It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Back; Strange Sound Phenomena Returns to East Tennessee!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

it's the inside of a stalagmite cut in half taken from a under ground cave
in Tennessee i think they said, maybe it was Indiana

yup,the more i read the more things are pointing to precurser indications of a
1812 eruption, and if you look at the rings of the rock there are 2 very close together,
compare that to the one marked and it could be possible we are looking at another big shake.

Thats true, there have been reports of strange lights in the sky's. hmm i'll have to research and
see just exactly when they show up compared to when the quake's happen.
good observation, i totally missed checking that aspect of it.

I agree, if this is what is causing it, it would be real nice to be able to show some kind of proof
so people can be warned. and if this is not it, then we are still scratching our heads.
Ya leaving now without knowing would cause major issues, some where around 12 million people
effected, that would cause a global problem, all the production stopped, transit of goods stopped,
would feel kind of silly if people left and nothing happened.
but sadly on the other hand, if this is it, and a big one dose hit, leaving wont be a option,
those not directly effected but in the area would be rounded up by the govt and moved for
their own protection.. or so they would claim.

its one of those darned if you do and darned if you dont situations. hopefully we can figure out
more and get a definate answer one way or the other.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
from what i have found so far, the lights wont help much, they are
reported to appear seconds to min's before a quake, so basically
if you see the lights, its time to tuck your head between your legs and..
well.. *lol*

ok more reading.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

You have done some great research!!!

Keep in mind that the New Madrid is over 350 miles away from Eastern TN. Memphis is the western part, Nashville the middle and Knoxville/Smoky Mountains the eastern side. Most people don't even realize we have our own seismic zone on this side of the state!

Just for a visual, the last 6 months of EQs

folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu

So there's New Madrid to the left and East TN Seismic Zone to the right.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

That is a telemetry signal as is the following one. It does not look like they normally look as CERI clips the seismograms but if you look at some of these you will see what they normally look like.

They are used to check the seismograph instrument.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

This is true, the New Madrid is a ways off from the reports, but there
are other fault lines running close to where the reports are, which had
me wondering, since they are all connected, whats the odds of the quakes
happening in other lines.

There is also a big fault line that runs up the east coast, and cut's through where you are,
this one has not been reported as having major eruption in a long time.
i'd have to do some digging again to find the links.

i did find the u.s. navy future map of the u.s. which was interesting,
blueskysunshine.org...

dunno, lots of research to go yet, there has to be a answer as to what is causing these
sounds. its just a matter of stumbling on the right conections.

edit on 14-2-2013 by severdsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I don't think the Eastern Seismic Zone has been studied too much because it tends to produce small quakes.

Here is an interview a professor at UTK did last year after the KY earthquake that was felt in the area (Knoxville TV station).

Please note!!! The title for the video is misleading by including "New Madrid", East TN is not the New Madrid area!!

Sidenote: I can remember back when I was in high school some preacher predicted a huge EQ for our area. I remember setting in class watch the time tick down wondering if was gonna happen, it didn't.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

I heard the sound last year in Nashville,Tn.Berryhill area.It sounds like trumpets
with some metalic sounds mixed in.It was around one oclock in the afternoon.Sounded
like it was coming from everywhere.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
This is very interesting!

I have long been fascinated by the anomalies that have taken place over there in your area.

So far I have mapped 5 Helio-sensors from the University of Memphis Morris Town node. The Morris Town node takes in Seymour and the direction to the Northwest. The closest Helio-sensor is Green Top at around 7 miles on G earth.

While each Helio plot has it's own personality (some neat and clean, some wild) I don't see a single event that matches the time and date. I am not saying that the OP's account didn't happen. I believe it did.

I will continue to try and map out other nodes around Seymour to try and encircle the town with plots.
Unless something striking jumps out... I am getting the impression that this is not a "Seismic" or "ground based" event.

Here is what I have so far. Placemarks A -F are the Morris Town node (mttn)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

Hi EvoBabe!

Thanks for linking the thread for us here.

reply to post by Ektar

I don't remember ever knowing about the magnetic range in the Appalachians, hmm, I wonder what type effects are produced by such a feature?

SeverdSoul's map is very good. It does form a sort of line, but also a circular shape too. I think we talked about this earlier, when Douglas Lake seemed to be the central point of the activity.

reply to post by thunder57

There are many machines for tunneling, with many different models/sizes.

