It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S Marine that stood up to New York cops is on SURVIVOR - Caramoan Fans v Favorites, which premiere

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
It's always about what we DON'T see though.... from what we saw, there was little to support the vote we saw at tribal. Oh well, at least it made it unpredictable.

That team got rid of it's two weakest links though, so should be an interesting next challenge. And from appearances, if the Faves go to tribal, Brandon has the biggest target...

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
What can you say about the last episode? Brandon is a flake. I'd be surprised if he didn't have some kind of mental illness.

But Phillip is an smug idiot too. I know I wouldn't be able to stand the guy if I was there. I wish Brandon would have at least tried to swing some people against Philip instead of melting down the way he did.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
No surprises here really....I think Brandon is actually Bi-Polar... I'm surprised they didn't pull him out last time, the way Jeff kind of did this time. There is a big clause in the Survivor contract about physical altercations outside of challenges...it's as bad or worse than quitting the game, financially.

Brandon thinks he's his uncle. He's not. Russel had a PURPOSE for the things he did, and those things got the desired result (and got him further in the game). Brandon's actions do just the opposite. This move by the tribe and Jeff is just shy of a medical evac for being nuts.

I'm betting they do a tribe mixup (not a merge), next week, to shake up the strong alliances (and winning streak of the faves). Reynold picked a good time to get that immunity idol again. The mixup will also give a good excuse to give more rice and beans to both tribes. (to make up for Brandon's tantrum).

Phillip's days are definitely numbered with a mixup...but there are plenty of weaklings to cull from the herd first. That one girl on the fans (skinny, dark hair, no camera time) for one....Cochran for another. Then, there are the sneaky ones, like Cochran and Brenda. The Sandra Bullock look-alike isn't long for the tribe either. I see Dawn going far though.
edit on 14-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

It was kind of hard to watch Brandon for exactly the reasons you stated. I felt as if I was watching something meant to transpire behind closed doors - not on television.

Since Survivor staff failed to perceive the issues Brandon has, I believe it is incumbent upon them to restore the food supply to his former tribe. Not restoring it is the equivalent of letting a player lay on the ground bleeding after their teammate stabbed them during a psychotic break. I'm not sure if he is bipolar, but he is definitely in need of assessment and support.

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

Thing is, this was evident last time he played too. How his family didn't recommend counseling then is a mystery to me. I get they thought it would make for good TV, but I think Jeff and the execs finally realized they could be filming a murder one night if they didn't get him out of there. Jeff was like a stern daddy reigning Brandon in...he's the man, hehe...

posted on Mar, 14 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Jeff definitely deserves some applause for some amazing people-skills! I doubt I could have navigated that landmine with equal finesse. He even did what he could to preserve what little honor remained of Brandon's.

As much as I dislike television, I sincerely enjoyed Jeff's talk show. I'm so disappointed that it's been taken off the air while Steve Harvey stayed put. Shoot...I feel a rant brewing...

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I've read a lot of the Survivor books, and I really can respect Jeff's skills, a lot of which, we never see when watching an episode. I also love how he goes right for the jugular these days...."(So and So) is absolutely worthless in this challenge!" I love it! And the way he calls people out in tribal council....classic Jeff!

He did a great job with Brandon...played him like a violin, really...but then, Brandon isn't really the sharpest tool in the shed, now is he?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I'm betting they do a tribe mixup (not a merge), next week, to shake up the strong alliances (and winning streak of the faves)

Hehe...called it!

Of course, in doing so, they accidentally created an even STRONGER tribe, putting all of the challenge champs on one tribe. This showed in the challenge, where that team just killed the other...

Tribal though, was a surprise. Paranoia of the idol seemed to be the rule, and the strategy of getting those two to vote for Julia in case Matt had the idol, was actually pretty brilliant (no doubt that was all Corinne's doing). Still though, I would have axed Julia. She's so boring this is the first episode we ever even saw her!

My guess is the producers will make next week's challenge far more mental, to try and give the older tribe an edge. I think the time is ripe for either Phillip or Corinne to make the big move and try to get out their rival. Of course, the other guy and Julia will have zero reason to trust them after this week.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The advantage one tribe has over the other is almost shameful.

Younger? Check
More fit? Check
Better looking? Check
Higher morale? Check
20:1 muscle ratio? Check

But on the plus-side, watching Philip induct new members makes for wonderful television. They should sincerely consider the Philip Show after this run. Each week, he could induct a new member into Stealth-R-Us who later beats him like a pinata. Philip could then declare them "strong enough for a promotion". He'll be 302'd at some point...

