Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Confiscate Firearms - Missouri Democrats Introduce Legislation : Gives Gun Owners 90 Days to Turn in

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Interesting how the gun grabbing communists continue acting state after state, yet "Sandy Hook" is old news and not even mentioned now. It's just the bare agenda for all to see - confiscating the most effective tools against tyranny that the People have.

Here is a definition of communism (don't hesitate to use the hyperlinks related to economics either), using it that way makes you sound ignorant.

For example, here you should have say : "Intersting how the gun grabbing mixed-economists continue acting state after state."

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Never going to happen for them…it’s just some “party spirit” sneaking in.

I suppose it comes as no shock to those of us who live here but here are their facts.

Rory Ellington D. – St. Louis
Jill Schupp D. – St. Louis
Margo McNeil D. – St. Louis
Rochelle Walton Grey D. – St. Louis

Three women and a man from St. Louis. ETA: Oh here's a shocker - lifelong Democrat material here... Two are former teachers, one is a lawyer and the other never had a real job; a degree in Public Administration and working for the government as a Legislative Aid to her Step Mother who was also a Representative (so an inherited position of sorts).

If you link that up with the map above you can see that there are 3 Democrat strongholds in MO. Jeff City, KC and St. Louis. Thankfully they are not large enough to dominate the State’s politics like NYC and other large cities dominate theirs.

They will likely stay in their seats of course as the urbanites love their Democrats of course but their little grab has as much of a chance of passing as the a law requiring all people to have an assault weapon does.

There a lot of goofy things get proposed for legislation.

All I can say is good luck with that.

What a waste of their time and thier staffs time when we have real issues here that need attention - takes a long time to draft a bill and have it researched and validated.

The'y'd accomplish more if they just wore their kneepads to the White House and got busy if you know what I mean. All this is a Barry O sycophant cricle... of love.
edit on 14/2/2013 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66
There a lot of goofy things get proposed for legislation.

This is not so much goofy as it is scary in my opinion. Its one thing to debate gun control... Its one thing to look for solutions....

....but to actually introduce legislation in this manner is just beyond goofy. Its telling as to what the mindset is from some of our left wing cousins. It does not look like the people involved have any idea what the Constitution says or what their Oath of Office means.

I find it alarming people are willing to push laws that are themselves law violations all in the name of security and safety.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I think legislative proposals like this, are indicative of the pressure incumbent Dems are getting from those in power above them. They are walking a thin line with their voting blocks. I think most of them are hoping, come next election, people will have forgotten which side of that thin line they stood on in this issue.

I think those people are severely underestimating the the memory power of their voters...

Des

edit on 14-2-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
This is not so much goofy as it is scary in my opinion.

No, this particular proposal is not goofy it's sad and scary but some are.

Its one thing to debate gun control... Its one thing to look for solutions....

These 4 people know for a fact this will never fly it's just a time waster - they should be charged with waste of public resourses for even printing it off.

I find it alarming people are willing to push laws that are themselves law violations all in the name of security and safety.

Have you been to St. Louis recently - it’s a dying city; this is just a feel good proposal to make their local constituents think they are on their side. St. Louis is reaping the benefits of 50 years of Democratic leadership from people like this. Soon it will be right up there with Detroit in the list of failed Democrat experiments in entitlement, tax and spend laws. Let's be lax on crime and coddle the kids...its working - yo!

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I'm wondering where all the "gun grabbing" deniers are? Since Dec there have been dozens of ATS members claiming that no one was trying to take guns away and making fun of anyone that said otherwise. Not a single one of them have posted in this thread, I wonder why?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Being a Missouri resident I can say this (at least for the area I live in and around) there is no way they will be taking any firearm in this area. I do not think a lot of the hillbillies and rednecks most of the time just because of our differences, but I can say they will not let a gun be taken from them.

Many around here did things in their younger years and still do today things that are very near making them criminals anyway. They are a very rough crowd that take little slack from people looking to impose their ideas on them. Many are still not really good at interacting with those deemed more civil than them. Instead of talking things out they fight them out.

