It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Back; Strange Sound Phenomena Returns to East Tennessee!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Since someone mentioned StealthyKat's threads on sounds heard in New Orleans in Dec '11, here's one with link to an additional thread on it..

A New "Sky Sound" video, page 1

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

Nice Job...don't forget to peg Kingsport....

OneIsOne...wow fascinating info on the magnetic fault line...
I've never heard of it until now. I also thought severdsoul's map
looked interesting as the marks appear to be in line.

Yes tons of caves & sink holes...Now you have me curious about
all the mysteries of the Appalachians. Bloody forgot most everything when I went
to CA.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
In responce to underground boring just look at all there is to choose from for the purpose: Link www.bing.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Great thread to all who are contributing. These sounds have been quite the mystery. They have had my interest as I lived just an hour away from a town that experienced a similar boom and shaking sound nearly a year ago in Wisconsin. It's great to see everyone contributing information the way you all are on this thread in trying to narrow down the possibilities. It's what I love about ATS!

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Oh the Clintonville Booms!! I always think back to that when other booms happen and the 'authorities' claim there is no earthquakes. I remember watching news report after news report of all of them lining up to say, No Earthquake!!

Then what happened..... opps, there was a little 1.something shaker.

I still think the whole thing was very odd.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

I definitely never bought the earthquake story. It was funny the first three days they said it was no earthquake, then on day 4 they said oh, a university just happened to have a mobile seismograph in the area, "how lucky we were" and yeah, we registered a 1.0 earthquake. Those were some strange days indeed for Clintonville. A week later there was another couple nights of booms and this time they said it registered a .1 earthquake. Man, a dump truck rolling through town could have caused that!

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne

I've heard all my life about the Smokies having an underground facility and theories on if that could be why so many people go missing there. One of the reasons I entertain the idea is because the Appalachian Mountains are sort of a barrier from the East Coast. With the other side having the TVA power plants and ORNL. Crazy thoughts I know, but I love a good conspiracy!

Yeah, same here. One area is the cosby area, other is townsend cades cove area. From what I have heard anyway.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

ga.water.usgs.gov...

Something you might find interesting. I have posted this in the sinkhole watch thread, but I thought you could take a look at it.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Interesting video as well as the comments below the video.

www.youtube.com...
Recorded in northwest Louisiana.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Hello everyone! Thanks for all the replies. I just want to post and let you all know I haven't jumped ship. I'm at work and won't be free'd up for a few more hours. I'll reply to any comments for me when I get back.

Thanks again for the activity in the thread!

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Another strange one from this year ... www.youtube.com...

I for one am interested in this subject because we heard the strange sound here in Texas in Sept 2011. It was so loud and creepy the hair stood up on my arms. It was late at night (well, late to some) somewhere between 10-11:30 pm.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Makes me wish i had more time when i was through that area 2 years ago,
but i was taking a load to the east side of the state, no time to explore.

I do miss driving truck, got to see a lot of interesting places. *lol* Shoot i miss working,
let alone driving truck.

Ahhh ok, sand bars make sense, it was kind of a odd shape for one, which is why i was curious.
I didnt know it was a man made lake, interesting. going to have to do some more research on it
as well.

kind of going slow today, not up to my normal self yet. hoping the meds kick in soon.
its a balancing act, to little and i'm fuzzy and hurting, to many and they knock me out.
the joy's of dying. Dont do it if you can avoid it. *lol*

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
hmmm i am going to send a message to a guy that may be able
to help explain stuff, if we can understand what he is talking about. *lol*

anyone ever read russianscientist's post? That guy is amazing, he is in Kansas
dealing with eq's, has a way to detect them days before they happen.
you can search here and find his thread. I was fascinated reading it.

But i wonder if he can use his equipment and give us a look and tell us what
he is seeing in the area. worth a shot anyway.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I was hoping someone would post this! I've heard this as well. It is odd that nobody here knows what it is...considering that news tends to travel so fast around here.

ETA: I'm referring to the loud explosion sounds near the morristown area.

edit on 14-2-2013 by Visceral because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackPhoenix

That last guy in the video's is boring as heck and a pain to listen to,
but after a bit of digging, i'm thinking he is right.

early warnings of new mandarin going off?

this could be scary if true, thousands of thousands of lifes would be effected.
hmmm have to do some more reading and digging...
makes ya wonder

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
youtu.be...

previous new mandarin earth quakes,
900ad
1450ad
1812ad

that are dated, but if you watch the video
www.pbs.org...

and look at the rock (pic below) there have been many many more.
img.abovetopsecret.com...
the red dot was the 1812 quake, notice the dark ring, now look at all the other
dark rings, and notice some are very close together.

Hmmm well the rumbling ties into the quakes, but cant say for sure that is
what is causing it. If it is a warning, millions will be effected.
sad part is, we wont know if this is the cause or not until its to late.
But it is a viable explanation, may not be the right one, have to keep digging and
see what we can come up with.