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Probably sooner than later. I think Corinne is a much more savvy player than Phillip. Chances are, they'll lose the next challenge, go to tribal, and each will see it as an opportunity to get rid of the other.

They may go the safe route, and wait until only the gay guy remains of that former tribe, then both try and flip him, but I think they're going to try and seize it next week.

It is fun to watch Mr. Pink Underwear though... I think he's actually delusional enough to believe his own BS.
edit on 21-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I'll admit to feeling a bit self-conscious on more than one occasion when laughing at Philip. I suppose it's a similar kind of self-consciousness we all might feel when realizing we've laughed at the expense of someone who is disabled. I feel very conflicted in laughing at a man who is clearly unstable. However, I also realize that sometimes there is a very thin line between those at the precipice of sanity, and those who have clearly jumped over the edge, sans bungee cord. So I tell myself that Philip is the rare mix of the two, having lost his sanity while steadfastly tied to the lip of the canyon by a bungee.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Just wait until he sees his name come up in tribal on a voting slip....hehe... I'll wager he then goes over the line into full-blown crazy town...

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Yay, Cochran. He downed those disgusting foods like a champ.

I think Dawn finally realizes that you can't wallow at the bottom of the ladder and expect to win the game. I hope so.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I've always found Malcolm a bit awkward, despite his success in challenges and forming alliances. With that said, he just about shocked me with his move at tribal. In a contest of weight between Saturn and Malcolm's testicles, the former would be left to console its rings. It will be interesting to watch whether Reynold determines that it was his buddy Malcolm who wrote his name down. I like to think Reynold can figure this out, given his name appeared on only one card.

I'm hoping the coming weeks will consist of a really tough competition between these two. Philip cannot be expected to be the sole injector of interest this season. Oh I forgot - Dawn is cuuing up for another breakdown. So we'll probably watch Malcolm leverage that against her, given her wishy-washy whining and how she tanked him in this last vote. Malcolm is definitely turning me into a fan of his awkward conniving ways. Just wow.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Didn't seem like Malcolm's alliance worked though....and he wasted an idol. Still, after Corinne, I can see why (and at least he used Reynold's idol)

His secret idol is definitely an ace in the hole though. If anything, Malcolm should have known better than to trust Dawn with his plan. This was Corinne's downfall too. Dawn is just going to go right to Phillip and the rest. Now, Malcolm's alliance is down another member, so that plan is pretty much out the door.

He can't count on Dawn, Phillip, Cochran, or Andrea. His only plan is simple. Win Immunity, use the idol to protect Reynold (while getting the faves to vote for him), and have his alliance vote off Phillip.
edit on 12-4-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I guess I was wrong. Dawn still hasn't realized anything.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

Nope, she's still playing it safe. She has to know that NOBODY wants her sitting next to them for the final vote, right? To be honest, if I was Corinne, I don't think I would have plotted against Phillip. He's the PERFECT guy to be next to in the final, as nobody will vote for him.

The producers have to do something to change these next easy votes though. I think they plant seeds to purposefully weaken alliances, to avoid predictable votes. Unless someone pulls off a big move, the next 3 votes are easy to guess.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Phillips is gone! Congrats Malcolm, on a play worthy of both Russell Hantz and Boston Rob! Using two idols to effectively make only your minority voting block count....genius!

Of course, he's still down in the numbers, but there is some low-hanging fruit of the other alliance, if he can swing one or two.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Yes, great move by Malcolm. And Philip is gone, thank you! Great tribal council.

Just watching this week's episode. Cochran licking peanut butter off the girl's fingers = hilarious! I thought that was so funny. And kudos to Andrea for taking the rice and beans.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Too bad for Malcolm though... Can't believe neither Sherrie nor Erik flipped. Erik had already flipped on the Phillip vote. They have to know they are on the bottom of that alliance.

Malcolm should have targeted Dawn, she's the better target as NOBODY wants to sit next to her in the final. With Phillip and Corinne gone, Dawn is running the alliance along with Cochran. Brenda has almost NO game this time, which is weird, as last time she was very strategic and smart. Andrea is under the radar.

Eddie and Reynold are screwed. Unless one wins immunity and the other finds the idol, one of them is going home next. Andrea now has free reign to find the idol that Malcolm didn't.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join