It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings from a grateful One.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Hello everyone, I'm glad to finally get the chance to introduce myself!

People know me as a person who is constantly preoccupied by researching and most of the people I know consider me as that guy they know who think way too much. All the time.
Personally, I find that the majority of the population don't think half as much as they should about bigger things in existence such as; where are we from? What is the Universe? Who or what created it? How can I exist? Do I even exist?

So I'm very grateful that I stumbled upon ATS because here there are so many different perspectives and oppinions and an abundance of fascinating topics to discuss and reflect upon and that, well, I just can't get enough of you guys.

Honestly, ATS is like the Holy Grail of the Internet.
When I first got here it was like I walked into a room where every single person in it was discussion theories and everybody wanted answers and the truth!

You know how you talk to someone about the Internet and they go on to saying something like;
"Yeah man, the Internet is awesome dude it's like this huge web of information and you know like it should be completely free and I agree and like you know like the news and wikipedia and ****"?

And I guess I agree with them but I wouldn't count news sites and wikipedia as reliable sources of true information but then, you discover ATS and you're like "hm, what is this?" and start snooping around in the conspiracy section, mysterious section, breaking news forums and then it suddenly hits you;
This is THE best source of information, knowledge and consciousness in all of cyberspace!
Hundreds of thousands of curious and intellectual and intelligent minds at the same place discussing THE most important subjects and topics known to man! This place is extraordinary!
You guys realize that ATS is exactly what the Internet is about, right? This site fullfills the purpose of cyberspace (almost) perfectly! A collective of minds and perspectives bringing knowledge and truth forward for everyone to see!

Hm, I was going to introduce myself but all I can talk about is you guys.
Perhaps you needed a reminder anyway.
I am ABeing. I consider myself to have awakened much thanks to ATS.

I'll leave you with a story that I wrote this morning;

"The Lonely Thoughtful Lamb

The shepherd walks into his corral and smiles at his lifestock.
"Here ye go sheep. Have some fodder", the shepherd said.

The sheep ran to the shepherd and ate the fodder from the dirty ground.
"Lovely, lovely fodder. All we want is fodder", said the herd of sheep.

The shepherd was content but in the corner of his eye he saw a lone lamb gazing out through the fence.
He stepped over to the lonesome lamb and said;
"Why little lamb, are ye not joining the others and have yerself some fodder?"

The lonely lamb was silent and sighed a wanting sigh.

The shepherd was confused.
"Ye must eat me fodder so ye grow big and strong little lamb", the shepherd said.

The lamb did not reply so the shepherd grumped and walked out of the corral.

The ram of the herd had eaten first and was content with his meal.
He saw his little lamb by the fence and walked over to keep the lamb company.

"What is wrong my child?", the ram asked nicely.
"Nothing is right", the lonesome lamb replied.

The ram laughed condescending and said;
"Why tell me what is wrong then little lamb, because I eat fodder to be strong and swift, have flock to carry on my seed and fence to protect us all from wolves and it seems alright to me".

"Strong and swift and together we are but protected we are not", the lamb told to the ram.
"Who is after me herd? Tell me who ye seen!", the ram said and stomped the ground in fury.

"He enters our corral every day at dawn and noon and walks about", the lonely lamb replied.

The ram was silent a long moment and then he laughed out loud;
"Master shepherd? Ha! Ye silly lamb get out of ye mind and go eat some fodder".
He turned around and joined the herd and shouted;
"It tastes of oats and wheat!"

But the thoughful lamb did only want a taste of being free."

Thank you.
edit on 14-2-2013 by ABeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Gaussq

Thank you! I'm looking forward to reading it and expanding my knowledge when I get home from work!
edit on 14-2-2013 by ABeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ABeing

Welcome to ATS, my experince here has been rather enjoyable. I was snooping on a lesser website (GLP) comparable to ats when I stumbled on ats. And since then I aint looked backed.

You are right when you say most people tend no to ? and are content with the status qou outside ats and even some here are content, but the majority of members are great and more or less united to deny ignorance (the site motto).

Great story btw you should make it longer and polish it up, it reads like an Aesop fable. There is a writer forum here fyi.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenJack

Thank you! Yes, one definitely gets the feeling of a strong community here and the majority of the users seem open-minded as well! Hard to find in the outside world.

Thanks for pointing out that there's a writers forum! Hadn't noticed that before!

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Great intro
Welcome to our little madhouse

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Hello, nice to meet you! Welcome!

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Thank you, I enjoy the welcoming!
Although, I do believe many in here are more sane than they dare to believe, in this little madhouse

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Welcome To The Community

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

What are P F K W S
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
How to Upload Your Pics & Avatars (also) Need a custom Avatar?
Your Terms and Conditions Of Use (also) Reaffirming ATS Policies

Try Ask ATS to find numerous threads to add your thoughts to now. Once a minimum of 20 posts are made, you'll be able to create your own threads & send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Thank you very much! I will read them all in detail today!
I am humbled, honestly. This place is more important than one would imagine at first glance!

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ABeing

Welcome AB...

Hm, I was going to introduce myself but all I can talk about is you guys.
Perhaps you needed a reminder anyway.
I am ABeing. I consider myself to have awakened much thanks to ATS.

Glad you're awake...keep in mind, being independent from group think is a plus, despite the short term benefits.

Cya in the trenches.
edit on 14-2-2013 by facelift because: kill an o and relace it with an i

top topics

join