Are We The Solution Or The Cause?

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Do you hate a certain group of people? Does a certain sect of the population just make you want to go out, buy a walking tall stick and just start decking people?

Here’s a secret: We all feel that way.

Personally, my beef is globalist, bankers, extremists of all kinds and a variety of others I have not the time, nor intellectual will to name.

Here’s another question.

Do you actively campaign, AFK or online against these people?

I DO!

Do you actively seek to treat these people as less than human and do everything in your power to anger, troll and otherwise be a nuisance?

Sometimes I do.

I’m here to tell you, that the above behavior is wrong.

I don’t care if you dislike gays, the religious, cops, teachers, lawyers etc. What I do care about is treating people with the dignity and respect that every human deserves at the base level.

You may judge a person by their actions. Anything else and you are participating in the same nonsense that you are railing against. I won’t bother discussing the myriad of threads that have let me to feel like writing this thread is not only venting on my part, but a general public service announcement.

I’m all for debating. I’m all for shoving somebody’s ignorance, up their own pie hole. Hell I actively seek such debates and conclusions every time I log on. I’m simply getting tired of the holier than thou attitude that WE as a community have been subjecting ourselves too.

I’m guilty of it, you are guilty of it, and everybody’s name that is going to appear below mine is guilty of it. Just who do we think we are? It’s starting to feel like a bros club in the conspiracy theorist community.

If you don’t talk a certain way, think a certain way, know the right things and ask the same questions, you’re a fool. It’s almost like now we expect people to come to the table with their ideas, beliefs and questions already formulated and dug in.

Why are we so jaded? What has caused use to create an atmosphere where people are ALIENATED from the truth and run head first into lies and propaganda? To me the answer is presentation. It’s how we interact amongst ourselves within this very community that is the real problem.

We often thing we are isolated from the WWW in this little niche we’ve carved out for ourselves. The truth is that we are the most popular alternative website on the net. Millions of people read ATS and are influenced by the content they read here.

So what I’m trying to get across here in this little rant is that if we don’t change the way that we behave, the attitude of those we are attempting to ‘educate’ are going to be more and more hostile.

We ask for legitimacy in the media and in a lot of other sectors. We want inclusion of our ideas and our concerns. Well, I have to tell you, we are acting pretty damn separatist about it.

:/

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Do you hate a certain group of people? Does a certain sect of the population just make you want to go out, buy a walking tall stick and just start decking people? Here’s a secret: We all feel that way.

Here’s another question. Do you actively campaign, AFK or online against these people? I DO! Do you actively seek to treat these people as less than human and do everything in your power to anger, troll and otherwise be a nuisance?

That would make a great KKK brochure!
I'm sorry. You have a really good post. I hate to make fun of it, I couldn't help myself. Just one sentenced removed and that comes off totally different.
S+F though, you have a good post.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I hear you.

You'll laugh at me, but I had to "unfriend" someone on Facebook recently (yes, I'm on Facebook - don't judge. I own a business). I wrote a big long goodbye message. I lately realized we have nothing in common, and everything he says is an invitation for me to be snarky because he is such a douchebag.

I feel very judgmental right now, but at the same time I feel right. It's better that we're not friends. There are certain extremely hateful people that I just can't abide and I don't think I should have to apologize for that.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by otherpotato

You did exactly what you are SUPPOSED To do, ignore the dirty troll

There are far more effective ways of getting things done that arguing with the insane

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I just realized this thread was posted on valentine's day... and I know it's been awhile but I had to follow up:

So the person I unfriended did not even realize that I had unfriended him until a couple of weeks ago (that should say something about our "friendship" right there.) I learned through the grapevine that he posted this big long sob story about it. Also that I was one of "those liberals" who claims to be all into equality for everyone but that I was proving myself to be extremely judgmental.

What he couldn't seem to understand was A) most people don't even take the time to give a courtesy message, they just stop talking to you, and I was actually going out of my way to be nice about it, which I thought said something. And B) being tolerant and open-minded doesn't mean you're required to be in love with the entire world. Just because you think people have the right to act like douchebags doesn't mean you have to like said douchebags.

What I had to explain to a mutual friend of ours was that I could not continue to be his friend because he was a hypocrite. Hypocrites are the one type of person I truly cannot stand. For example he made a big show out of not having sex before marriage. Nothing wrong with that - can totally respect that. But then he would have no problem accepting other "services." Sooo God says you can't have sex before marriage he totally digs BJs? Please. He would also chastise us every time we would post something on his wall that someone in his family might see and "take issue with." As if to say "we're friends I just can't be seen hanging around with you." Okaayyy...

At any rate, I realized more and more that I was starting to truly despise this person and that I enjoyed making fun of him. I can't be friend with someone if I feel compelled to make fun of them. Thus my reason for ending the friendship. Which apparently was the wrong thing to do - I should have continued to pretend to be his friend. because that's what people do. Whatever.

I have no idea why I felt compelled to post this update. I guess I just wanted to get it off my chest! Plus I thought this was a good thread. I was surprised more people didn't chime in. Maybe they just aren't ready to admit how they really are.

new topics

join