It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reccomendations for up to date/modern Ak-47 or 74?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I was looking in he safe and I notced that the AKs I do have are your basic AKs with wooden furniture, issue sites, and so forth. They look so primitive next to my tricked out ARs. I was wondering if anybody knew of a good manufacturer that sold modernized AKs with rails and better sites polymer furniture and so forth.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

You could always slap some fugly plastic furniture on it with rails.

The only real modern AK is the AK-12 TFB: AK-12 coming

Anything else is just a Tapco'ed out run of the mill AK.
edit on 14-2-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

There are some out there. some of the newer AK's are actually pretty bad ass. i do not know any major brands off the top of my head but there is a link here to some cool looking ones, close to looking like a AR-15 color wise

www.cheaperthandirt.com...

i know a buddy that knows some good brands i could check with him sometime?
i have a dectd out M-4 Which is pretty much a AR-15 but smaller.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by UnknownEntity4U

LOL!!!
800 lowball for an AK, I guess dirt just got expensive!
Seriously though, I wont use ctd anymore after their last stunt vs the customers.

OP, it is best just to build your battle rifle pick and choose your own components.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

hey buddy, is that the rifle that can shoot under water? i saw a video awhile back of 2 guns one was a AR-15 and other was a AK style with there gas system? in the video the AR-15 blew up after coming out of the water. the other gun i cant remb looks like this AK-12. they could shoot it under water

www.youtube.com...

oo never mind found the video lol

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

True, its to late to buy guns now, my M-4 was only 1200 when i got it. now they sell almost 3grand. you can also buy piece by piece like you said and it will all be roughly 900 bucks so well worth it. if you are a gunsmith, otherwise you would have to pay someone to put it together. not sure what it would cost to build a AK. never checked the parts for one.i got basic gun smithing down. i could easily make a Ar-15 or M-4 you just mainly need a upper receiver and a lower receiver and put them together lol and both of them are about 300 to 500 a piece depending on the maker.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by UnknownEntity4U

No way Bro, the AR and AK platforms are so easy to build nowadays that even a US Marine could do it.

Ok, even a little girl could do it, with minimal specialty tools.
No gunsmith needed.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

lol to me and you maybe. everyone i know around town or at work don't know anything about weapons. to me and you its a cat walk. but for ppl that don't know much about guns there's a lot to it. cleaning. maintenance.most ppl know how to fire a gun. and most barely able to do that. it is easy i am not doubting you that. i do agree with you. i am just trying to help the guy out ya know? you are 100% right atm guns are best bought in pieces and built by self. after that school shooting gun sales have gone up almost 200% like i said mine was 1200 now they sell for almost 3k that is pretty much a 200% increase.build one ya self is the only way to go at this point.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc
Here are some links commander.
www.arsenalinc.com...
www.mojosights.com...
www.tickbitesupply.com...
www.k-var.com...
ultimak.com...
I hope that you join me in Gallup.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
a reply to: NavyDoc
Here are some links commander.
www.arsenalinc.com...
www.mojosights.com...
www.tickbitesupply.com...
www.k-var.com...
ultimak.com...
I hope that you join me in Gallup.

Cyber stalking. Creepy.

Decent links though, thanks.
edit on 30-4-2014 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I went with Ultimak when I did mine, mostly because they are an Idaho company located just an hour away from me. So if I had complaints, I knew just where to go.

But everything I bought from them worked great. I got their optics mount which is just a gas tube with a rail on it. And also a forearm tri-rail to replace the wood forearm so I could mount a forward grip.

I also got a 6-point collapsible stock from Tapco and a replacement grip both in olive drab. Then I got some rail covers in olive drab and had the dust cover powder coated olive drab locally. It turned out pretty nice.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I would go with a saiga 7.62x39. It's Russian made and looks better than most AKs that's out there.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Best I can recommend is a nice Belgium made ak...they still mill instead of stamp their receivers

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Here is an older picture of mine. It doesn't have a flashlight or red dot mounted on it in the photo, but that is what it has now.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
i've been thinking about trying this one. it is has milled not stamped receiver. i've heard good and bad things.

i've seen them run from $540 to $600 this one is says $750

100% American Made Century Arms Centurion 39 AK-47
The reciever is machined from 4140 ordanance quality steel
The rear sight is adjustable for both windage and elevation
High visibility front sight post
Longer buttstock for better comfort and handling
The forend and handguard have picatinny rails
Barrel length: 16.5"
Overall length: 37.25"
Weight: 8.2lbs.
Comes with two U.S. made 30 round mags

just one online dealer

CIA AK47 Centurion 39 Sporter, 7.62x39mm, Hi Cap

edit on 9-5-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I vote arsenal.

I've owned a milled SAM7 and currently own the stamped SLR-107cr side folder. It features 1mm forged construction opposed to the standard 1.5mm stamped receiver. It also wears poly furniture which makes it one of the lightest aks you'll ever hold. 6.94lbs!!!

I'm about to order the new SAM7sf pictured below. Note the ar style safety selector and factory low profile claw mount, chf barrel, g2 trigger and on and on. Awesome stuff if your willing to pay.

edit on 5/9/2014 by TiedDestructor because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/9/2014 by TiedDestructor because: Added weight

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
Best I can recommend is a nice Belgium made ak...they still mill instead of stamp their receivers

You mean Bulgarian?

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TiedDestructor

Yea actually I did mean Bulgarian lol…sometimes my brain doesn't keep up with me.

new topics

top topics

join