Sinkholes have been happening a lot more lately as well, which were reported
with the 1812 quake, as well as guisers, have not seen any of those reported, but probably
wouldn't until it was rumbling and shaking. hmmmm.

Edit to add: oddly i have to admit, everything in me tells me this is the answer.
not that i want it to be, i have family in the area. But the more i read on this, the
more it seems like the real reason.

Wow, edit #4 my spelling was BAAaaaaDDDDd this morning, at least the drugs are kicking in.
curious to see what you guys think.
edit on 14-2-2013 by severdsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I live just north of knoxville (Union County) to be exact, and I didn't feel or hear anything odd. Not that it means much, I am a pretty heavy sleeper lol..

Will be keeping an eye on this.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
reply to post by Ektar

I used to think about what happens in Earth as we extract all the oil. Since there is such a massive amount of oil extracted, it seems like there would be massive cavities under Earth's surface... ... it seems logical the massive cavities would collapse on themselves...

Maybe they are collapsing... ...just layers of them.... ...Could devoid caverns be collapsing, layer by layer, producing many of the incredibly mysterious noises?...

A massive amount of moving air could most definitely produce the low-pass frequency that sounds like a very deep roar...

....a huge shift (collapse) could move enough air to produce a sustained howling noise....

If it were related to the mysterious booms, maybe they are the sounds of a cavity collapsing on itself all at once....

... I do wonder if underground nuke testing could destabilize some of the empty cavities, persuading them to go ahead and collapse?
___ EDITED for CLARITY: I don't mean to seem like I am suggesting nuke tests are occurring in E. Tennessee. I am curious about the confirmed nuke test in N. Korea and the possibility such a test could play a role in destabilizing empty cavities to a point of collapse in Tennessee or other distant locations...
... it seems plausible to me - given my general lack of knowledge on the subject.

I wanted to add another thought I had about empty cavities below Earth's surface and their potential to be the source of the strange noises;

I know it's unlikely to be the source, but I'm mentioning it because I want to update the theory. Since it seems the moving air would be forced out in only 1-2 opening in the surface. If so, then pinpointing the source and exit location would be easier than it has been up until now.

Having only a small number of available exit points, where the moving air can be expelled, doesn't support the reports stating the sound came from all directions.

Trying to answer that issue I thought about the potential for many different exit locations in a specific region. All of the different exit points could produce an effect that sounds like the noise is coming from all directions. This may also account for a rumble strong enough to shake walls - maybe even register as a seismic event.

reply to post by inval

It's good to know that inval and thanks for posting that. If we get enough reports of the areas it was heard/felt in and enough areas where it was not felt, we can make a more accurate plotting* of the effected area.

I like Union Co. I have a lake house on Norris, at the Andersonville Marina/Boat Dock.

The road my house and the marina are on is just a couple hundred feet across the Anderson County/Union County line. My sister also has a small cabin at 'Hickory Star'. Sometimes we visit and use the water as our road. Really turns a potential 45-50 minute drive into a 10-12minute Sea-Doo trip.

Small World!
edit on 14-2-2013 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Indeed it is, I have been to norris many many times, I'm only about 5 miles from it.

Nice to see more people from ''my neck of the woods''

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

That's a pretty neat looking rock in the picture.

I've also noticed a lot of discussion about large sinkholes in many different regions too. Even Neyland Stadium on the University of Tennessee Volunteers Campus had a massive sinkhole, literally below the center of the football field.

So you are leaning toward sinkholes and the strange noises being a precursor to a massive quake, similar to that of the 1812 quake?

The 1812 quake was quite a doozy, hope we don't have to experience such destruction and death any time soon!

Looking at the evidence you provided and considering some of the things I know about the area, I do understand why you would consider this a leading answer to the strange events.

I am not the most studied scholar - technically, I'm not even a scholar
but I do recall people mentioning the strange lights in the skies before a major earthquake.

I haven't seen any reports of strange lights in this area, I think they are described as being similar to the 'Norther Lights', but, if I do, I will post the witness account here.

If these type of lights do show up here pretty soon, I'm not sure what I'd think. It would be very convincing that all the related events point to an upcoming quake.

I hope we can confirm or dismiss this idea very soon, especially if there is a quake coming our way very soon. It would be great to have some sort of undeniable information before the quake occurs, it would be much easier to pack up and head out of town on an extended vacation.

Leaving the area now and basing it on what we know to this point, could leave the evacuees feeling duped if nothing at all happens.

Edit to add:

New Mandarin? I wasn't paying attention, I didn't realize you said 'New Mandarin' I need to check this out again.

I'd also like to thank every individual who has been participating and putting work in on this thread, I really do appreciate it! Same goes for those members who have yet to to post, but plan to post here soon.
edit on 14-2-2013 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join