It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S Marine that stood up to New York cops is on SURVIVOR - Caramoan Fans v Favorites, which premiere

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Well, Cochrane won it fair and square. Congrats to him.

What did everyone think of Boston Rob's new book on his rules on how to win Survivor?

As I posted before, this game morphs with every game and so do the rules, but I suppose some basic rules would still apply, in the beginning of the game.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Yay for Cochran. He deserved it.

He is so well spoken that I couldn't see him losing once he got to the final. He will make a good lawyer.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Sherrie has 3 homes, and numerous businesses...nah, she's pretty loaded, and given what she said at the final tribal, obviously the jury was well aware of this at some point on the island.

At first, I wondered if Cochran was going to make a bone-headed move and bring Eddie vs. Dawn. Had Dawn not backstabbed Brenda, she may have had a shot at getting votes...but after that, Cochran would have had to be crazy to not bring her.

I still think Cochran's advantages were WAY too much in those challenges though. I get having an advantage, but not one that completely skews it. Still, he played an awesome game, and as he said, timing was the key.

I LOVED Brenda's move to get some payback and have Dawn take her teeth out....CLASSIC!
And it was great to see a coattail rider (Sherrie) get called out on it so completely.

I'm still trying to figure out the Brenda preggers bit though....did they really not know who won for 9 months after filming???

So "Blood in the Water" for next season? My guess, is that there will be pairs of contestants, both family members, one on each starting tribe. This interesting twist would negate the advantage in the merge trend I think (or at least has that potential), and also could thwart a lot of alliance building.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

He is so well spoken that I couldn't see him losing once he got to the final. He will make a good lawyer.

Yep, he definitely owned that final speech. He had to have been having an inner laugh as his castmates buried themselves, while he praised his fellow contestants.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

What did everyone think of Boston Rob's new book on his rules on how to win Survivor?

It seemed more like rules for living, based on it, but loved the interplay between him and Phillip.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
Yay for Cochran. He deserved it.

He wants to be a writer, not a lawyer. Now with the winnings ($600,000??) he can do whatever he wants to.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Let's face it, if he afforded Harvard Law, it isn't like he was hurting for money in the first place.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Let's face it, if he afforded Harvard Law, it isn't like he was hurting for money in the first place.

I once met a newbie female lawyer, who told me she owned $300,000 tuition. So, who knows how much he may owe.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

True, but he lives in Washington, DC, arguably one of the most expensive places to live, and went to one of the most expensive schools around. If he isn't loaded, then he's certainly working the system well.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

True, but he lives in Washington, DC, arguably one of the most expensive places to live, and went to one of the most expensive schools around. If he isn't loaded, then he's certainly working the system well.

Well, I can believe that because he knows how to work systems well, as seen in Survivor.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Yeah, I wrote that before I saw the reunion show. Still, he acknowledged he has the "gift of gab," as he put it, which is what I am talking about. Where other players fumble with words, he is articulate and convincing in his arguments. If I'm picking a debating team Cochran is my captain.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

What'd you think of Malcolm's acting debut? Let's hope he uses some of that $100,000 for some acting lessons, hmm? Good looking kid, but man...that was some bad acting.
And I'd love for the guy to succeed. His reactions were priceless during the finale.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

What'd you think of Malcolm's acting debut? Let's hope he uses some of that $100,000 for some acting lessons, hmm? Good looking kid, but man...that was some bad acting.
And I'd love for the guy to succeed. His reactions were priceless during the finale.

I'm sure alot of young women didn't even notice his bad acting. I also think Reynold is a very handsome man as well, I wonder what he'll get up to.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte

Yeah, I wrote that before I saw the reunion show. Still, he acknowledged he has the "gift of gab," as he put it, which is what I am talking about. Where other players fumble with words, he is articulate and convincing in his arguments. If I'm picking a debating team Cochran is my captain.

Yep, and at the final tribal he was extremely nervous. He didn't react much or say anything when they handed him the cheque.
I wonder if he had all the money spent already.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Yeah, terrible acting for sure! Hahahah. It was embarrassing me just watching that.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
all in all, i think it's pretty hilarious the biggest, strongest dude to set foot on the island (Shamar) went down with an injury and had to be removed from the show.... and the scrawniest, palest, "out-of-water" nerd won 4 individual challenges and took home top prize.

you've got to love that!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

I don't know what it is about Survivor and African Americans, but the candidates they choose, seem to often be lazy around camp, opinionated, and unable to handle the harsh conditions (and even quit). It really does nothing but perpetuate a stereotype. At least Phillip wasn't as lazy this time, and crazy as he is, at least he represented well, I think. Shamar was almost painful to watch. This guy was a marine?! Man, I hope his boys give him some flak for it.

My stepson is dying to get on the show. I wish I could encourage him, but a) he mumbles softly instead of speaking, b) he is a typical teenager (and so convinced he knows EVERYTHING, which will annoy his castmates to no end), and c) while intelligent, he has NO understanding of social dynamics, teamwork, or psychology. Still, I'll support it, but I have no delusions. I'd do it, but no way could I be out of work for that long. (and some of those physical challenges would kick my butt).

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

James was good. I liked him. Bill Posley too. I don't think it's a race thing.

edit on 16-5-2013 by TheComte because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

If I recall correctly, they made some changes to the rules that if you quit, you are barred from anything Survivor and unable to use the name in any public speaking, etc. The majority of actual quitters of the game are white, but then people have quit for many different reasons other than laziness or not being able to hack it (such as a mom dying of cancer, an injury, etc.).

I was searching for something listing the perceived "laziest" Survivor contestants, and came upon this quip about Mark Burnett (producer):

"He's accused of being racist by editing his African-American 'Survivor' contestants to appear lazier than they really are."

Maybe it is all in the editing, but there has to be something there to edit also. My beef is that these folks were chosen above other applicants, who may have represented their demographic better.

(James is a GREAT example. He's the kind of guy they need to pick more often).
edit on 16-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Some may use the term 'lazy', but we are all forgetting about the strategy of conserving one's strength for challenges (food and immunity).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join