It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Hole in Russia

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

That drilling to hell thing was a complete hoax.

Hoax

Nice thread op, very interesting indeed

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
IT has to be something that people in power do not want us to find out about. If it was just another peace of land people would have found out about by now. I believe its some kind of military base, that the Russians don't want us to see.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

Russia has it blocked in the same way small areas of other nations are blocked, as true image hounds will know by stumbling across them. VAST areas of the U.S. used to be blurred in terms of interesting stuff and after 9/11? Basically anything of interest for someone to attack. Since Obama, that eased dramatically and I can now just about count roof sections on the White House or hull plates on Ohio Subs tied up at port. Either example used to be blurred beyond being useful for anything but vague images.

As to why they'd cooperate? Russia is a big country ..BIG...country. They have much that every major image provider wants and needs. Access..among other things. Google wants electronic market access and Google car access for street view? Well...just blur these coordinates and it shall be granted. Something like that is how I figure it happens across all services at the same time.

As someone else noted there though.... Seek deep and go into the other side of the net and the truth shall be revealed. Just don't look too hard for answers one may not actually want in the end. This may be one of those examples. Just sayin'.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Could be an environmental blight they want to keep down low...

Since there are other mining operations in the area

This could actually make sense... Isn't there alot of toxic byproduct involved with certain kinds of mining? Radioactive material and whatnot? I remember hearing about radioactive material being brought up with those "fracking" operations. Perhaps this blurred area is some kind of cheap toxic dump?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

Are you implying that ... what exactly is it you're implying? That Darknet has some classified satellite imagery? I'm honestly intrigued. I never really had a use to go exploring 'down there', but if information like that is available... Please, tell me more =)

I can't say for sure that this information would be down there but I would be willing to bet money that one could find details. But you have to be very very careful because of the illegal activity you can accidentally come across. I would not wander unless you are experienced. Don't let the curiosity get the best of you.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by WanderingThe3rd

As someone else noted there though.... Seek deep and go into the other side of the net and the truth shall be revealed. Just don't look too hard for answers one may not actually want in the end. This may be one of those examples. Just sayin'.

Why the cryptic notes about the "dark net"? Some of us are at work and unable to load up Tor and go hunt for stuff. Just search it, grab it and post it up bro! This is ATS after all, lets see the evidence from the Darkside of the 'Net.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

What does that even mean??? Vaugue offers of "sights unseen, never to be forgotten... if you dare" go back to the earliest days of carnival hucksters through the history of mankind. Often it's all a hoax, with the story always being better than the outcome or punchline. So what of that statement? You've been? You've seen? If so, what?

Look, I'm not attacking you, but internet boogie man tales only frustrate and annoy me.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Looks to me like a nuke test facility, old or new, they still want it hidden away.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by LatvianGuy
Looks like there has been a mess up. Russia is too dense with all these bases, you know. :d

It seems that the photos shown are from an anonymous military site in the Moscow Oblast, not the far far away land of NE Russia.

One of these links should be the original one, because they contain the most pictures. Also it seems that there are atleast two bases depicted.

zhigane.livejournal.com...
vadimb.livejournal.com...

Ahhh nice find, it is very possible those photos came from another abandoned Russian Millitary complex. I came across those photos a little while ago when researching the odd blocked out area myself, at the time they seemed to fit the bill... I will look into that further.

And Zaliv Kresta translated means Border Bay or something similar atleast. May be a referrence to the gigantic bay near by.

I believe that's exactly what it's in referrence to.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Well the first thing which is apparent is that this site is not "somewhere in Russia", but on the utmost edge to the East close to Alaska. I bet 99% it's some sort of IBCM missile site, there is no reason to speculate anything else BUT that it's some military site.

HOWEVER - the real mystery is how comes that OUR (Western) images sources are blurred? I didn't even know that Russia has this authority to tell us what to show and what not?

SOMEONE has cut/blurred this area by request of Russia (which, IMO, is already noteworthy to mention)...and if someone cut/blurred the area out this means logically also that someone (in the West) KNOWS what that area is. (Respective, where this request to blur came from)

edit on 14-2-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
Hit the underground web and you'll find your answer. Beware because what you see down there is disturbing and that's saying it nicely.

give me some keywords.... I am "down there" very often

link   
reply to post by ArchaicDesigns

You get the prize...

It would appear to be some sort of Unknown ICBM Facility which is currently not in use.

Thanks for the work to bring some up close and personal pics of the place (if its that place). I think anti - missile missile site is closer to home. That truck mounted radar is pointed level, the first place incoming warheads would be spotted as they rose over the horizon. Those firing tubes look to house "Patriot""sized missiles instead of intercontinental ballistic types. That would require more fuel load, they would be larger in dimension.

Looks like a Russian Defensive missile shield location. We have those, right? In Eastern Europe?

link   

Originally posted by flexy123
Well the first thing which is apparent is that this site is not "somewhere in Russia", but on the utmost edge to the East close to Alaska. I bet 99% it's some sort of IBCM missile site, there is no reason to speculate anything else BUT that it's some military site.

HOWEVER - the real mystery is how comes that OUR (Western) images sources are blurred? I didn't even know that Russia has this authority to tell us what to show and what not?

