See it anybody?

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by symptomoftheuniverse

Originally posted by draknoir2

Life is a symptom of the universe.

A love that never dies.
aha i like you better now lol. Please accept my appologies. In the mean time can you see the thin sheet metal in the top left of this image? mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
Or is it slate?
edit on 15-2-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: added possibility

I see something thin, but it's the same color as everything around it. Might just be a layered rock... like slate, as you say.
edit on 15-2-2013 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

See it anybody?

Yep ...here it is

I love these pictures they're a window to another planet , every picture released we are the first Humans to see the view presented , I spent countless hours scanning Spirit rover pictures years ago and on occasion finding interesting stuff .... like you have found in this picture , interesting how it appears to be curving at the end .

The likelihood is that it is a type of slate but maybe it isn't

I don't think its metal though .
edit on 15-2-2013 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

See it anybody?

Yep ...here it is

I love these pictures they're a window to another planet , every picture released we are the first Humans to see the view presented , I spent countless hours scanning Spirit rover pictures years ago and on occasion finding interesting stuff .... like you have found in this picture , interesting how it appears to be curving at the end .

The likelihood is that it is a type of slate but maybe it isn't

I don't think its metal though .
edit on 15-2-2013 by gortex because: Edit to add
thanks for posting the pic, i have trouble using my phone to put up pics.
Yes its a strange thing. If i was nasa id give it a knock. But they probably wont though,they will ignore it just like they did poor hugo. Hugo reminds me of an old cartoon called "watoo watoo"

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
mars.jpl.nasa.gov... why does the bit on the rover on the left seem to go behind the rocks in the distance? Is it a tower?probably clutching at straws though.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Bumping my own thread because this is profound.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
mars.jpl.nasa.gov... there is something not natural in the top right of this pic,its on the edge of the pic, see it anyone?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
mars.jpl.nasa.gov... there is pipes in the centre of this picture. You can see come out of the ground and over a rock.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
mars.jpl.nasa.gov... in this pic,towards the center is what appears to be an albino snake resting near worked stone/metal. Zoom in you cant miss it
edit on 18-2-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: extra info

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
mars.jpl.nasa.gov... zoom in at the bottom of this image and you will not miss a white rod. Best pic upto now.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

mars.jpl.nasa.gov... in this pic,towards the center is what appears to be an albino snake resting near worked stone/metal. Zoom in you cant miss it
edit on 18-2-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: extra info
any explanation for the albino snake? Center left near that block of metal and the pipe. Zoom in,its shading under the overhang of a rock.
Someone posted a lizard so here is my albino snake.
edit on 22-3-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: added word "of"

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

any explanation for the albino snake?

Pareidolia , you may not want to accept it but that's what it is .
It's better shown in the picture bellow which is the best rock anomaly / pareidolia pic yet seen in my view .

It is just a rock .

edit on 22-3-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
A brilliant white rock that sticks out like a sore thumb. Your rat is the same colour as all the other rocks.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Sticks out like a sore thumb.

www.hiddenmars.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Cool, strange design with the unstraight edge though. Ofcourse they will deny it's origin. but the photo is proof enough if it is genuine and wasn't just thrown in for conspiracys sake lol

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Nice. I like this one!

I am honestly trying as hard as I can to see it as concave, but I guess I must be another one of them dadgummed fools. It looks like its sticking out and it looks like they tried to drill around it.

Maybe its a rock. Maybe not. But the fact is...do not trust anyone who speaks in absolutes, for they are not in command of their own mind. At least not to any degree of reliability or honesty. Because the honest truth is it could be a petrified alien turd but... Wait let me start again. Do you remember the multiple choice tests where one if the choices was "Not enough information"? Meaning that we do not have enough information to make a conclusive determination.

Well, THAT would be the only HONEST answer one could give in this situation.

Everywhere on this site I see these know-it-alls who have got it all figured out.

I've come to realize that they need to build this patchwork shell around them to protect their fragile egos from the terrifying (to them) truth that, like the rest of us, they really do not know much at all in the grand scheme of things...

And you see, knowledge is power. And power is a means to exert control over the environment around us. These people cannot face the fact that they are but a molecule of water in a raging, chaotic, infinite sea of infinite possibility. At least they do not believe they can. Perhaps they know they can survive it, but the fear that they will be forever changed by the many realizations... the many, unforgiving, unrelenting realizations... And who can blame them.

I'm afraid I have matters to tend to and so I must get to the point rather abruptly now.

We should not be angered at those who speak in absolutes, those who espouse blatantly obvious falsehoods and logical fallacies, no...we should feel terribly sorry for these poor souls...the poor, weak souls. But we should never admit this.

So we should not be frustrated or angered, and we should not be patronizing as to let on that we are aware of their shortcomings, so what should we do?

Treat them as you would a child.A child who is not ready to learn about, I dunno, sex or something like that. You tell them "Hey! You know what? You're right, that does kinda look like a rock now that you explained it that way. Well good for you! I never thought of it that way... Right on. Let's see what the others have to say
" You give them their pat on the back, let them know that everything is gonna be ok, and send them on their way in the most gentlest way conceivable... If they had an especially nasty temper tantrum, maybe send them to bed with some cookies and milk, they probably just need a little nappypoo...

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse
While i was looking at the mars creature thread when i saw this picture. Apparently this is indentation caused by the drill. But is it though? I believe this picture was published by accident and the object protruding from the rock is why nasa went to gale crator. Its obviosly metal and it is obviously sticking out. It is obviously ancient. I dont know how to link my pic but if you click on my profile you will see it. img.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 13-2-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: tried to add pic

HOW did NASA know this tiny object was there in the first place what happened to common sense on here?

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

wmd_2008

symptomoftheuniverse
While i was looking at the mars creature thread when i saw this picture. Apparently this is indentation caused by the drill. But is it though? I believe this picture was published by accident and the object protruding from the rock is why nasa went to gale crator. Its obviosly metal and it is obviously sticking out. It is obviously ancient. I dont know how to link my pic but if you click on my profile you will see it. img.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 13-2-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: tried to add pic

HOW did NASA know this tiny object was there in the first place what happened to common sense on here?

They must have known since they patterned their drill bit after it.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

3n19m470
I am honestly trying as hard as I can to see it as concave, but I guess I must be another one of them dadgummed fools. It looks like its sticking out and it looks like they tried to drill around it....

Look at the shadows being cast by the bumps and pits that can also be seen in that image. From the rest of the image, you can see that the sun is shining (generally) up from the bottom of the image. Looking at the area in question (which I say is a hole made by Curiosity's percussive drill), you can see that the lower portion is in shadow and the upper portion is brighter.

Therefore it is a concave depression -- a relatively shallow depression. If it was sticking up out of the rock surface, the shadows would be different.

Here is a picture of the drill that made this mark. It is a percussive drill, so it not only spins like a drill, it also percusses like a jack-hammer. The shallow depression was made by jack-hammering the rock using this tool:

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

Thanks for your kind words. I understand. I actually use the image in the o.p as my avatar because it shows how they eye can be decieved. It was the shape of the drillbit on curiosity which finally put my mind to rest. Thanks to sceptics on a.t.s. However not everything is just a rock on mars.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join