It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mars rock not!Hoagaland is correct.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister

Originally posted by blackcube
Just a little fun about subject of optical illusion

en.wikipedia.org...

Just check the image... Your brain can do crazy stuff
I checked the image in an image editor. Yes! square A and B square has the same color, but you brain will say they don't

edit on 13/2/13 by blackcube because: (no reason given)

Nah, that can't be the same colour. Huh?

Check yourself in an image editor, they really have the same color.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by symptomoftheuniverse
...Does it really look like hole to anybody?

Yes. Look at the shadows:

EDIT TO ADD:

I now see in this post (quoted below) that you do realize it is a hole. I'm going to leave this picture (above) up anyway, just because I took the time to make it

...yes, looks like a hole to me. A hole barely 3 inches wide.
edit on 13-2-2013 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)
thankyou very much, at last i can relax. Its a hole. Thankyou contributers and im sorry if i have irked people. Its a hole.
My pic does not look like a hole though, my eyes have been decieved. Never trust your eyes,i will be less trusting of my own from now on.

edit on 2/13/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)
stop it now soylent lol the shadow in the small circles should be on the otherside if the sun is coming from the bottom,the shadows dont add up, no shadow in the bottom of the drill marks in fact its shiny, i want to relax, its an optical illusion

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

It's not a deep drill hole -- it's only a very shallow percussive hole, made by the drill bit vibrating up and down (the bit was NOT spinning to make this mark). The hole is still shallow enough for the sunlight to reach the bottom.

To give you some scale as to how shallow that hole is, the entire drill bit (and that width of the mark it made) is only 16 mm wide. This mark was made basically by the bit just taking a chip out of the rock.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

It's not a deep drill hole -- it's only a very shallow percussive hole, made by the drill bit vibrating up and down (the bit was NOT spinning to make this mark). The hole is still shallow enough for the sunlight to reach the bottom.

To give you some scale as to how shallow that hole is, the entire drill bit (and that width of the mark it made) is only 16 mm wide. This mark was made basically by just a chip taken out of the rock.

diddnt they clean the area before drilling? Any pics of that?and how big is the area which is cleaned. Also looking at surounding features not associated with the drill hole the shadows are not conducive to the sun coming from the bottom.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

no its not, its sticking out.

But if you turn the image the upside down, it's not sticking out... it's hole.

Oooooops - I should have paid more attention - I see someone's already posted it! My apologies.
edit on 13-2-2013 by aspiechick because: I'm an idiot

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

To give you some scale as to how shallow that hole is, the entire drill bit (and that width of the mark it made) is only 16 mm wide. This mark was made basically by just a chip taken out of the rock.

diddnt they clean the area before drilling? Any pics of that?and how big is the area which is cleaned. Also looking at surounding features not associated with the drill hole the shadows are not conducive to the sun coming from the bottom.

I don't know if they cleaned it prior to the percussive test of the drill. The sand grains at the top are probably some of the debris created by the percussive test.

Which features are not conducive to the sunlight coming from the bottom? The shadow cast by those sand grains seem to give a pretty clear indication of the general direction of the sunlight.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I don't know if they cleaned it prior to the percussive test of the drill. The sand grains at the top are probably some of the debris created by the percussive test.

Which features are not conducive to the sunlight coming from the bottom? The shadow cast by those sand grains seem to give a pretty clear indication of the general direction of the sunlight.

the little ridge at about 7 oclock about,in your measurement 20 mil from the hole. Also the hole near the dot in your letter i in your word direction.
edit on 13-2-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: extra info

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
Careful OP. Mentioning either, or both, ancient civilization on Mars, and/or Richard Hoagland in any thread causes some folks to have seizures. You should have posted a warning.

However, I think Soylent has offered up information well worth considering.

edit on 2/13/2013 by Klassified because: (no reason given)
i understand ,consider me warned. Yep its rock caused by drill bit.

Here's the drill bit compared to the hole.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

Careful OP. Mentioning either, or both, ancient civilization on Mars, and/or Richard Hoagland in any thread causes some folks to have seizures. You should have posted a warning.

got a link for that,strange shaped drill, are you sure that is not what has been uncovered lol

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

got a link for that,strange shaped drill, are you sure that is not what has been uncovered lol

No, but it is up there on Mars. :-)

It's from a photo of Curiosity's drill bit.

I flipped the image so you can see how it fits the hole it makes.
edit on 13-2-2013 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

Thats the weirdest drilbit iv ever seen. Can i see soil underneath it, is that a top down view?it looks like a scrap peice of metal.
edit on 13-2-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: added sentance

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

the little ridge at about 7 oclock about,in your measurement 20 mil from the hole. Also the hole near the dot in your letter i in your word direction.
edit on 13-2-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: extra info

I think that object under the "i" in direction could be more grains of stuff on top of the rock -- maybe debris from the drill test, and NOT a tiny hole.

However, ignoring the direction of that shadow (which we need to do if in this case, because the direction of that shadow is what we are trying to define here), we need to look for something that we can positively identify as an "innie or an outie" (a hole, or something on TOP of the smooth surface)...

...And I think those little objects I labeled as grains of sand can be positive identified as grains of sand, and are thus "outies". The shadows from those grains of sand would then indicate that the sunlight is coming generally from the bottom.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Thats the weirdest drilbit iv ever seen. Can i see soil underneath it, is that a top down view?

I posted this link before, but here is and article that shows what the drill assembly looks like:

spaceref.com...

...and a picture from that article:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
Two questions, two:

How big is that shiny thing in the picture?

What does Hoagland have to do with it?

BTW, this looks like a speaker to me:

edit on 13-2-2013 by Lazarus Short because: pho-to

edit on 13-2-2013 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah
he claims evidence of ancient mars civilisation.

Would you happen to have a link to where he makes that claim? I didn't see it anywhere.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

yes i agree those sand grains are outies but they also be innies, if they are outies why has not one rolloed to the bottom of the hole? Someone asked if there are pictures of the drill area before drilling,.i will atempt to find them.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
Two questions, two:

How big is that shiny thing in the picture?

What does Hoagland have to do with it?

BTW, this looks like a speaker to me:

edit on 13-2-2013 by Lazarus Short because: pho-to

edit on 13-2-2013 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah
he claims evidence of ancient mars civilisation.

Would you happen to have a link to where he makes that claim? I didn't see it anywhere.
search mars anomaly on youtube, i watched the vid last week,he goes into some detail why nasa picked gale creater ahead of cydonia. He says you should not have a 5km mountain inside a crater. He compares the area with ruins ofbancient cities on earth. When i find it i will link.
edit on 13-2-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: wrong info

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Thats the weirdest drilbit iv ever seen. Can i see soil underneath it, is that a top down view?

I posted this link before, but here is and article that shows what the drill assembly looks like:

spaceref.com...

thanks soylent im glad for your help.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Looks either like the drill from the rover in operation or it broke off and that is what you are seeing. As for RCH, he is revered for finding patterns in image pixelation. He can take an image of mountains on a plateau, morph it a little to look like a face and fit his sacred geometry into any group of geological features.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

spaceref.com...

the same artcle says it a rotating drill with percusion" can not see any rotation in the hole.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

spaceref.com...

[snip image]

the same artcle says it a rotating drill with percusion" can not see any rotation in the hole.

It can do either. The mark left in the image in your OP is a percussion mark.

That's why you can see the shape of the bit in that mark -- it was made by the bit striking straight sown (or maybe vibrating in the same spot for several percussive strikes).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join