roy Blunt
United States Senator

Representative Mike Leara:

Thanks for your comments and support Tyler!

Mike

I will also contact Rory Ellinger and tell him I am opposed to his ban/confiscation bill. And I will post the reply once I get one.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lingweenie
Senator Roy Blunt:

Dear Tyler,

I got the same form letter from Roy. The same Roy who has managed somehow to turn his 379K personal net worth into over 1M in one term as US Senator. I asked him for his strategy - He didn't reply. That is some good investing I must say.

Not discouraging you from contacting them - I do; what else can we do?

Howeever, Roy and Claire are both so out of touch with reality its scary. I doubt they have any idea what is going on here in MO - nor do I get the idea they much care.

I compared the letter with the one I got from Roy. It is the same letter verbatim.

Claire didn't even bother to reply.

edit on 6/3/2013 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

Originally posted by Lingweenie
Senator Roy Blunt:

Dear Tyler,

I got the same form letter from Roy. The same Roy who has managed somehow to turn his 379K personal net worth into over 1M in one term as US Senator. I asked him for his strategy - He didn't reply. That is some good investing I must say.

Not discouraging you from contacting them - I do; what else can we do?

Howeever, Roy and Claire are both so out of touch with reality its scary. I doubt they have any idea what is going on here in MO - nor do I get the idea they much care.

I compared the letter with the one I got from Roy. It is the same letter verbatim.

Claire didn't even bother to reply.

edit on 6/3/2013 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

Yeah sending them an Email probably won't do much. But the more people that contact them, the more they'll realize people are opposed to it. And may start to stick out to them.

Roy replied right away, but mostly because he probably just copies and pastes it to everyone, like you said. McCaskill took a few days to reply. I thought she wasn't even going to.

Rep. Leara as you saw barely took the time to come back with a strong reply. Just a quick "Thank you."

And I just sent an Email to Rep. Rory Ellinger telling him I am opposed to his AR ban/confiscation. I'm anxious to see what he reply's back with, that is if I get one back.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Sorry it took so long to reply. I got busy and did not realize someone had replied to me in this thread.

The thing that makes me nervous around the bunch I mentioned is just that they play a bit rougher than I do, even more so when they drink. I am fragile and not made for rough play

That said I am all for gun owning rights. My wife and I will be doing CCW in a few weeks. We went and got her a Taurus PT740, the slim .40 this last weekend. It is a nice little gun, super light and easy to handle. Someone on the recieving end will know they have been hit for sure.

If it ever comes to it I will be right there beside all those who do make me nervous though with my own weapon in hand.

Raist

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join