It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Dream...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Ok, just so you know before I get into this, i'm not really that spiritual nor am I that religious but something occured the other night and i'm started to question what on earth it actually means as I know some people have theories on the fact dreams "mean" something...

What does it mean when you see and speak to a dead person in a dream, in my dream my deceased father was actually alive, but, I knew in the dream that he was supposed to be dead as I thought It was real life, but couldn't quite figure the @#$@ out how he was in front of me and talking to me, it was the most in depth dream I've ever possibly had and now I feel physically and emotionally drained... I do not know why or how this has happened but it's the first ever time it has, if someone could help me out, would be very much appreciated as it's been on my mind constantly and I preferably don't want to make my brain think on overdrive as it'd just make it worse for me.... Just to let you know aswell, there wasn't really a key message, it was just like a really really long conversationg with him as if we were catching up... going through life, girlfriends, football (soccer for some of you) and just other random things that I would have generally talked about with my Dad... Anyone have any suggestion .

P.s I've previously posted this in Science as I thought it could technically come down to some Science or whatever... but please, opinions and what it might mean?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
maybe he misses you.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I have had a very similar dream before about my father. He passed away in 2004. In the dream we were talking just like in your dream. We were talking about everyday things, nothing special. Also, in the dream, I knew he was dead, but it felt so real.

After the dream I woke up, and I instantly felt that deprived feeling, as if somehow the dream should have lasted forever just so I could talk with my father again. I don't know what it means; I'm sure it is just the fact that we miss them terribly. Even though time goes on, we never stop missing them. We get used to that void, we don't get over it.

I don't have any advice to offer. But, just know that there is at least one person here who knows exactly how you feel, brother.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeramie
I have had a very similar dream before about my father. He passed away in 2004. In the dream we were talking just like in your dream. We were talking about everyday things, nothing special. Also, in the dream, I knew he was dead, but it felt so real.

After the dream I woke up, and I instantly felt that deprived feeling, as if somehow the dream should have lasted forever just so I could talk with my father again. I don't know what it means; I'm sure it is just the fact that we miss them terribly. Even though time goes on, we never stop missing them. We get used to that void, we don't get over it.

I don't have any advice to offer. But, just know that there is at least one person here who knows exactly how you feel, brother.

Literally everything you just described is exactly what happened during mine, I knew he had passed but just couldn't put my thumb on what was actually going on, just normal everyday conversation,I don't know at all, was just a little freaked out and have felt very mentally, physically and emotionally drained, my father passed in 2007 I was 13 at the time, I don't feel as though I had fully grieved though as I don't think my young mind was able to process it all but only in the last 2 years has it actually dawned on me... :c Thank you, it's appreciated, Brother.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by raj10463

Please can you ellaborate on this? you've kind of baffled my mind?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by spilly911

Last dream I had with dead relatives, my Grandma and my pet dog who had died gave me a very important message. The impending death of my mother(obviously I didn't pass it on at the time). Seems he may have something to tell you it must be quite important.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Dreams about death can have different meanings. They may suggest that you are feeling guilt, fear or some change is taking place in your life. Dreams are metaphors for things taking place in your life.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by spilly911

It means you're missing him alot because he is dead, so much so that you have dreams about talking to him like he's alive.

top topics

join