It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mars rock not!Hoagaland is correct.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Okay, bash me because I don't know what you have all discussed a million times before, BUT that looks manmade to me.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by symptomoftheuniverse

Originally posted by draknoir2

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
Two questions, two:

How big is that shiny thing in the picture?

What does Hoagland have to do with it?

BTW, this looks like a speaker to me:

edit on 13-2-2013 by Lazarus Short because: pho-to

edit on 13-2-2013 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah
he claims evidence of ancient mars civilisation.

Would you happen to have a link to where he makes that claim? I didn't see it anywhere.
search mars anomaly on youtube, i watched the vid last week,he goes into some detail why nasa picked gale creater ahead of cydonia. He says you should not have a 5km mountain inside a crater. He compares the area with ruins ofbancient cities on earth. When i find it i will link.
edit on 13-2-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: wrong info

I meant where did he mention the drill mark being evidence of an ancient Mars civilization, as the title of this thread would seem to imply.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Creep Thumper
Okay, bash me because I don't know what you have all discussed a million times before, BUT that looks manmade to me.

IT IS!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Two questions, two:

Would you happen to have a link to where he makes that claim? I didn't see it anywhere.
search mars anomaly on youtube, i watched the vid last week,he goes into some detail why nasa picked gale creater ahead of cydonia. He says you should not have a 5km mountain inside a crater. He compares the area with ruins ofbancient cities on earth. When i find it i will link.

I meant where did he mention the drill mark being evidence of an ancient Mars civilization, as the title of this thread would seem to imply.
well why dont you say what you mean then?i wasted time finding you a link, here you are mr sarcastic.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
m.youtube.com... people eh

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Two questions, two:

well why dont you say what you mean then?i wasted time finding you a link, here you are mr sarcastic.

Wasn't being sarcastic. Was asking a question. I thought that was the point of the thread:

"mars rock not!Hoagaland is correct.,"

Then you show a photo of the drill hole in the OP and then later say that Hoagland claimed it's evidence of an ancient Martian civilization. I could not find anything like that online, so I asked if you could link to it... I assumed that's where you got it from. No sarcasm.
edit on 13-2-2013 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Two questions, two:

Wasn't being sarcastic. Was asking a question. I thought that was the point of the thread:

Then you show a photo of the drill hole in the OP and then later say that Hoagland claimed it's evidence of an ancient Martian civilization. I could not find anything like that online, so I asked if you could link to it... I assumed that's where you got it from. No sarcasm.

Would recommend this video mate, some very interesting ideas in it and I'm beginning to think a lot more about Mars, there's way too many anomalies imo.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Two questions, two:

Would recommend this video mate, some very interesting ideas in it and I'm beginning to think a lot more about Mars, there's way too many anomalies imo.

Thanks for the link, but I've already been there. Not sitting through 2-plus hours of Hoagie's claims, but I did scan through the video several times looking for a reference to the drill mark - without any luck. SO, again, if anyone can tell me precisely where he claims the drill mark is evidence of ancient Martian civilization, I'd appreciate it. It was the whole point of this thread, after all.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Thanks for the link, but I've already been there. Not sitting through 2-plus hours of Hoagie's claims, but I did scan through the video several times looking for a reference to the drill mark - without any luck. SO, again, if anyone can tell me precisely where he claims the drill mark is evidence of ancient Martian civilization, I'd appreciate it. It was the whole point of this thread, after all.

I could be wrong, but I think the OP meant that this mark (which turns out to be a percussion mark left by Curiosity's drill bit) is an indication that Hoagland was correct about a civilization on Mars.

I may have missed a post, but I don't think the OP said that Hoagland said this drill bit mark was evidence of an alien civilization -- only that the OP thinks this is evidence supporting Hoagland's broader claim (although we now know that it is not evidence supporting Hoagland, but rather just a mark made by one of Curiosity's tools).

edit on 2/14/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

I may have missed a post, but I don't think the OP said that Hoagland said this drill bit mark was evidence of an alien civilization -- only that the OP thinks this is evidence supporting Hoagland's broader claim (although we now know that it is not evidence supporting Hoagland.).

This post plus the thread title is what led me to that conclusion:

Two questions, two:

edit on 14-2-2013 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Could be a slow leak by Nasa to the public that there is a civilization living underground?