That said I will bring this to the eyes of a few who will in turn spread the word. There are a few things you do not mess with when it comes to rednecks, hillbillies, and cowboys, and that is you do not touch their beer, their women, their kids, or their guns. I am sure there are a few places within driving distance that would just as soon hang someone coming for their gun as to talk to them. For what it is worth even though these people make me nervous when they are out drinking (why I stopped partying long ago) I feel safe in knowing that I support their right to own guns. If you support their cause they will support you.

Raist

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BobbyTarass

Nah, I'll stick to "communists". Thanks for playing "deflection tactic", though.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
I'm wondering where all the "gun grabbing" deniers are? Since Dec there have been dozens of ATS members claiming that no one was trying to take guns away and making fun of anyone that said otherwise. Not a single one of them have posted in this thread, I wonder why?

Since Sandy Hook gave the administration what (they thought) it needed to push ahead with the agenda, the shills have either been laid off or retasked.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
home.nra.org... response from head of nra to obamas state of the union speach. hopefully more crazyness that missori is trying to pass will just end up in a whole bunch of politicans loosing their seats come next election. we just need to remain vigilant and stop any of these loony attacks against the 2nd amendment

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by Xcathdra

I think legislative proposals like this, are indicative of the pressure incumbent Dems are getting from those in power above them. They are walking a thin line with their voting blocks. I think most of them are hoping, come next election, people will have forgotten which side of that thin line they stood on in this issue.

I think those people are severely underestimating the memory power of their voters...

Des

This is basically what I was trying to say in my snarky way but yours is much more clear. Just the low level Dems trying to raise the party flag a little in support.

I do disagree here in this instance specifically (knowing and following Missouri politics as a resident) - these 4 Democrats in St. Louis are at no risk of losing their seats over this inane proposal.

You could nominate Charles Manson in St. Louis County as long as you put a “D” behind his name he'd get elected in a landslide.

Even more so if he did it in blackface.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I follow all this ideosy and am far more a democrat than not. But then this goes on and now I wonder where I stand, certainly not with these characters, yet I can't embrace the republican stance, where do we go from here? I feel there are many like myself, turning away from the Democratic Party with no real place to land, but then we are a few of perhaps the sane ones. I can never support the Democrats again, nor the Republicans, so to hell with it, I am heading out to sea and sanity.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by GuyverUnit I

Many people use POPVOX to write their representatives.
This also allows you to see real time voting results and percentages.
It is like a poll of people in the districts that affect you.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GuyverUnit I

Will it pass?

of course not. Do you know anything about Missouri?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BobbyTarass

You told me, didn't you, captain brainiac? There is a communist agenda at work in this country, and you can try to intentionally obscure it with your apologist babble all you want. Just pretend everything is okay and maybe the country will magically become some liberal utopia. Keep hoping.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
so a question..why would they ever try to pass a bill like that? why would they write a bill like that? what is the point? they know they will be booted from office in that state so why try to do that? grandstanding?..trying to make a point? trying to get other state legislatures to follow suite? hopeing kalifornia will write a similar bill? just an attempt to get attention?

crappy try guys, hope you enjoy your new jobs

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You're misrepresenting your state. Take a look at the vote totals there on Politico's election page. Of 10,835,058 total votes cast on Missouri ballots 5,293,099 (48.9%) went to Democrats, 5,160,364 (47.6%) went to Republicans, 381,595 (3.5%) went to other candidates. Add in all votes for Lt. Governor, Secretary of State, State Treasurer and Attorney General (21,479,350 total votes) the numbers move further towards Democrats and "other", and further from Republican. 10,634,593 votes for Democrats (49.5%), 10,023,522 votes for Republicans (46.7%), and 821,235 votes for others (3.8%). Source

Now, if you get down to the State General Assembly there are 62 Democrats, 133 Republicans and 2 vacant seats (Why are they vacant? I can't seem to find an answer.), and if you get to the point of considering districts you run into one of the more insanely gerrymandered states I've seen. Point being, Missouri as a state is more or less completely split down the middle. Whether this is because of issues like the population being mainly Democrat but socially conservative, or vice versa, I don't know. I've never spent that much time delving into the micro-politics in Missouri since I don't live there.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
(1) Remove
(2) Render
(3) Surrender

Never.

The govt is becomming very dictatorish.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I'd say Missourians will be voting this season with the bullet box, because the ballot box is rigged

The future of politics is coming to an end and the popularity of anarchy will become the soup of the day

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join