It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Back; Strange Sound Phenomena Returns to East Tennessee!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

You know, this is probably going to seem like a huge stretch, reaching into FantasyLand, but Douglas Lake is a curious region. It is a TVA waterway, with an active Dam, located just several miles from Sevierville and I-40.

The stretch part is that some people around here swear there is some sort of secret building going on. There was a massive roadway expansion project performed on Winnfield-Dunn Pkwy/Hwy66. It was done to help address the terrible traffic issues. There were some things about the project that raised questions with a few people.

I have a friend who is the city manager, I'll try to ask him what he remembers about the rumours. One thing I do remember about it is that there was large tunnel boring equipment brought in, but no tunnels built. Maybe it was used to help build bridged or something.

I think you mentioned something about a 60mile radius... if you go from each outer border of the area counties, you will find the distance to be roughly 60 miles.

Did you link a chart/map with the identified source locations highlightes? I'd really like to see which area is closest to the center of all the reports. I might know something about the location, then again, maybe I won't =-)

EDITED TO ADD:
Uugh, you read my mind!!! Thanks for the effort with plotting a map! Wait, did you plot a map?
edit on 13-2-2013 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

EDITED TO ADD:
Re-posting this comment here for ease of Access:

Sorry for the delay in posting these links.

Here are the threads I have put together over the past couple years. Each of them relate to the strange activity I have experienced in my region.

Some threads specifically address the strange noises. However, there are some threadsthat focus primarily on other mysterious events, and address the strange sound phenomena as a secondary point of discussion.

100,000 Birds Exhibit Strange Behavior In East Tennessee, United States

Big Strange & Odd Bird Behavior Noted Prior to a Large Die-Off in My Backyard! Seymour, TN!

Birds!!!

4 Earthquakes Within a Week Recorded in East Tennessee

Killer Tornadoes, Golf Ball Size Hail, and EarthQuakes Happening In...... Tennessee? Yes, Tennessee!

Incredibly Strange Phenomena in Knoxville Tennessee Right Now (teus,10-1-12 4am)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Sure, i was one of the ones that dug through the yellowstone thread,
i got lost several times in there. But did learn a bit, there are others on here
that really took off with the info, some of them were schooling the geologist
that were checking in on our thread.
But that was a few years ago, it was a lot of reading and learning. Graph's
and pic's help to figure things out , or at least did for me.

hmmm interesting, could be some govt operation going on we are not told about.
with out govt, i would not rule anything out at all.

i'm going to have to give up for now, meds kickin in, gota crash, but i'll check when i
get up and see what else i can discover and work on the map more.

edit on 13-2-2013 by severdsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tnhiker

Oh yes, they will not tell the truth one way or the other. That's because security clearance and protocols have been re-constructed as a result from the very serious security breach a few months ago.

It would be awesome to have an insider with high clearance. They might just tell us that the strange phenomena is a bi-product of the new inter-stellar, anti-gravity water-cooler/popcorn machine aka 'IFO' (Inter-Stellar Flying Object.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
reply to post by tnhiker

hmmm not finding north halls on google earth, found anderson county
though. odd its not showing up.

That doesnt suprise me. Look for halls crossroads just north of knoxville. If not just place a marker on the halls walmart on norris freeway. Thats in the general area. Also known as hwy 441.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I tried to open the map with the plotted locations, but I keep getting the intensity graphic comparing nuke test with the other graphic.

Maybe you can try Corryton, Fountain City, or search for the area just north of 'Rifle Range Rd'

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
reply to post by tnhiker

Oh yes, they will not tell the truth one way or the other. That's because security clearance and protocols have been re-constructed as a result from the very serious security breach a few months ago.

It would be awesome to have an insider with high clearance. They might just tell us that the strange phenomena is a bi-product of the new inter-stellar, anti-gravity water-cooler/popcorn machine aka 'IFO' (Inter-Stellar Flying Object.

The very humorous breach where 3 70 year olds breached security.

In response to your rumours about the winnfield dunn project. The earth borers were brought in and disappeared if I am remembering correctly. They were also never seen leaving the area.

I know most of knoxville city proper is over caverns.

