It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was just interrogated by cops as a show of power

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitaminQ
I hope we are not the next HOT NEW TERRORISTS

Well the ones I've seen are just Hot (good looking hot) Didn't even consider the terrorist part.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I think most of you are missing the point here. She's wearing a GUN, a BADGE, and HANDCUFFS. She might be five foot tall compared to the OPs six foot and change, but she's got by far the intimidation factor going.

She has the full force of the other local on-duty officers at her beck and call if things get 'out of hand'.

There are questions she may have a right to ask, such as 'license and insurance card please'; perhaps, 'have you been drinking', but after that, her 'curiosity' doesn't count. Even if the OP has an accent, his country of origin, or his parent's COO, is none of her Effing business.

This whole 'there's terrorists everywhere' thing has to stop. How many peaceful Muslims and Spanish speaking people have been demonized by this whole 'aliens and terrorists' meme that the Republicans cooked up? It's witch-burning, revisited, and has the exact same mentality about it. It's evil.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus
Im very critical of police, but there is no reason not to simply be polite in a routine situation.

I think the main problem is that people don't read.

I was polite, I politely said I don't want to answer the question, the Cop is the one who decided to push it

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikku
why didn't you just tell her if it wasn't a big deal? you showed her you have a bad attitude and she treated you accordingly.

there was no bad attitude on my part

Just a citizen standing up for his rights, strange now a day it seems from half the responses.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
I think it was sort of an arrogant thing to do. Sure, they get paid hourly ...

Cops have to deal with some real scumbags every day. The best way to deal with police is to be respectful and calm. If you haven't done anything wrong, behaving in such a way 9 times out of 10 will result favorably and you'll be on your way in no time.

I don't see it that way

A line has to be drawn, these COPS along with the boys in CIA and so forth don't care about your rights one bit

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
I wouldn't call this an interrogation at all. I have been interrogated before (long story) and I can safely say that you were not interrogated by this officer. Around here being a jerk to an officer will more times than not get you a ticket for something totally unrelated to the original stop.

I was not a jerk to the Cop, not at all.

I was like Jesus LOL.......passive resistance

Hey Next time I will say, I will anwer your question if you answer mine.

I am from Finland, AND YOU MY DEAR LOOK IRISH, so shall we have tit for tat

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retikx
Oh you poor tortured soul...

Frog in boiling water is what I would describe you. You either recognize the trend, or you don't

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
It would surely have to be based on the attitude of the officer at that time.

From the op it sounds to me that she was asking a question without malice. But without being there, no one else can determine the demeanour of the officer.

If it was an accusatory query, then I'd be right up there with the staunch attitude in defiance of having to answer any irrelevant questions. but if it was just to pass time, and be informal.. then to be defiant is where the problem starts.

Depends, but as the result shows, she did nothing to administer a special kind of justice to the op, so I don't see if as a show of power at all. She probably just went home that night counting how many bleepers she had to deal with that day.

Had she got you out of your car, searched you, your car, detained you for 12 hours in a hot tank office and threatened to do it over and over because you're attitude was unwarranted.. that's a show of power.

"Go, drive safe."

My boots!!! Oh My boots!!!

I agree she could have made it worse, and yet you would excuse that too it seems.

I am not very optimistic about our future America. Not at all.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I'm sorry but judging by your attitude there was nothing wrong with her response. Infact, out of the two participants in this conversation, you were the one trying to wield some kind of power, I would say you were angling for some kind of retort from her so you could exercise some right. I'm not the biggest fan of cops but a routine check doesn't warrant the attitude against her. My guess is you have a problem with authority and created an unnecessary situation.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Di0nysis
I'm sorry but judging by your attitude there was nothing wrong with her response. Infact, out of the two participants in this conversation, you were the one trying to wield some kind of power, I would say you were angling for some kind of retort from her so you could exercise some right. I'm not the biggest fan of cops but a routine check doesn't warrant the attitude against her. My guess is you have a problem with authority and created an unnecessary situation.

I think you got it completely wrong.

I being polite declined to answer a question which is my right.

A cop decided to make a Fuss about it and kept me for 30 minutes drilling, saying things like driving is a privilege

but I guess haters are gonna hate

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I don't understand the phrase 'driving is a privilege'. I would have had an argument right there and then.

I would also have a problem with a random stop...depending on the purpose.

In this country 'UK' we have to pay for driving lessons and pass a test...not cheap.

Pay for insurance, road tax, mot...yearly.

And some smart mouth tells you that it's a privilege'

Being a cop is the privilege...someone needs to remind them.

edit on 14-2-2013 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
They have no business asking. They get nosier by the minute. It's happened to me before and I did the same, declined to answer as it was not their concern. A friend was pulled over in Mississippi and had the same thing happen. Asked where she was going. She said Louisiana. "It's a big state, where in Louisiana?" None of his business. Asked the same question when he asked where she was from. He already saw her license, but gave her the same "big state" question again. None of his business. Legal license, tags, insurance and inspection. I can't help but wonder if it would have been the same with in-state tags or if she'd been white.

They overstep because most of the time they get away with it.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
When she asked you where you were from, she was probably just making polite conversation and planning to ask you out on a date for dinner and a movie but you blew it with your attitude.

Your response should have been...."I'm from Finland and even though I'm a fat white guy, I'm well versed in the finer points of love making" "may I stroke your pistol and restraint apparatus"

Female cops love that kind of talk.....trust me!!
edit on 14-2-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

When she asked you where you were from, she was probably just making polite conversation and planning to ask you out on a date for dinner and a movie but you blew it with your attitude.

Your response should have been...."I'm from Finland and even though I'm a fat white guy, I'm well versed in the finer points of love making" "may I stroke your pistol and restraint apparatus"

Female cops love that kind of talk.....trust me!!
edit on 14-2-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

Im with you on this one, he screwed his chances on a hot date with a laidy cop.
edit on 14-2-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Hi,
A curiosity happened as I read your OP;

After not reeking of alcohol, (drunk-driver-checkpoint) but upon receipt of your documents you were told to go park so they can do a more thorough background on you?

So these checkpoints aren't specifically for stopping people from driving drunk, it's to take certain individuals aside so they can be further scrutinized?

No offense, but I've never heard of a fat Finn. Saunas having been originated in Finland?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus
Doesnt sound like a "show of power" at all. Maybe she was just curious... Im guessing you have an accent. People who are not familiar with it, are curious about it.

The way youre describing the story, the whole attitude thing seemed unnecessary. She didnt ask you "whats in your trunk", or "show me the contents of your glove box".... You were not threatened with a taser or a pistol; it wasnt a "show of power"... it was just a simple question probably out of curiosity, that you seemingly blew way out of proportion.

Im very critical of police, but there is no reason not to simply be polite in a routine situation.

edit on 2/13/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

Well if it is routine now to be stopped on your way to get a burger and asked questions by police for no reason there may be a problem and an ever escalating deterioration of our rights going on here.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Why did you challenge the cop, you could have just told her which country you were from.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
So many pick up lines you could have given her after she asked where you were from.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by VitaminQ

You know, they are human, right? Just because they strap on a gun and wear a badge doesn't mean that they are some kind of robot.

It's always easy to villifiy someone with more authority when you're looking up from the bottom.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
OP...what if she was trying to be friendly...or dare I suggest... flirtatious?

She could've thought, for some reason, the overweight nerdy guy is right up her alley....until ya acted like a douche

Enjoy forever alone lol

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join