It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S Marine that stood up to New York cops is on SURVIVOR - Caramoan Fans v Favorites, which premiere

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
As predicted, Reynold got voted out....but the surprise was in the second tribal council of the episode...Eddie is STILL hanging in there, because they all saw Andrea as a threat. Since she's ON the same team as those who have shown time and time again, that they will vote for the idol, just to get rid of it, she was an IDIOT for not playing it. Sucks to go home with an immunity idol around your neck, because you were stupid.

Personally, I would have targeted Eddie, but if my own, then Dawn or Brenda as anyone else but Eddie will lose to them in the final tribal vote. Eddie has the most friends on the jury, and a good shot at immunity, they were stupid to make this alliance splitting move before tanking him.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I'm still rooting for Cochran to win.

He seems to be in a good position.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I've been watching Survivor too, it's the only reality program I can watch because of the strategy and human interaction component, plus the challenges are interesting, in that, you really never know who excels in which skills.

Anyway, I think they had better target Brenda next, because she is a formidable challenge and she is quite expert at keeping under everyone's radar, as well as being well liked by everyone.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

I'm still rooting for Cochran to win.

He seems to be in a good position.

I don't doubt he'll be in the final, but he'll have too many enemies on the jury to pull off an overall win. My bet is Brenda to win it all.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Guess my bet was off. They did Brenda pretty wrong last night. Truly a shocking tribal council. Eddie is still there! They must be crazy. He has nothing but friends on that jury. I guess they feel like they can get rid of him at any time. He seems to suck at endurance challenges, so they may be right....but if he can win going forward...or stay low while the others keep targeting themselves....he may just get it.

Other than Eddie, Dawn is in the best position. My bet is that most of the jury sees Cochran as the mastermind. Sherrie and Eric are both staying under the radar pretty well, as needed votes to get out the "strong" players as they go after each other.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
So, because Sherry and Eric are under the radar, one of them will most likely end up in the final three. Just my 2 cents. I think Eric is very much underestimated.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Let me first say that I believe Survivor to be a very elaborate gameshow and like all gameshows, winning money is the object of the game. That said, Brenda's reunion with her father, and what she said to him, had me in a puddle. I echoed Jeff's sentiment when sharing that this was his first experience becoming emotional during the family-reunion segment. I admired her so much for saying that to her father, and I can't begin to imagine how proud he must have felt when, despite her obvious affection for her family, she proffered supplemental reunions for 2/3 of the remaining survivors at the behest of her own needs.

Voting her off was, well, heartbreaking. My heart broke for that sweet girl who, without a moment of hesitation, weighed the numbers of people reuniting, and upon determining she was in the minority, handed the fruits of her labor to the majority. I sincerely hope that, given time, she heals from this social experiment. By the same token, I hope she gives Dawn a nervous breakdown with her feedback during the jury questioning session. She dove trying to locate that moron's teeth! She counselled her through not one, not two, but three freaking fits rivalled only by Chucky himself. I have it in for Dawn. This is another Survivor first for me. Next episode, she better lose those fake teeth again.

Did any of the players voting her out consider how this move could hurt the way in which they would be perceived at the final tribal? I was in a bit of shock, and can't recall what the jury looked like after that vote. Brenda was well-liked, and hadn't offended anyone. Her ousting may very well unite the jury against all but Eddie. They better pray that Eddie doesn't get immunity. It will be their deathknell.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

By the same token, I hope she gives Dawn a nervous breakdown with her feedback during the jury questioning session

Lets face it, won't take much to get Dawn to crack. She's always been an emotional basketcase.

If I were Brenda, my last words would have been, "I'll get the jury on your side Dawn!" (knowing it would paint a target on her head for the next tribal council). If Eddie can avoid being the target while they go at each other, he's got nothing but friends in that jury.

No doubt, Cochran and Dawn will be trying to go for each other next. If Eric, Sherrie, and Eddie just bide their time, they'll be in like Flynn.
edit on 9-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

If I were Brenda, my last words would have been, "I'll get the jury on your side Dawn!" (knowing it would paint a target on her head for the next tribal council).

Diabolically brilliant - I love this idea.

After reading a follow-up with Jeff yesterday and hearing him assert that the winner of the family challenge is never, ever kept in good graces, it will be interesting to see how lessons learned or solidified during certain seasons will permanently alter strategies. Interestingly, he mentioned that he could see anyone winning, save Sherrie. And although you're right about it not requiring much to break Dawn, this would be the first time I'd watch it and thoroughly enjoy it. I have to really have it in for a person before I take any form of pleasure in watching them suffer. I felt really sorry for her when she lost her teeth in the water.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

After reading a follow-up with Jeff yesterday and hearing him assert that the winner of the family challenge is never, ever kept in good graces, it will be interesting to see how lessons learned or solidified during certain seasons will permanently alter strategies

It's a good point. Looking back, I can see that. If I ever go on Survivor, note to self, NEVER win the family challenge. Perhaps that's why Cochran and his mom barely made any effort to win it...

To be fair though, it was smart to get rid of her, but not at the expense of Eddie. If Eddie wins the next two immunity challenges, he has won the whole game. Granted, he hasn't shown that he can...but he has to be analyzing this, and knowing it...and that has to give you some extra drive.

