It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

so *THIS* is why the pope resigns! [from the new york times!]

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
hi all.

So *this* is why the pope is resigning!
from the new york times.....
www.nytimes.com...

VATICAN CITY — Just days after Pope Benedict XVI returned from a 2010 trip to Britain where he met the queen and mended fences with the Anglicans, prosecutors in Rome impounded $30 million from the Vatican Bank in an investigation linked to money laundering.

In May, Vatican gendarmes arrested Benedict’s butler on charges of theft after a tell-all book appeared, based on stolen confidential documents detailing profound mismanagement and corruption inside the Vatican.

But after a seemingly endless series of scandals, the 85-year-old who so ably enforced doctrine for his predecessor, Pope John Paul II, seemingly came to understand that only a new pope,....... In the end, Vatican experts said, he decided he could best serve the church by resigning, a momentous decision with far-reaching implications that are still not fully understood.

“It wasn’t one thing, but a whole combination of them” that caused him to resign, said Paolo Rodari, a Vatican expert at the Italian daily newspaper Il Foglio. Clerical sex abuse scandals battered the papacy relentlessly, erupting in the United States, Ireland and across Europe, all the way to Australia.

I guess a combination of old age and a huge huge rotten-at-the-core Vatican Apple, had him give up.
One of the reasons why I like the new york times; articles like this one.

maybe the Malachi prophecy about "Peter the Roman" being the last pope, has little to do with end times, it might only infer that the Vatican itself will be dissolved as an institution with power!

freestone
edit on Wed Feb 13 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: ex tags IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
A bunch of Devils in silly costumes is all they all are.

Devils.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the next pope is the last.. This religious entity is about done..

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing a different perspective whether it is true or not. It's like they think the general public are dumb and unaware so they used his age as an excuse for his leave thinking we would not think anything of it. But in all reality it's so obvious that it is more than his strength and age, because not one pope has resigned in over 600 years!! You become a pope and you are one until you go to the grave, THEN you choose the next one, not vice versa.

Anyway star for you as I am unable to flag due to my minimal posts and being a new member.

Peace and love

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Every time I see him in those ridiculous robes, I think of Mark Twain's comment, 'Beware of Enterprises Requiring New Clothes'.

He shoulda added a caveat for 'ridiculous male evening gowns, holy staffs, monster crucifixes (symbol of torture, y'know), fancy kissable rings' and the rest of this pomp, circumstance, and corruption.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the next pope is the last.. This religious entity is about done..

I wouldn't count on that. They're "too big to fail".

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
It also appears that he was about to be served with an arrest warrant for crimes against humanity by a European country and an international tribunal...

Pope Resigned To Avoid ArrestWarrant And Seizure of Church Property By Easter

edit on 13-2-2013 by wearewatchingyouman because: clarity

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

I wonder if they actually do worship the queen spider at the Vatican like on South Park LOL.

I just saw that episode for the first time and I had a pretty good laugh.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by wearewatchingyouman

Tell me why you would believe any of that?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
hi all....

yes, I sort of knew all of this, what the Times had written of, but here it was, all in one place! I Feel his tiredness. corruption everywheres. Then he tries to "over-correct" the car out of control so that the car zips into the oncoming traffic, by trying to make a "too" conservative stance!
I can see why many Seers see how, soon, the vatican burns and even the pope killed. many assumed this will be due to war but perhaps it is just the people of Rome being so fed up with the vatican that they revolt and destroy it!

freestone

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

There are definitely prophecies about it.
Do you think it's along the lines of "end of the world" or just "end of the Catholic Church"?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
So that's why the Poop resigned

... oh, I mean Pope.

Such role models ... for those aspiring to corrupt, lie and go to "hell"

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Between the countless allegations of child molestation,
And the numerous scandles that lied within...

I'd say this regime is on it's last leg.

To think that billions of people worship these men.
Not even so much God as the men themselves...
The followers put so much effort into propping up their "Church".

If it does collapse, or end with one final pope...
I do believe the end of modern civilization is near.
The enormous effect it would have is unthinkable.
It would devastate entire nations, economies, and states alike.
Maybe it would be for the better.
But I always believe there's an agenda behind every crisis.

My guess, alot of powerful people are going to take full advantage of this.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
So wait:

The rc church is full of paedophiles, who are helped by those who aren't paedophiles, but are money launderers.

Do i understand that right?

Paedophiles and money launderers, how many RC churches do you have in your city?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
As i Have before.
 set in a catholic church in a prominent area of Louisville and the bishop of st thomas island was showing us slides of st thomas. Many poor people. We all had little golden envelopes at the ends of pews. We could allcome visit anytime after all we were gonna "HELP" the poor of St Thomas. At the end he told us the "church" ther not the clergy mind you had lost $500, 000. You see they had naively invested it with man named Bernie Madoff and we all know what happened then. It took everything I had to not interupt this service. Out of respect of my inlaws I walked out. 

