It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF Is All This About?.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I don't understand any of this, what the hell is hazing? And why do these crazy a** girls do this to initiate?

Link

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 08:14 PM
link   
A hazing is a rite of passage for high schools and colleges. They were mostly just silly and harmless pranks, and dumping harmless things on people like paint or mud. I personaly think they are stupid.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Hazing is done in certain military brigades and is known to have deeply effected those that were hazed. Some of those hazing rituals are simply violent and unneccasary. They serve no purpose other than conformity and power over ones that are active hopefuls in the ritual. I heard that in American schools, that the hazing has killed over 58,000 people since the year 2000. That is the equivalent of all the men who died in the war in Vietnam. Now if that isn't serious then I don't know what is.

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 08:38 AM
link   
AV, thanks for the info. I agree hazing is dangerous and lends itself to uncivilized behavior. Praticioners are idiots.

dom

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 10:30 AM
link   
If I understand correctly "Dazed and Confused" is all about these rites of passage. I actually thought the movie was pretty funny, but the hazing and batting of kids seemed fairly vicious. I have to say that I'm glad hazing isn't an English tradition, or if it is, it's an extinct one in this country... phew...

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   
A Few Good Men....where a hazing results in death, and a murder trial....

top topics

join