Interestingly, he mentioned that he could see anyone winning, save Sherrie

I wonder why he singled her out? Other than being completely on the bottom of her alliance, but that could be a good thing, when the heads target each other, as Cochran and Dawn are like to do next week. I actually think it's Sherrie's or Eric's game to lose, if they can get rid of Eddie, and keep Cochran and Dawn at each other.
edit on 10-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Then again, it always seems that the underdog (in this case Sherrie) becomes the swing vote, hence a VIP and not voted out.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

Exactly. Other than Boston Rob's near perfect game, the other recent winners have been that very underdog. Unbelievably, Phillip was on his way to nearly duplicating Rob's game...but in the way that he's the perfect guy to be sitting next to in the finale, then the Three Amigos struck a pretty strategic blow. Unfortunately, the numbers were still against them though, so Malcolm and Reynold were quick to go to the jury.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Exactly. Other than Boston Rob's near perfect game, the other recent winners have been that very underdog. Unbelievably, Phillip was on his way to nearly duplicating Rob's game...but in the way that he's the perfect guy to be sitting next to in the finale, then the Three Amigos struck a pretty strategic blow. Unfortunately, the numbers were still against them though, so Malcolm and Reynold were quick to go to the jury.

It's obvious that copycatting previous winner's strategies doesn't work. This social game, requiring real survival strategies both physically and mentally, has to be played on a day to day basis. As seen at that historical tribal council, even replayed and restrategized in any given minute. Maybe that's why "it's anyone's game".

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Especially since the remainders are pretty equally matched, if in different areas. Even if Cochran and/or Dawn get to the finale, it is hard to see any jury member voting for them though. Those two were (after Phillip's exit) the architect of all of their demise. Whomever is third, is just not as hated by the jury.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Ah but there you have it wrong, they are not equally matched, specifically Dawn and Sherrie have a weak hold on their emotional state, and Eric is withering away due to lack of food. Cochrane and Eddie seem to be handling the physical and mental hardships better than the rest, and this is what counts if you want to win food and immunity.
edit on 10-5-2013 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

reply to post by Gazrok

Guess my bet was off. They did Brenda pretty wrong last night. Truly a shocking tribal council. Eddie is still there! They must be crazy. He has nothing but friends on that jury. I guess they feel like they can get rid of him at any time. He seems to suck at endurance challenges, so they may be right....but if he can win going forward...or stay low while the others keep targeting themselves....he may just get it.

Other than Eddie, Dawn is in the best position. My bet is that most of the jury sees Cochran as the mastermind. Sherrie and Eric are both staying under the radar pretty well, as needed votes to get out the "strong" players as they go after each other.

There is no way Dawn wins after what she did to Brenda. Brenda will go back to the jury and spill how she stabbed her square in the back while Brenda wasn't trying to turn on anyone in her alliance. The jury usually doesn't like complete back stabbers to one of their very best friends...Brenda dove in that lake to get her damn teeth for gods sake...and Dawn just back stabbed her.

Dawn is by far my least favorite person on that show, I hope she gets blind sided and cries for days.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
In my opinion, Eric, Eddie, and Cherie should strike an alliance and go to the final three.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DistantRumor

Dawn is in the best position for going to the finale, but not to win. As mentioned, the jury hates a backstabber, and that was a pretty fierce one. In a way though, Brenda's decision also robbed Dawn of seeing her loved one too, and that was probably what made her turn so quickly. Those 3 (Eric, Eddie, and Sherrie) should team up to eliminate who they want though, but strategically, either Dawn or Cochran are good to take to the finale as neither will likely beat you out for votes.

I really want to see Eddie win it, but he has to survive two more tribals to do it, if I recall. I just hate that whole "split the vote" crap, and I really hate seeing anyone from that alliance win. I hope future Survivors go back to the rocks idea, to avoid that rather crappy strategy (smart, but crappy to watch).

I read Jeff's followup also, and it seems something happens that changes the game (and it sounds to me, like a medical evac or something).

Also, I thought Sherrie looked and smelled of money. Turns out I was right...

41-year old Sherri is not hurting for cash, especially with three homes worth an estimated $2 million. The family currently lives in Bosie, Idaho and those six franchises she owns includes two Wetzel’s Pretzels, two Jimmy John’s sandwich shops, a Cinnabon, and a Haagen-Dazs.

Now I can see why Jeff says she can't win. If the Jury knows this, she'll never get the votes.
edit on 10-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I read Jeff's followup also, and it seems something happens that changes the game (and it sounds to me, like a medical evac or something).

If I had to put money on it, I would say Dawn with a mental breakdown.

And yes, Sherie always acted wealthy...she just always had that aura to her that it really didn't matter to her what happened and that she always thought she was in control, even though she wasn't.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DistantRumor
reply to post by Gazrok

If I had to put money on it, I would say Dawn with a mental breakdown.

And yes, Sherie always acted wealthy...she just always had that aura to her that it really didn't matter to her what happened and that she always thought she was in control, even though she wasn't.

Just because her home is worth $2M doesn't mean it's paid off.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join