It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3D printing: A new dimension to faking it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Not sure if this was posted on ATS. Its 4 days old news but I'm posting it anyway. Certainly this could open doors to many immitation goods and/or promote cheaper manufacturing right in the home nation to do away with partial manufacturing in China. This can or might be the point of focus/discussions and/or changes in trade rules and regulations in the future.

According to Der Spiegel, a “fake” copy of a Beijing office and retail development designed by London-based architect Zaha Hadid is already being built 900 miles (1,500km) away in Chongqing. In Guandong province, also in China, builders are reportedly working on an unauthorised replica of the Austrian village of Hallstat, a UNESCO World Heritage site. And on a smaller scale, pirated petrol stations are not unheard of in eastern Europe, including fake Shell stations in Russia, and an entire fake BP station, complete with a petrol tanker decked out in BP livery, in Bulgaria.

LINK

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I'm a 3D designer and partner, in a 3D printing company. We have a polymer printer & a steel printer.

Whatever you need printed (excluding a house), we can facilitate.

Our site will be live, Monday. PM me, if you need more info.

Sorry for the shameless plug- I had to.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by shefskitchen
I'm a 3D designer and partner, in a 3D printing company. We have a polymer printer & a steel printer.
Whatever you need printed (excluding a house), we can facilitate.
Our site will be live, Monday. PM me, if you need more info.
Sorry for the shameless plug- I had to.
Thats fine. Well I wish you all the luck if you're within the US with manufacturing

new topics

join