About 20 years ago there was a spurt of ufo sightings and horse mutilations over in cosby/cocke county area. I heard at the time there was rumors of an underground base in that area but haven't heard anything since.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Thank you for the reply & understand about the meds!!!
Funny thing is that you would think I knew more in regards to
charts since me roommate in CA was one of the chief seismologist
at Cal Tech, LOL!!! & prior to that the photos of the Northridge Quake
on the Mag covers was me block. I know it makes no sense to not
have dug in deeper with me roommate...however they were not
very open minded & probably why I did not pursue the avenue...

OP there could be secret on goings that you just mentioned as the
Appalachians & mountain people know of many secrets...
I was bloody raised in N E TN & there was a HUGE cover up
with a very well known company in Kingsport in re to cancer...

I do find it odd if there was tunneling equipment & no tunnels formed...
I need to find out all the uses of the boring equipment...
Thanks for the hard work of everyone!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tnhiker

Ah ha ha, =-)

Wasn't it a Nun that busted through and dumped blood across something in protest?

That breach is more than they are letting on. First reports were that they breached a perimeter fence and vandalized some things. Next up, they breached a facility building on little to no importance. Then another report revealed they breached a sensitive/secure building. Last one I heard was they breached a secret/secure sector that contained highly sensitive documents and files...

No telling what really happned - probably the first report, but other reports were released to secure funding for updating their security system and protocols...

reply to post by Ektar

Oh yeah, there are a lot of secrets in these hills, without doubt. I remember the whole "Champion Paper"/pollution outrage.

There are a lot of forest areas and valleys that are completely hidden from view, as no roads go near these valleys. Some of the hidden areas are Federally Funded areas of National Parks/Recs. Hard to know what they are willing to do with this private, 'Federal' land.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Thanks for keeping up on this. There's definitely a lot of activity going on in Tennessee lately but these unexplained booms have been going on all over the world for the past year or so as far as I can tell. There were a lot in the beginning of december all over the US and then quite a few in this January. One of those events was in Jamestown NY and there was a thread about it on ATS. Sorry, don't have the link. Another, that I personally experienced happened in the midcoast area of Maine. That one was two loud booms followed by an earthquake. I have never heard an earthquake like that before. The Jamestown incident was just hours after that. There have been reports in Chicago, Rhode Island, and all over the country. Most of them are always mysterious in nature with media never really being able to come up with explanations. Some media reports bright light flashes associated with the events and the one in rhode island mentions a low frequency hum that was heard. I'm sorry for not posting links, but it's all on google if you want to do a search. My observation is that this is all very odd. Haarp? maybe. but my pure speculation is that it is beyond haarp. The random bird activity associated with some of these events is also worth noting. I know there were some reports of strange bird activity here in Maine and i've read other reports as well on ATS threads as well as media reports following up boom events. Could the die offs be related? Birds are very sensitive to electromagnetic fields which I believe could be associated with these events. Just as lightning creates an electromagnetic vacuum, what if something is creating an electromagnetic "vacuum" in the atmosphere. The load boom would be heard when the electromagnetic field was turned off and the vacuum closed in on itself, just like lightning. This is purely speculation. I know, completely crazy. I didn't even go into what an electromagnetic vacuum would be used for. Take it for what it is. Hopefully this will be the catalyst that helps the next person put all the real ducks in a row to solve this mystery. But, seriously folks google loud boom and dig into some of the numerous reports of this happening all over the country and world. Most always goes unexplained in the media. It is very odd...............

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tnhiker

Ey! Bloody Hell I never heard about those events not sure what year you are speaking of...
I left TN in 1985...the horse mutilations is sickening...were they in the same
area as the sightings?

Tri- Cities area Kingsport, Bristol, & Johnson City many Caverns... "Bristol Caverns"
which never end... there are so many caverns running through the area that, as far
as I remember as a kid, no one knew how extensive or how far the caverns went
as there was no end. This is just based on what I was told growing up in the area
& I have not researched the information...I hope I did not break any rules on the thread...

Looking forward to more info the OP has in re to the strange on goings in the area...

Cheers
Ektar
edit on 13-2-2013 by Ektar because: Sorry forgot...

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Greenevillesun.com reports 'Heard Any Booms No Ready Answers Many Questions' dated 13 Feb 2013. Elsewhere we documented the same report on 25 Jan 2013.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
reply to post by tnhiker

Ah ha ha, =-)

Wasn't it a Nun that busted through and dumped blood across something in protest?

