It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

our world has just changed! Gun control is no longer possible.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I'm personally over throwing rocks at each other in the traditional way. It doesn't make sense when you can find how to make rail guns and microwave guns on youtube. Heck now you can even mix the 2.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc
reply to post by SpearMint

How much would a 3d printer capable of doing this cost?

Build your own...

www.reprap.org...

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I'm kind of failing to understand this correctly.

So, basically what we can do now is print the damn high cap magazines and what not parts... to make a whole gun or.. wait what?

I must be sleeping under a rock for the past 5 years, I didn't know we could print a friggin' gun out of a 3D printer.

The last time I heard a pistol that was printed out of a 3D printer can only last a few rounds of fire before it breaks down. So have there been a drastic improvement in quality or material make since then?

Also, i'm sort of having a hard time understanding the title of the thread.

So please allow me to ask a question this way. I live in California, what happens if I print a 12 round magazine for my home defense hand gun?

What are the implications of this. I mean, it's illegal in Cali to have a pistol magazine that is more than 10 rounds. So 90% of all Californian gun owners are probably very deadly with 1911's lol... but I digress..

What does it mean for me if I print out a 12 round mag and put it in my H&K USP 45? Is it still illegal in California?

If so, I kind of failed to see the point of this 3D printable clips or parts. If they're illegal to own, then I'm still breaking the law by printing one out and own it? Am I correct to assume this?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I have seen no indication of this administration banning the possession of all guns. But I have seen a lot of paranoia about the topic with no evidence that validates it.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I remember the video of the guy shooting a 3-d printed AR.

It blew up after only a few rounds.

I'm sorry, but for something like a gun, metal parts will always be required. And since this is the case, those metal parts will be regulated.

If you want a plastic gun, contact Nerf.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

Missouri Democrats have introduced gun confiscation legislation and this method of obtaining guns and gun parts is loosely covered... it states that it will be illegal to gain possession of them "by any means", and I'm sure that they had 3D printing in mind when they wrote that.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
I remember the video of the guy shooting a 3-d printed AR.

It blew up after only a few rounds.

I'm sorry, but for something like a gun, metal parts will always be required. And since this is the case, those metal parts will be regulated.

If you want a plastic gun, contact Nerf.

There are printers for every kind of metal also. Direct metal laser sintering I think... mmm DMLS I guess its the name of the technology of the printer you're looking for if you plan to print of almost every metal

There is also one tech that support titanium alloys but... well... there was a video somewhere of a titanium m4 which was around 100k I think.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
"Gun control is no longer possible"

Many people think this is a good thing. It's a terrible thing. It's not possible (in the US, elsewhere it is) because there's too many guns and the country is out of control. It'll continue to decline.

It's declining because of the economy and corruption eating away from within at the highest levels... It has nothing to do with guns. But I suppose the talking heads will tell you all "Look what happened to America, they had GUNS, and they collapsed! Let's make sure that never happens again, so we need to get rid of ALL the GUNS!! Except for the people who protect us rich people of course..." and people like you will swallow it hook, line and sinker

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3n19m470

Originally posted by SpearMint
"Gun control is no longer possible"

Many people think this is a good thing. It's a terrible thing. It's not possible (in the US, elsewhere it is) because there's too many guns and the country is out of control. It'll continue to decline.

It's declining because of the economy and corruption eating away from within at the highest levels... It has nothing to do with guns. But I suppose the talking heads will tell you all "Look what happened to America, they had GUNS, and they collapsed! Let's make sure that never happens again, so we need to get rid of ALL the GUNS!! Except for the people who protect us rich people of course..." and people like you will swallow it hook, line and sinker

I didn't say it was because of guns. However, people use guns as their weapon of choice.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join