I wonder what sad stories they will tell to recoup a $$30mil loss?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
As soon as I heard he was resigning, I suspected there was something else at the root of it and that we weren't getting the whole story. I knew it was only a matter hours before someone on ATS digs out the truth

Personally, I don't know what all the fuss is about over all this pope drama. He's just a bloke. And soon, yet another 200yo old fart will replace him and life goes on. I don't understand why the pope is hailed as some sort of descended Archangel everywhere he goes, - and what's worse is that he revels in it, so he obviously believes he deserves such adulation.

I believe in God. I believe God is inside us all and part of us, and is everywhere, and that is what I pray with, and to. I don't need no man-made churches to do it.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by freestonew
hi all.

So *this* is why the pope is resigning!
from the new york times.....
www.nytimes.com...

VATICAN CITY — Just days after Pope Benedict XVI returned from a 2010 trip to Britain where he met the queen and mended fences with the Anglicans, prosecutors in Rome impounded $30 million from the Vatican Bank in an investigation linked to money laundering.

In May, Vatican gendarmes arrested Benedict’s butler on charges of theft after a tell-all book appeared, based on stolen confidential documents detailing profound mismanagement and corruption inside the Vatican.

But after a seemingly endless series of scandals, the 85-year-old who so ably enforced doctrine for his predecessor, Pope John Paul II, seemingly came to understand that only a new pope,....... In the end, Vatican experts said, he decided he could best serve the church by resigning, a momentous decision with far-reaching implications that are still not fully understood.

“It wasn’t one thing, but a whole combination of them” that caused him to resign, said Paolo Rodari, a Vatican expert at the Italian daily newspaper Il Foglio. Clerical sex abuse scandals battered the papacy relentlessly, erupting in the United States, Ireland and across Europe, all the way to Australia.

I guess a combination of old age and a huge huge rotten-at-the-core Vatican Apple, had him give up.
One of the reasons why I like the new york times; articles like this one.

maybe the Malachi prophecy about "Peter the Roman" being the last pope, has little to do with end times, it might only infer that the Vatican itself will be dissolved as an institution with power!

freestone
edit on Wed Feb 13 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: ex tags IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

The Vatican is part and parcel of the Vatican city state which is an independant state, country.
It's hardly likely to dissolve itself !

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll
As soon as I heard he was resigning, I suspected there was something else at the root of it and that we weren't getting the whole story. I knew it was only a matter hours before someone on ATS digs out the truth

Personally, I don't know what all the fuss is about over all this pope drama. He's just a bloke. And soon, yet another 200yo old fart will replace him and life goes on. I don't understand why the pope is hailed as some sort of descended Archangel everywhere he goes, - and what's worse is that he revels in it, so he obviously believes he deserves such adulation.

I believe in God. I believe God is inside us all and part of us, and is everywhere, and that is what I pray with, and to. I don't need no man-made churches to do it.

I love these Catholic bashing threads. Where do you get the idea that we worship the man? And if he loved the attention as much as you say, why would he resign? The Pope, as we believe is God's spokesman on earth. He draws crowds not from his own charisma but due to the message. We worship God, not the Pope. It is what he represents to us that makes him important, not who he is. John Paul II was credited with ending communism but he gave credit to God and the people themselves.

Time and time again people make up things and claim all catholics think that way, from pope worship to worshiping the Virgin Mary. The church has some big problems, why make things up when you can criticise based on facts? Nevertheless, a Catholic I will remain.
edit on 14-2-2013 by steppenwolf86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by steppenwolf86

Originally posted by doobydoll

I love these Catholic bashing threads. Where do you get the idea that we worship the man? And if he loved the attention as much as you say, why would he resign? The Pope, as we believe is God's spokesman on earth. He draws crowds not from his own charisma but due to the message. We worship God, not the Pope. It is what he represents to us that makes him important, not who he is. John Paul II was credited with ending communism but he gave credit to God and the people themselves.

Time and time again people make up things and claim all catholics think that way, from pope worship to worshiping the Virgin Mary. The church has some big problems, why make things up when you can criticise based on facts? Nevertheless, a Catholic I will remain.
edit on 14-2-2013 by steppenwolf86 because: (no reason given)

882 The Pope, Bishop of Rome and Peter's successor, "is the perpetual and visible source and foundation of the unity both of the bishops and of the whole company of the faithful."402 "For the Roman Pontiff, by reason of his office as Vicar of Christ, and as pastor of the entire Church has full, supreme, and universal power over the whole Church, a power which he can always exercise unhindered."403

Vicar is a term that means to stand in as a substitute, in the place of. There is no substitute for Jesus.

Text891 "The Roman Pontiff, head of the college of bishops, enjoys this infallibility in virtue of his office, when, as supreme pastor and teacher of all the faithful - who confirms his brethren in the faith he proclaims by a definitive act a doctrine pertaining to faith or morals. . . . The infallibility promised to the Church is also present in the body of bishops when, together with Peter's successor, they exercise the supreme Magisterium," above all in an Ecumenical Council.418 When the Church through its supreme Magisterium proposes a doctrine "for belief as being divinely revealed,"419 and as the teaching of Christ, the definitions "must be adhered to with the obedience of faith."420 This infallibility extends as far as the deposit of divine Revelation itself.421

Infallibility means incapable of error. There is none perfect except Jesus.

These texts are directly from the Catholic Catechism. Sounds like they do elevate the Pope to the same status as Jesus.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join