It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Gear helicopter crash caught on camera

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Footage of a helicopter crash during the filming of the South Korean version of Top Gear has been released by the BBC.

A stunt race involving a Corvette ZR1 supercar and an AH1 Cobra helicopter on Top Gear Korea almost ended in tragedy when the pilot lost control of the aircraft.

The BBC has released footage of the moment that the helicopter crashed towards the end of the race and it shows the presenter rushing out of the car to help.

Despite the crash happening close to the film crew, no one was seriously injured.

The popularity of Top Gear has led to the programme being sold to 212 territories and four international versions have been made.

A similar stunt was safely completed in the original version of the programme by Jeremy Clarkson in 2008.

I don't know how many of you like the show Top Gear,but I've seen a lot of episodes, and the content they provide is usually pretty funny and engaging. Well, it appears that Top Gear Korea had a little mishap when doing their version of the show.

Video: The guy is driving a chevy corvette ZR1 on a air strip running from an AH1 Cobra helicopter, through the video you can see the helicopter right on the car until the end. When the car stops, the helicopter starts to turn around, but it looks like he didn't gauge his distance right, and smacks the Cobra into the ground. The BBC has released the footage, and can be viewed in the youtube video. Luckily nobody was seriously injured, but I'm sure the pilot had to change his underwear after that.

Source
edit on 2/13/2013 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I saw this the other day and was amazed he survived this crash. He could really handle that helicopter but took his attention away for a second and that's all it takes. Good footage though and glad he is ok.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Wow that is one lucky pilot , cool footage made better by the fact no one was seriously hurt

As for our Top Gear (UK) .... old and boring light entertainment now .

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
Wow that is one lucky pilot , cool footage made better by the fact no one was seriously hurt

As for our Top Gear (UK) .... old and boring light entertainment now .

I guess as for the pilot being unharmed, this is a testament to modern safety features put into these machines. Well cobras are rather old, but still it's amazing.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
That presenter may have stepped up, at the last moment, but he sure was dawdling along before he got out of the car.

I didn't know that car could travel so slowly!

new topics

top topics

join