I haven't really looked for it, but a friend used to talk about a tunneling machine that would use heat to melt the Earth as is passed though it. It would use the superheated earth on the back end to create the walls of the tunnel.

Reminds me of a movie named, 'The Core'

Not sure if the tunneling machine exists, but I do know there is one of them that does create the tunnel walls onsite, installing them in the tunnel as it lurches along it's path.

It's mega machines like this that make me wonder what else is real, but hidden from us.

reply to post by Rezlooper

Hello Rez!

I have to agree with you, everyone has done a great job of keeping an open mind, ruling nothing out, and searching for potential answers. It is what allows me enjoy ATS too. It's rare to find a place with members Like ATS.

Do you know if an explanation for the event you mentioned was given?

I am nost sure if it's in one of my previous threads, but there was a member who did a great job of building a witness report map. They plotted almost all of the locations where the strange sounds occurred. I'll go back and see if I can find it. Maybe we can compare Severd's plotting map and paint a better picture of where these events are being reported.
__

reply to post by Doodle19815

That national graphing map you posted is something I have never seen before. Hopefully it will lead us to some sort of explanation.

There is a cave in Kentucky, called Mammoth Cave . It has, or had, the world's longest cave system - It's known as The Mammoth-Flint Cave System.

KY also has a couple other caves. They are Bat Cave and Cascade Caverns State Nature Preserves

There are many in Knoxville too, but none are as popular the those mentioned above. We do have the
www.forbiddencavern.com...Forbidden Caverns Images of Forbidden Caverns

There is also 'The Lost Sea' near Middle Tennessee.

Haha, well I guess it's not funny if it happened, but I suppose seeing strange sky lights would be an 'Oh Shnap' moments! Time to break out the iced-tea and lawn chair, kick back and hope a giant chasm doesn't open up beneath you, =-)

reply to post by OneisOne

I like that thumbnail image you posted. You can see the activity and, pretty much, the entire SouthEastern Region.

I'm trying to catch up on some posts I missed, but want to say thanks again to you and all ATS members active in this thread.

I wasn't sure what to expect, but kinda thought we'd end up where the last reporting threads went. There is an account of the events in my other and a lot of good discussion and facts, but I don't think they had the varietyof this thread. You guys have done a great job so far, looking in several different directions and not rejecting it out-of-hand.

Also...
I remember the quake prediction way back then..... I can't remember the year, but it seems like either '86-'87 or '90-'91

reply to post by PuterMan

Hi PuterMan! Welcome to the show

Thanks for your reply and the link. I'm gonna have a look and try to learn some of these things. I hate the feeling of being ignorant in discussions where I just don't understand the context. It's not so bad here, but I definitely need to do some homework.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AbnormalTruth

We may have heard something different. What I have been hearing over the past year + doesn't have a trumpeting or a metallic sound. I don't know what your event may have been (typical, since I can't even identify what I've heard :lol
, but I wouldn't be able to assign what I've heard with the description you gave.

I've heard people report similar descriptions to yours. I believe there were similar events being reported all-around the world. Some of them were proven HOAX I think, while others remain unsolved. I wouldn't be suprised if the audible events we witnessed are some how connected... not much would suprise me after becoming an ATS member!

reply to post by miner49r

Hello miner and thanks for joining in.

I really have no solid explanation for the event, so I can't really can't answer why it didn't register.

EDITED TO UPDATE FACTS:

After looking a bit closer at the map, the Green Top Helios is not near me. I mis-judged the map's scaling, confused an interstate with a state highway. I must be at least 20miles from the GreenTop Helios

Anyway, thanks again miner!

edit on 14-2-2013 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I am still plotting Helios. I am about half way around Seymour to a distance out to about 80-100 miles away from town.

You mentioned the news was picking up on the event. Is it possible you could post up a link to the story? I would like to read more

Just a half baked idea here. Is it possible that someone could have been running a heavy cat or other tracked monster in your area? By the description you gave I am reminded of my concrete days and working around heavy equipment. With the proper ground conditions a working cat or other tracked monster can vibrate the ground for a fair distance.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I work at a bar in west knoxville and usually don't leave work till around 4am and I still didn't hear anything last night. The same goes for my friends in Oak Ridge. maybe the sound/vibrations are coming from west of morristown?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Ok Seymour Your Surrounded !!