Such as the bio - sprayer that has been posted recently.
Due to the Brookings Institute Report and how they think it could put our civilization in shock if we knew there is actually a civilization living underground Nasa has to leak very slowly through out the decades. VERY SLOWLY !

In my opinion the three 1964 ufo incidents are indications that a living civilization in living under the surface of mars:

Lonnie Zamora 1964 April 24th
Gary Wilcox 1964 April 24
Donald Shrum 1964

These three cases are some of the BEST in ufo-ology I highly recommend studying their testimonies. And reading what was told Gary Wilcox as to were they came from.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by thetiler
Could be a slow leak by Nasa to the public that there is a civilization living underground?

Did you read anything in this thread but the OP?
edit on 14-2-2013 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Anyone who knows me knows I love a good Mars thread (I used to haunt Hoaglands Forum) . So when I saw this thread pic I was a little interested as the object in this image does look metallic.

But, did anyone happen to look closer at the lower left of that image? And think what is that? I know I did...hehe

At first I thought it was part of the drill and after looking it over again it is not, as nothing lines up.

Any ideas? I mean obviously with a symmetrical pattern like that it was something the rover created...right?

edit on 14-2-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Anyone who knows me knows I love a good Mars thread (I used to haunt Hoaglands Forum) . So when I saw this thread pic I was a little interested as the object in this image does look metallic.

But, did anyone happen to look closer at the lower left of that image? And think what is that? I know I did...hehe

At first I thought it was part of the drill and after looking it over again it is not, as nothing lines up.

Any ideas? I mean obviously with a symmetrical pattern like that it was something the rover created...right?

edit on 14-2-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

Yeah, I see it on the raw image. Couldn't ID the tool or rover part that has that pattern. It's about half the diameter of the drill, though.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
If you look at a larger image of the area around the drill bit mark, you can see two of these patterns on either side of the drill bit mark (circled below):

I think it could be made by these two "probe-like" thinks on either side of the drill (cirlced in the image below). Perhaps they are used as some sort of depth guide for the drill, and maybe provides some stability for the drill:

Considering these "probe-like" thinks have dome-shaped ends, only a small part of the stipple pattern at the very end of those domes would contact the rock, leaving only a few "stipple" marks.

Those two "probe-like" things cvan be seen here in this image of the drill. The drill bit itself I think is retracted, but the two probes on each side of the bit seen in the image above seem to be contacting the rock in this image that I cropped:

Click Here for Full Uncropped Image

They also appear in this image from Sol 180, but they are harder to see. They are on ether side of the drilled hole. I again circled then on the image below, but click on the link listed after the image for the original full size image (without circles) to see them in full size:

Click Here for Full Size Original Image

I looked at several other images (both from the MAHLI and the MastCam) from other Sols, but this stippling pattern does not always appear with the drill marks/drill holes. I do see scratch-like marks on some of those images in the same area relative to the drill mark; perhaps the stippling sometimes leaves the pattern and sometimes not, depending on the rock surface.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

I could be wrong, but I think the OP meant that this mark (which turns out to be a percussion mark left by Curiosity's drill bit) is an indication that Hoagland was correct about a civilization on Mars.

I may have missed a post, but I don't think the OP said that Hoagland said this drill bit mark was evidence of an alien civilization -- only that the OP thinks this is evidence supporting Hoagland's broader claim (although we now know that it is not evidence supporting Hoagland, but rather just a mark made by one of Curiosity's tools).

your right soylent i never stated hoagaland said this drill hole was his evidence. Some people can just go on tangents.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Two questions, two:

yes im finding more and more stuff which i will add to this thread. Curiosity for me has been the best nasa mission ever. I found the above video while searching for the drill hole in my op. To me the drill hole in my op still looks metal.
Some people cant imagine intelligent e.t. i dont know why?ever since people dared to travel people have found life. The people who settled easter island did not know it was there. The new world was discovered after people explored and there was civilisation. I see no reason why this trend to explore,find life or civilisation to cease just because the sea of space is immense. Life is a symptom of the universe.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

i never stated hoagaland said this drill hole was his evidence. Some people can just go on tangents.

Some people apparently say the opposite of what they mean.

Two questions, two:

mars rock not!Hoagaland is correct.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Life is a symptom of the universe.

A love that never dies.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Life is a symptom of the universe.

A love that never dies.
aha i like you better now lol. Please accept my appologies. In the mean time can you see the thin sheet metal in the top left of this image? mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
Or is it slate?
edit on 15-2-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: added possibility

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join