It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Black Hole in Russia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Flyingclaydisk

Maybe, some military secret, or similar, some camp?
Maybe location of Aurora (Aura Ora, Aura Sun/Earth)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I think someone mentioned in one of the previous threads there was an abandoned military airbase in the area.
Would make sence to blacken it out if they used it for some new purpose nowadays.

I also always wondered how this all works - so a MIB comes to a satellite-owning company and says: "Hey, you! Yeah, you! I need you to blacken out this area on the map. No time to expalain!"

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Anyone els noticed this straight line in the upper area of the smudge?

edit on 14-2-2013 by Jauk3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

There seems to be something there. What it is, I have no Idea.

Looking careful once down the mountain there is a snowy road going south west and one possibly going north east.
edit on 14-2-2013 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

Well you've found a clear pic of the area and nothings going on. So that's that right? Solved? Maybe all the old pics were based off 1 bad image?But I hit the bowl a little early this Valentines day so Maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by evilcommunist
I think someone mentioned in one of the previous threads there was an abandoned military airbase in the area.
Would make sence to blacken it out if they used it for some new purpose nowadays.

The military base referenced in the earlier thread is that of Anadyr which is quite a ways south from this location. It was an incorrect reference. Incidentally, if you look further south to Anadyr you can see the base in question...in very high resolution. It's along the coast just north of the airport (across the inlet).

I looked into that reference in quite some detail during my initial research.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Interesting. I didn't catch that when I looked at it initially. Can't really make much out from it, but interesting none the less. I had not seen image before today.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Well if Abramovich is involved it's probably a long rectangular trench were he buries all his enemies....That guy is the real Blofeld...

Dont tell him i said that...his tentacles are far reaching

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Flyingclaydisk

From one of your maps, I rotate the image and..... a strange circular object seem emerge from the mountain and its shadow...

An hidden Russian UFOs Base?

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Awesome thread OP! I remember coming across this mysterious "Blacked Out" spot a few years ago when it was making a little buzz on the net and ATS, so I decided to do a little research at the time...

Appearantly it is called,

The source of this information was the Russian Airfileds Website ...The site was shut down Nov 2007 (suspicious?) and this information came from the Internet Archive last active page Oct 13, 2007. (I think this was also mentioned in the older ATS thread, I could be wrong)

Aslo taken from that site,

Here are some photos from an anonymous on the scene at the site...

It would appear to be some sort of Unknown ICBM Facility which is currently not in use.

There are no actual sat images anywhere on the net of the site that aren't blocked out to my knowledge...

Also wanted to add that Lake El'gygytgyn is an important site for scientific research on climate change and is located in Chukotka, as is the village of Uelen, the closest substantial Russian settlement to the United States.

Hope this sheds some light, I think I have some more info floating around...

EDIT: After 1945, Chukotka remained a military zone, packed with troops readied for any potential invasion of nearby Alaska. The move away from the harsh excesses of Stalinism brought voluntary workers to the region, attracted by high wages and privileges. When communism finally collapsed it only brought more troubles and hardships to Chukotka. Most of the imported Russian labour fled, and the indigenous people were left in poverty, unemployed and unable to go back to their pre-Soviet way of life.

edit on 14-2-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Hit the underground web and you'll find your answer. Beware because what you see down there is disturbing and that's saying it nicely.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Roman Abramovic?

The one who owns Chelsea Football Club? He is a rich man and made his money though oil i think, but there are rumours that he is connected to the Russian Mafia.

link   
reply to post by ArchaicDesigns

Great job digging up solid info on the site (w/ pictures)

Star for you...

link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

Are you implying that ... what exactly is it you're implying? That Darknet has some classified satellite imagery? I'm honestly intrigued. I never really had a use to go exploring 'down there', but if information like that is available... Please, tell me more =)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
my question is.

How would Russia be able to block this area out of all the pictures? Wouldn't they have to ask to do it. I mean, they didn't create google and all these satellites and stuff right? So wouldn't that mean someone is helping them block out this spot?

From what i've noticed just taking a brief look (sf&f btw, this is the kinda stuff i joined the site for) the block 'smudge-n-cut' under your google map link has google map ads all over it, no where else though, so you know it was done on purpose, at least i'm speculating.

I mean this is what bugs me about this... because i know someone can see it, they're just choosing to not let us.
Can you get property protected by certain laws that it has to be cut out like that?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jauk3
Anyone els noticed this straight line in the upper area of the smudge?

edit on 14-2-2013 by Jauk3 because: (no reason given)

they didn't just blur it, they actually CUT IT OUT, thats why there is a straight edge

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Honestly though, i really just find this pretty funny.... i alone could photoshop whats ever there to make it look like noting is there, so why can't they?
edit on 14-2-2013 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I wouldn't exactly say it's odd.. militaries and governments can get areas removed from google maps. Why is that strange to you guys? Usually it's done with a bit more secrecy, eg. copied and pasted trees, so you'd never think twice. Maybe this one they got lazy... ;p

Here is a list of a ton of those areas:
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 14-2-2013 by MurrayTORONTO because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Looks like there has been a mess up. Russia is too dense with all these bases, you know. :d

It seems that the photos shown are from an anonymous military site in the Moscow Oblast, not the far far away land of NE Russia.

One of these links should be the original one, because they contain the most pictures. Also it seems that there are atleast two bases depicted.

zhigane.livejournal.com...
vadimb.livejournal.com...

Also I found a satellite image from FlashEarth of the 350+ sq/km mystery region that depicts what seems to be a legit picture. But after comparing that to a satellite picture from Google Earth or any other source, it's obvious that another layer has been smudged in

By far this link tells the same story: www.thelivingmoon.com...

And Zaliv Kresta translated means Border Bay or something similar atleast. May be a referrence to the gigantic bay near by.
edit on 14-2-2013 by LatvianGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MurrayTORONTO

I believe we just are all very curious to what is there.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join