I have plotted three different nodes, 22 different Helio plots. After looking at each one very closely I did find two events that registered around Feb 13, 3:45am EST.

As per map and legend, Lonesome Ridge (upper right) did have an event. It appears that it started near 4:53am and lasted for approx. eight minutes.

The second event occurred on Grandfather Mtn. at 3:22am EST.

Neither of these event lasted long enough or strong enough to produce the vibrations described. All the other plots look fairly clean. It appears that the news about this event is accurate. Whatever vibrations occurred were not not picked up the helio-plots.

I was hoping to be able to pickup on a long period tremor and trace it back to a point or region of origin. I would feel safe enough to say that this event was definitely not seismic based as a matter of fault/earthquake activity... and I would back that with a 12 pack.

With that said I am at a loss as well. Unless the source originated close to you, such as heavy equipment or some other form of machinery, it remains a mystery. Unfortunately I have exhausted my so called "expertise".

The only other possible theory I can come up with is some sort of atmospheric phenomena or manipulation. I am not a weather guy so can't speculate the possibilities.

Here is the legend and final mapping.

A's - Morris Town node (mttn)

B's - Hickory node (brbc)

C's - Athens node (athn)

And the map -

Sorry I couldn't help out any more than this... I was really hoping to find some answers.

edit on 14-2-2013 by miner49r because: Corrected link

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by thunder57
In responce to underground boring just look at all there is to choose from for the purpose: Link www.bing.com...

Thanks for that link. The technology has taken off. No question the concept is in practice. There is no reason to think smart planners of federal disaster prep (for the elite apparently) would not build underground bunkers.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by miner49r

Thanks for the effort. It will help in revealing the source, as we can pretty much see what has been ruled out and what hasn't. Unfortunately for me, I don't have enough education to know all the different resources available to search.

If these things keep happening, eventually we will discover the source, even if by process of elimination. I do hope that we can figure it out soon, especially if it is something that could cause harm to anyone in the area.

I'd really like to know what's going on with this, but I am perfectly happy being ignorant, if uncovering the mystery mean some will be hurt, injured, or have damage to their homes, etc.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Esteay I am curious, Did you hear or feel the booms that happened in Morristown on the 12th? Are there any reports in Seymour of the same as in Morristown?

I hopped over to the Morristown incident that happened on the 12th since I have a start on Helio plots and charts. I think I have an idea what they are, but need to exhaust all other possibilities first.

I hope you and yours stay safe and well, but I don't think there is huge worry in this.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Thank you so much for your reply. That was an interesting video as well
as the charts. Lucky for us our sink hole was extremely small (10 yrds x 10 yrds?
so me pop would fill in with dirt as needed... I never experienced anyone's
major sink hole..response too many hrs on rd today...
I will look into everything...

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Our place in Knoxville shook continuously the other night for about 45 seconds? I have been hearing strange noises late around 3:45am, a sort of weird jet vortex? It almost sounds like a jet is over your house, you don't hear it but it is at that second like a pilot hit full thrust for a split second. It sounded it a swoosh, real fast that vibrated my house.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

At the same time a co-worker's husband saw a massive oak tree push out of the ground, root ball and all, and fall over on a perfectly calm day.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply post by chisisiCoptos

I'm in the Halls/Fountain City area and we have felt the rumbling, seen the shaking window-ledge nic-nacs, and have heard the sound on more than one occasion. Everyone has done a fine job researching what is going on, very informative. My only thought right now, at 2:45 am, is the question of whether the frequency and increasing intensity of these events are related on some level to what is going on in the world right now, such as: Pope Benedict's resignation and the Prophecy of the Popes, supposedly foreseen devastating natural disasters of 2013, John's Revelation, the attack of the peace dove, the lightening strike at the Vatican, global economic collapse and the global race for gold, etc??

So much to connect, so little time. All ATS members should come together and create a code that can be administered and recognized through a bunch of different methods (e.g. Morse code, radio, smoke signals, handshake, patch, etc) that way, as a type of contingency plan, the surviving members could possibly find, or at least recognize, each other and band together if need be. Just a thought, especially since now I know so many leave near me in TN lol

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join