It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mars rock not!Hoagaland is correct.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by symptomoftheuniverse
While i was looking at the mars creature thread when i saw this picture. Apparently this is indentation caused by the drill. But is it though? I believe this picture was published by accident and the object protruding from the rock is why nasa went to gale crator. Its obviosly metal and it is obviously sticking out. It is obviously ancient. I dont know how to link my pic but if you click on my profile you will see it. img.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 13-2-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: tried to add pic

No. that is a hole made by Curiosity's drill bit. It's a percussion drill and a rotary drill, and what you are seeing in you image is a test of the percussive ability of the drill.

By the way, that is a hole -- not an object "sticking out". Below is another image that shows more context. You can tell by comparing the drill hole shadow with other shadows on this other picture taken of the same drill mark that the mark is a hole. The Sunlight is shining up from the bottom of the image:

Here is the story about the drilling:
marsprogram.jpl.nasa.gov...

Here is a succession of images taken by the MAHLI camera on sol 176 during that percussive drill testing process:

Curiostity MAHLI Camera, Sol 176

edit on 2/13/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

Well there ya go.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
Two questions, two:

How big is that shiny thing in the picture?

What does Hoagland have to do with it?

BTW, this looks like a speaker to me:

edit on 13-2-2013 by Lazarus Short because: pho-to

edit on 13-2-2013 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah
he claims evidence of ancient mars civilisation.

Of course he does.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sayitaintso
As for the " metallic" appearance, it could be a rock weathered smooth by the elements over time. The straight lines though, are a bit out of place in my opinion.
Any source for the photo?
nasa, its a real pic.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Here's your picture,
All you needed to do was copy and paste the url,(under the image) into the image box in you reply box.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

While i was looking at the mars creature thread when i saw this picture. Apparently this is indentation caused by the drill. But is it though? I believe this picture was published by accident and the object protruding from the rock is why nasa went to gale crator. Its obviosly metal and it is obviously sticking out. It is obviously ancient. I dont know how to link my pic but if you click on my profile you will see it. img.abovetopsecret.com...

No. that is a hole made by Curiosity's drill bit. It's a percussion drill and a rotary drill, and what you are seeing in you image is a test of the percussive ability of the drill.

By the way, that is a hole, and not an object "sticking out". You can tell by comparing the drill hole shadow with other shadows on this other picture taken of the same drill mark. The Sunlight is shining up from the bottom of the image:

Here is a succession of images taken by the MAHLI camera on sol 176 during that percussive drill testing process:

they are not the same drill marks,compare the surroundings. It looks like they have been trying to lazer around it.

What?

are you saying that Curiosity's drill mark the my image here:

Full size source image

is not the same hole as your image here?"

It is certainly the same percussive drill test mark, and in my image you can get better context and see the locations of the shadows. The shadows indicate that it is a hole -- a hole made by a test of Curiosity's percussive drill bit, es explained in my post above.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
Here's your picture,
All you needed to do was copy and paste the url,(under the image) into the image box in you reply box.

image box? Thankyou anyway. Is this the real reason why the pope resigned?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

Is this the real reason why the pope resigned?

No , nor does it prove Hoagaland is correct .
It is however proof of an over active imagination .

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

By the way, that is a hole, and not an object "sticking out". You can tell by comparing the drill hole shadow with other shadows on this other picture taken of the same drill mark. The Sunlight is shining up from the bottom of the image:

they are not the same drill marks,compare the surroundings. It looks like they have been trying to lazer around it.

What?

are you saying that Curiosity's drill mark the my image here:

is not the same hole as your image here?"

It is certainly the same percussive drill test mark, and in my image you can get better context and see the locations of the shadows. The shadows indicate that it is a hole -- a hole made by a test of Curiosity's percussive drill bit, es explained in my post above.

the images in this thread are not the same as the ones in the link, you seem to be muddying the waters somewhat.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

The only difference I see between them is one is zoomed in closer than the other. They're the exact same image.

edit on 2/13/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

the images in this thread are not the same as the ones in the link, you seem to be muddying the waters somewhat.

Correct -- the image on the front page of the NASA story is NOT your image -- that's why along with the story I include the link to other Sol 176 images to sho the succession of images taken at differnt times during testing procedure.

I included this part in my post for clarity, and to NOT muddy the waters.

By the way, they did the test in more than one area of that rock. The first drill test showed the rock to not be suitable for drilling, so they went to a second test area.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

They are the same.

Go to Soy's links - lots of different views too.

If you ask me he's cleared up the muddy waters a lot.
edit on 13-2-2013 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

The only difference I see between them is one is zoomed in closer than the other. They're the exact same image.

edit on 2/13/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)
yes excuse me the one in the link is my picture the other pics that soylent in the other creature thread are different. tried to debunk with are not the same

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Where is the white vein in my pics? Not the same area.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sayitaintso
As for the " metallic" appearance, it could be a rock weathered smooth by the elements over time. The straight lines though, are a bit out of place in my opinion.
Any source for the photo?

I am surprised nobody else can see that this object has straight lines and is tapered on both corners. I cannot say if it is rock or metal, But it does have some shine on the left corner. maybe the rover scraped it? who knows. But why the perfect lines and tapered corners?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by russ1969

Because it's the impression of Curiosity's drill bit.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

You mean the one towards the bottom of the pic in the link? That would be why I said "one appears more zoomed in than the other." Your picture is zoomed in so that some details don't appear, such as that one.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

Is this the real reason why the pope resigned?

No , nor does it prove Hoagaland is correct .
It is however proof of an over active imagination .
at least i have an imagination must be terrible to have no vision or creative thought.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2
reply to post by russ1969

Because it's the impression of Curiosity's drill bit.

no its not, its sticking out.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Careful OP. Mentioning either, or both, ancient civilization on Mars, and/or Richard Hoagland in any thread causes some folks to have seizures. You should have posted a warning.

However, I think Soylent has offered up information well worth considering.

edit on 2/13/2013 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

You mean the one towards the bottom of the pic in the link? That would be why I said "one appears more zoomed in than the other." Your picture is zoomed in so that some details don't appear, such as that one.
ok wheres the shiny stuff at the bottom of the screen in the full sized pic. Dont tell me its zoomed out to much.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join