That breach is more than they are letting on. First reports were that they breached a perimeter fence and vandalized some things. Next up, they breached a facility building on little to no importance. Then another report revealed they breached a sensitive/secure building. Last one I heard was they breached a secret/secure sector that contained highly sensitive documents and files...

No telling what really happned - probably the first report, but other reports were released to secure funding for updating their security system and protocols...

I think they breached a secure area and made it to the outside wall of a secure center. They also just 2 weeks ago actually fixed the fence. oops.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ektar
reply to post by tnhiker

Ey! Bloody Hell I never heard about those events not sure what year you are speaking of...
I left TN in 1985...the horse mutilations is sickening...were they in the same
area as the sightings?

Cheers
Ektar

I was in high school at the time so it was, uhm, 90, 91?

I found this as a clip from the news sentiniel which touched on it. animal mutilations

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by peepsfromearth

Hi peepe, thanks for the reply and welcome to ATS!

It would be awesome to know that someone was inspired by members of ATS, to a point where they worked hard enough and long enough to discover what's really happening.

I experienced a mass bird die-off first hand (linked thread above). I have also heard about the odd light flashes, but haven't seen one like those that have been described. I don't know why they can't be related, but I also don't know why they could be either.

Side Note:

Personally, I don't mind so much, as long as the post isn't much longer than your comment, but some members may complain about blocks aka 'walls of text' being posted.

Many members will not read a post with content presented in block/wall format.

You may want to consider spacing your comments more often. I am not perfect by any means imagined and I may be wrong, but I try to limit each paragraph to about 3-5 lines. I used to space based*
on number of sentences in a paragraph, but found more than 3 average sentences push the line count to more than 5-7 per paragraph.

Anyway, I hope I don't seem to be ragging or chastising you, just friendly advice is all.

*space based, ha.... out of context you'd never know I was writing about paragraph spacing....

space based weapons, etc.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Thanks and noted.....

Space weapons maybe.. I was leaning more towards space travel.....still need more ducks for that one though.......

The flashes and bird activity i mentioned were all included in media reports about loud booms.
The die offs only seem to be connected by location vs. event time, but who knows, there could be a connection....
edit on 13-2-2013 by peepsfromearth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

(Do me a favor and hit enter every now and again, please. Hard for me to read that when scrolling up on a phone.
)
ETA- So sorry, I now see this was addressed!

You might search for stealthykat's threads, she had some good recordings of sounds.
edit on 13-2-2013 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

I was just thinking about caverns...

I used to think about what happens in Earth as we extract all the oil. Since there is such a massive amount of oil extracted, it seems like there would be massive cavities under Earth's surface. Absent any opposing pressure of compressed oil stabilzing Earth's surface and the cavities themselves, it seems logical the massive cavities would collapse on themselves.

Maybe they are collapsing, but not entirely, just layers of them. The layers could collapse the same way soil is eroded by water, once a layer is destabilized to a point it can no longer support the pressure, the entire layer falls off into the water. Could devoid caverns be collapsing, layer by layer, producing many of the incredibly mysterious noises?

A massive amount of moving air could most definitely produce the low-pass frequency that sounds like a very deep roar. That could account for the strange noises I've heard that sometimes last for an hour or more.

Such a huge shift could move enough air to produce a sustained howling noise.

If it were related to the mysterious booms, maybe they are the sounds of a cavity collapsing on itself all at once....

Hmm, I do wonder if underground nuke testing could destabilize some of the empty cavities, persuading them to go ahead and collapse?

Pure speculation in FantasyLand on my part, but it seems plausible to me - given my general lack of knowledge on the subject.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Here is a link of recent booms across the country.. www.earthfiles.com...

This one on Dec 3rd in rhode island caught my attention because it describes a loud boom, a flash in the sky, and a long sustained hum......www.earthfiles.com...
www.abc6.com...

Here is another MSM report from IN. that is dated from Jan 15th 2013. Discusses mysterious country wide booms.www.14news.com...
edit on 13-2-2013 by peepsfromearth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Hmmm....why does this name - Linda Moulton Howe - sound familiar?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Seriously or sarcasm?

She seems to be turning up in a lot of conspiracy topics. I first noticed her in context with the Alien/UFO topic,

Some of the things she says does make sense, then she has to fly off the tilt-a-whirl with outlandish nonsense. I don't know a ton of her work, so my opinion on her may not be the best to go off of.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join