It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Body found in cabin likely Dorner....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
If this has already been posted as a thread, then I apologize and ask the Mods to close or delete this thread.

I have been reading reports that the corpse in the cabin that was the scene of the standoff between Fugitive Ex-Cop Chris Dorner and Authorities is likely that of Dorner.

The reports I have seen state that the assumption is based on the size of the body and the fact that Dorner's I.D. was found as well.

I realize that this is a long-shot, but what if this is simply a convenient ending for the situation? What if Dorner has escaped and in order to maintain some semblance of control over the situation, Authorities have said that Dorner is most likely dead?

If Dorner was as well versed in tactics as he claimed, is it out of the realm of speculation that he managed to escape with his life?

I'm not saying that I believe that he escaped, but I'm not one to blindly accept the statements of the government or its agencies as gospel. I don't believe that the Authorities are above doing something just such as this in order to attempt to save face.

If Dorner was to resurface without being caught, they have plausible deniability by blaming a shoddy autopsy or something of the sort in the hopes that Dorner will disappear himself seeing as how he supposedly has already attempted to escape to Mexico.

I'm just thinking out loud here, and I haven't been privy to all of the information available in the story, but I could see how this scenario could be plausible.

What do you guys think?
edit on 2/13/2013 by ProfessorChaos because: typo

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I guess he could have taken a hostage of his likeness, shot him set the place on fire dropped his id on him and scampered off into the woods. We definitely wouldn't be told of this type of scenario. Too scary and embarrassing. It's pretty fuzzy in its entirety.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Well in that scenario we would have a missing person that just happened to have been in the area where dorners body was found.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LizardSlicks

Exactly, or (stay with me on this one) what if the Authorities planted a patsy corpse with the i.d. in order to cover the escape up and calm the public down?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Yes, his charred body was found, right next to his fire proof drivers license that had his name clearly printed on it for everyone to see

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Read they have supposed to have found his wallet and ID yet they found it last week somewhere else as well! Bit like what happened in the twin towers when they found ID from the supposed hijackers.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Yes, thank you. A little too convenient...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
So the Police set the place on fire and only believe that it is "likely" the charred body found is Dorner's?

Why am I not surprised?

On an unrelated note, ProfessorChaos, I want your avatar and username
That's what I named my dog and my Skyrim character, lol. Consider me jealous

edit on 13-2-2013 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Merinda

Strong point but if we are to speculate for the sake of speculating, not everyone has a family or friends to report them as missing. People can be dead for months before anyone notices or does anything. Or we have the OP ProfessorChaos' theory of a patsy. I would say it's all possible. And yes how does a drivers license not melt or at the least become totally illegible in a fire that chars a body beyond positive identification? We will be told what they believe is best for us. Fist sized thermometer the old fashioned way.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Nice...I wonder if the same special agent was used to plant his ID like they did for Mohammad Atta.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

If the fire was burning as hot as the claim, so hot that they couldn't go inside and investigate for many, many hours afterwards .... how on Earth did an ID card survive that?

If they did use M-14 thermite grenades, it would explain the intense, residual heat that the spokeswoman mentioned last night. Paraphrasing, "It's still much to hot to investigate".

As someone else mentioned in response to my thermite incindiary grenade theory, water and thermite is a bad combination. This also might explain why they didn't bring the fire truck up from it's staging area sooner.

If they just were to report that dental records confirmed it was Dorner, it would be much more believable to me than the insane coincidence that a plastic ID card managed to escape the brutal heat of that cabin fire.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The more I think about it, the more the whole thing begins to stink and considering the outcome and how things seem so neatly tied up, I find it difficult to buy at all.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Can teeth survive a thermite based fire? Thermite burns at 4500 degrees fahrenheit. I would think only ash would be left with no identifying remains at all.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I actually think this guy was the second shooter in the Sandy Hook massacre.

I bet i'm the first one to tie those two together but why else would the police be after him so much.

I bet he wants to blow the whistle and come forward so they actually shot those people they said that Dorner did to frame him and give him chase.

It all makes sense.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Cremation temps are around 1800 °F I believe. So, if that is correct, the teeth would not survive 4500°.. Yet another convenient coincidence.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Double post.

edit on 2/13/2013 by ProfessorChaos because: Double post

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Good point, perhaps this lends creedence as to why they had to fabricate the "ID" found in the fire. They couldn't ID the body, so they just claimed they found his ID to make it an "open and shut" deal.

top topics

join