SOMEONE has cut/blurred this area by request of Russia (which, IMO, is already noteworthy to mention)...and if someone cut/blurred the area out this means logically also that someone (in the West) KNOWS what that area is. (Respective, where this request to blur came from)

edit on 14-2-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

Well that seems simple to explain .. the western military would already be fully aware of those sites, especially if it's an abandoned ICBM base which another poster even included pictures of ( seems that's probably the case ) .. go back several posts and you'll find the photos and information that they included.. So the west would cooperate in blurring it out to keep civilians from trekking up there to explore this old abandoned base if asked...

The post was by ArchaicDesigns and is on page 3 by the way... the coordinates match those that the op provided.. and physical photos from the ground are shown.
edit on 2/14/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArchaicDesigns
Awesome thread OP! I remember coming across this mysterious "Blacked Out" spot a few years ago when it was making a little buzz on the net and ATS, so I decided to do a little research at the time...

Appearantly it is called,

The source of this information was the Russian Airfileds Website ...The site was shut down Nov 2007 (suspicious?) and this information came from the Internet Archive last active page Oct 13, 2007. (I think this was also mentioned in the older ATS thread, I could be wrong)

-- Snipped Photos to prevent post from being too long --

It would appear to be some sort of Unknown ICBM Facility which is currently not in use.

There are no actual sat images anywhere on the net of the site that aren't blocked out to my knowledge...

Also wanted to add that Lake El'gygytgyn is an important site for scientific research on climate change and is located in Chukotka, as is the village of Uelen, the closest substantial Russian settlement to the United States.

Hope this sheds some light, I think I have some more info floating around...

EDIT: After 1945, Chukotka remained a military zone, packed with troops readied for any potential invasion of nearby Alaska. The move away from the harsh excesses of Stalinism brought voluntary workers to the region, attracted by high wages and privileges. When communism finally collapsed it only brought more troubles and hardships to Chukotka. Most of the imported Russian labour fled, and the indigenous people were left in poverty, unemployed and unable to go back to their pre-Soviet way of life.

I think this is the most plausible explanation =) kudos .. and I like the photos of the site.. the coordinates match exactly with the site mentioned by the OP.. this should be case closed I would think

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This is a good read about the hole to hell.

www.truthorfiction.com...

There are many of these holes scattered throughout Russia. Many are man made, but the origins of many are still unknown.

Eta. Meant to hit reply to you AresJedi.
edit on 14-2-2013 by Scholarly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Flyingclaydisk

I just don't find it odd that a country has something they don't want seen by other countries and the technology to prevent it. Especially Russia. It may be fun to speculate what it is they are concealing, but it is not odd at all.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by larphillips

I'm the second to mention it...Why me for the focus?
I know.. I'm likely to actually explain anything, right?

ATS seems touchy on this topic so I am circumspect in how I approach it to touch on it. The T&C about criminal activity is what applies, I think, and I just about understand that since the top levels of Deepweb are generally based in that side of society.

Anyway... to be real simple and as much as I'm going to say...Look up Tor, look up Deepweb and go from there. It's one of those Matrix like things. No one can tell you what Deepweb is. You really DO have to see and experience it to understand it. I sure did...and it's not being coy. Any words just don't quite do justice to what represents MORE online material, as a whole, than the Openweb Google and Bing know anything about.

One warning though, and this IS a sincere, honest and heartfelt warning....not hyperbole or B.S. to sound cool. Deepweb IS the wild wild west of the world's electronic frontier. There IS no law. There IS no enforcement and there IS no "right or wrong" as it's really respected down there.

You WILL see things you never wanted to and you'll never be able to get out of your head. If you explore at all down there..you will come across some things like that.

You'll also find things like this Russian site ..and several MORE, by the way, which Mr. Tesla wouldn't need explanation to fully grasp and understand the purpose for, from the outside. China has some sites as well...and if anyone things Gakona, Alaska is a unique project? Well... Seek deep my friend. The truth is out there.....it's just in a REAL bad neighborhood.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this. Been interested in map anomalies for a while..
This one is rather interesting with it being blurred/cut out from other map websites etc.

s&f

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Question: If it truly is some sort of a military installation (old / new) why would it be obscured when vitrually all Russian nuclear submarine bases are in full view with high resolution images of boomers tied up in their moorings? Same goes for numerous Russian ICBM sites that you can find in hi-res all over Russia on Google maps? Nuclear research facilities, Russian area 51 like test centers, chemical weapon storage facilities...all in plain view.

Why would this one area be obscured when you can plainly look at all that other stuff?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Flyingclaydisk

Why indeed...... I don't see any roads to or from that location either? I see creek beds or dry river beds but I don't see roads? (Kinda like a couple spots in Colorado...but I digress)

Why block it out when we can count deck plates on Typhoon submarines at their sub pens? Well... perhaps what they have built there is, by necessity of design, so unique and obvious by the layout and construction......one wouldn't need more to understand what it was?

I have my own guesses but two possibilities would be Scalar Artillery, as it's known in the plans I've seen around or perhaps Russia made it's own "Super-Gun". Some may recall Saddam almost did have one built for him by a Canadian. Everything from low earth orbit launches to insanely long distance artillery are supposed to be theoretically possible with those? Either case would be obvious with nothing more than an overhead view?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join