It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban knives and cars now - 3rd Person Dies After Guam Crash-Stabbing Rampage

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Todzer

We do have electricity in the country...even running water and tiolets.

The Guberment just doesn't wave their magical wand and have food show up on the shelves.

I hunt, fish, and even tend veggies in the garden. Darnedest thing not having to always run to the store.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Fair point
I was just stating that you obviously aren't that far removed that you HAVE to kill for food, I live in the country and I don't kill my food and if it is an issue of money there is plenty of ways to cut back on spending like cutting off the internet connection.
The OP was pointless and these threads pop up all the time, cars and knives have a much bigger purpose than guns, guns are designed for only one thing, you could get by without them. Try living without a knife or better yet getting around without a car living all the way out in the country.....

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Why should we ban knives? They have multiple uses other than inflicting maximum damage on another living being. They can be used in the kitchen, out in the campsite, they have millions of uses.

Can you tell me what the primary purpose of an AR-15 is? What is it designed to do?

Fire bullets.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Todzer
reply to post by muse7

Totally agree, cars have a purpose and so do knives. Guns are designed for killing, nothing more. You don't sit down to dinner and shoot your steak apart.

Ban stupid threads like this.....
edit on 14/2/13 by Todzer because: (no reason given)

Guns likewise have a purpose.

Protection of person and private property.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
Crazy people do crazy things. Knives and cars are not a hot issue, so you're going to get people saying,"It's not the same". But, yeah, it is. A person intent on doing harm will use whatever is handy. It's not the tool, it's the person using it. But, anti gun folk just lump us all together.
edit on 14-2-2013 by DAVID64 because: spelling error

Yes a crazy person intent on doing harm will use whatever is available to them. That's why most of the crazy people here in the USA like to use high powered rifles.

That's a complete lie, or ignorance.

A majority of weapons crime is committed with handguns, not rifles. According to FBI statistics there have been 321 deaths from rifles. Three times that number per year are killed by blunt force trauma. (Bats, clubs, et cetra)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

With the intent to cause harm or death, you may protect your home and everyone has the right but it still does not take away from the fact that guns are made with the intention of cause harm to another living thing.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I apologize I was simply replying to the OP, obviously he created this thread to compare knives to guns.

Perhaps you should create a thread for your object that causes bleeding cancerous sores? Maybe we could have a discussion on it?

Let's be a little more precise shall we? The point of this thread is to mock the folks calling for a ban on a tool that the rare few have used for evil purposes while ignoring the vast other reasons and good that comes from the same tool.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Try living without a knife or better yet getting around without a car living all the way out in the country.....

Amish. Well they do use knives. But they do get around.

I'm sure they would love to see cars banned as they always seem to be getting hit on the backroads.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

With the intent to cause harm or death, you may protect your home and everyone has the right but it still does not take away from the fact that guns are made with the intention of cause harm to another living thing.

So is a fishing lure. Moot point.

You just said I have a right to protect myself and my property, well guess what, the people most likely to use a weapon against me are people who don't care about laws. They have weapons, and murder and robbery are already illegal.

And we haven't even begun to talk about why the founding fathers gave us the 2nd Amendment which was to prevent a tyrannical government from taking over.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

No more to the point these threads are totally idiotic, I really don't know how to get this across to people. Trying to poke fun by say that everyday items need banning is childish and it brings down the pro gun argument. Now a well thought out thread with points as to why guns should not be banned would be good and I would actually like to read it but if someone is going to post yet ANOTHER thread calling for bans on items that are a necessity, I will give my reasons why it is BS.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

The same founding fathers that were slave owners? You can see how well that idea lasted.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Do they use guns?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Todzer

Yep.

They hunt as well.

I can't say that I would join them just due to their religion, but they do live a simple life for the most part.
edit on 14-2-2013 by TDawgRex because: I need a nap

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

The same founding fathers that were slave owners? You can see how well that idea lasted.

What an absurd non sequitur!!!

Then we can throw out the first amendment as well!!!

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

No more to the point these threads are totally idiotic, I really don't know how to get this across to people. Trying to poke fun by say that everyday items need banning is childish and it brings down the pro gun argument. Now a well thought out thread with points as to why guns should not be banned would be good and I would actually like to read it but if someone is going to post yet ANOTHER thread calling for bans on items that are a necessity, I will give my reasons why it is BS.

These threads are absurd for a reason. They are called reductio ad absurdum arguments. That means "reducing to the absurd", to show the argument when taken to the logical outcome is in fact..

absurd.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Good points

But unfortunately gentlemen I would love to keep this debate going but I have to pick up my son, will probably have to feed him too, thank god I won't have to go hunting first

Cheers for the banter

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Meanwhile cigarrettes and alcohol continue to decimate entire populations of people (i.e. hundreds of thousands every year) and they're isn't even a peep as to what we should do about that. (i'm not saying we should ban them, just making a point).

The whole gun-ban craze right now has been partially orchestrated. They don't want to do it to protect people, they just don't want americans armed with knowledge, guns, and critical thinking

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
Crazy people do crazy things. Knives and cars are not a hot issue, so you're going to get people saying,"It's not the same". But, yeah, it is. A person intent on doing harm will use whatever is handy. It's not the tool, it's the person using it. But, anti gun folk just lump us all together.
edit on 14-2-2013 by DAVID64 because: spelling error

Yes a crazy person intent on doing harm will use whatever is available to them. That's why most of the crazy people here in the USA like to use high powered rifles.

Considering rifles are used for 4% of gun crime in the US, I'd say you're wrong on that one.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

edit on 14-2-2013 by dave_welch because: double post

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by furono

Better yet, and in following with liberal doctrine... Sue the automaker for misuse of their product causing injury, then sue the manufacturer of the cutlery, THEN sue the steel manufacturer for making materials that enable automakers/cutlery manufacturers to build their dangerous products, THEN sue the coal/iron ore mining companies for mining the raw materials that they then supplied to the evil steel establishment...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join