It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

our world has just changed! Gun control is no longer possible.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Thanks to a few great minds, thinking beyond greed, beyond self intrest,
this week, the govt's desire to control guns and magazines was put to a stop.
Not for now, but forever.
They will never again be able to limit or control guns or magazines.

You can thank a brilliant mind Cody Wilson

Printable guns have been thrown around for a while now. But cody went a step further.
Printable clips, lowers, and other parts, Now most would think big deal, they have those..

That is the game changer, now YOU have those!
All cody's work has been released by him to the public.
to download the mega file, go to
defcad.org...
50 plus cad designs are not avail freee to the public.
All you need is access to a 3d printer, and a little time.
Please watch the video below, and visit the site and download
the files. If you never plan on using the files and the 3d printer, download them
anyway! The more hands these files are into, the less control the govt has.
Gun regulations are no longer a issue. From this week on America and the world will
always have access to parts for a gun. Cody is also working on a full printable AR,
but due to the powers that be, has not completed it as of yet.

We should all thank this true patriot for giving us control once again.
youtu.be...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

I don't think gun control is really about availability, I'm sure even with new draconian laws or bans anyone can still get there hands on a fire arm if they are intent on it. It is about the current government making criminals out of law abiding citizens and degrading the Constitution.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
"Gun control is no longer possible"

Many people think this is a good thing. It's a terrible thing. It's not possible (in the US, elsewhere it is) because there's too many guns and the country is out of control. It'll continue to decline.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Let me play devils advocate and point out that you still need materials to make these.

A ban on purchase of certain amounts of materials or a manufactures license requirement needed to be able to purchase certain amounts of materials could also be a measure used to control the bootleg production of firearms and magazines.

I would also add that you can download the components needed to make bombs, but go out and try to purchase that stuff, and watch what will happen to you.

edit on 14-2-2013 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I am all for gun control but it takes practice. Oh erm you are talking about gun legislation in that case I am not for it.

Gun control should be about hitting your target.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Well, not to ruin your enthusiasm, but gun control is about more than telling you if you can or cannot buy a gun.

It's about he guns already in existence.
It's about principle.

I don't think anyone really think that getting a gun despite whatever legislation may be written will be a problem. That gun parts can be printed with relative ease neither add or subtract anything, it has always been (sort of) easy to make you own guns. If anything this just showcases exactly that.

Just my thoughts..

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

It will be hard to regulate aluminum and plastic don’t you think?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I edited it for such a question. Go back up there and read it.

And you need more than plastic and aluminum to make weapons.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

I am not real worried about it. BTW I just ordered one of these.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Guns are easy to make. People with far less technology than we have today have been making them for centuries. Given that there is at least one machine shop in every town, there will always be guns. Only the prices will change and the fact that they will not be registered. Since the agenda of banning guns has effectively doubled the amount of guns purchased, one has to wonder if the intent really was to disarm America. Is it reverse psychology or is it really about ridding citizens of guns? Given the unintended consequences of liberal policies i would have to say the intent was to disarm America. Who knows though.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Looking over some of the things they have, it's like zip guns for the rich.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

You can make a gun with a log and a nail.

But I'll give you your limits. I expect they'll work like any other limits. Take pseudo-ephedrine limits as an effort to curb meth production. It may be harder to open up a large production facility but it isnt any harder for the small time user to cook a batch for him and his buddies and if you're producing on a large enough scale you were never going the route of purchasing the ephedrine anyway.

Artificially imposed limits only affect the, for lack of a better term, small business owner. Individual use is never affected and neither is large scale production.

Some of the most productive firearms operations are in desolate mountain caves being labored by children.

A typical basement or garage in the US has a drill press and a grinding wheel. More than enough to manufacture a working gun. John Browning worked in a home shop as a hobbyist to create his masterpieces.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

How much would a 3d printer capable of doing this cost?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Cheapest I've seen that prints ABS plastic is about $900 US. For ones that will print metal your looking at over $50,000 if your lucky.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Does the printer print gunpowder and bullets?
Handheld magnetic railguns though.... thats the ticket.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashen

The moment we get handheld rail guns will be the day they put the limit on the number and type of batteries we can have in one household.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashen

Do you really need to print fishing weights, wheel weights, charcoal?

No homemade shop gun is going to be as sleek and well functioning as a production rifle.

These things only need to work well enough, long enough to hit your target or to get a better gun from the body of your enemy.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

It will be hard to regulate aluminum and plastic don’t you think?

You'd thank so but....
"They" already regulate/ban plants and even pets!
I can't own a sassafras tree in the peoples republik of Kalifornia, weird ehh?
As long as we sit on our collective duffs and take the beating though, they will keep abusing us.
But then again, if we stood like real men, we would not have to manufacture our own.
It would be done for the fun of it.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObjectZero
reply to post by NavyDoc

Cheapest I've seen that prints ABS plastic is about $900 US. For ones that will print metal your looking at over $50,000 if your lucky.

Truth here!
However, I remember my first microwave, vcr (beta)

In fact the only thing I can think of that ever held value or actually went up was my Dads reel to reel!
Sold for 3 times what he got it for in korea 40-50 years later.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

How in the world did you manage to order one they are sold out?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join